Future Stadiums

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Future Stadiums

Postby nickson71 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 am

Socrates wrote:
john68 wrote:Apparently the steel and girders are to build a fence round the pitch at Eastlands, so Douglas can't see the tactics we are using and report back on here.

I think we are now at the point where the club do need to do something if they want Eastlands to reach its potential for attendances.
It isn't worth doing so, if the present rent deal with the council continues. We would get smaller profits and the council would gain.

It wouldn't though, would it? It would only be valid for attendances above Maine Road and up to the present COMS capacity but wouldn't be applicable for the attendances above the current COMS if the redevelopment was paid for by the club not the council.

Agreed .... If we are going to be spending millions on the stadium to increase the capacity we either renegotiate the deal with the council as the old deal would be total inappropriate or we'd by the stadium first

And if we are going to be building a new stadium as COMS can't be expanded enough surely the owners would just build a new one near by and we'd move in once it was complete and COMS would either be knocked down or used for something else after the new stadium was built. ..... Also according to the rumour mill we've been buying up land around the stadium which most people seem to think is for a new training complex who's to say that this couldn't be changed for to stadium.

Personally I think we'll just expand COMS but there are other options assuming we can get the council on board

What ever happens we'll be getting an increase size one way or another but I do think that the whole 2018 cup bid may have a big part to play if Engalnd get the world cup.
nickson71
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: Future Stadiums

Postby Vhero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:55 pm

john@staustell wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:60k is our maximum matchday support. That's all we should extend it upto. There's no point in building an 80k stadium and only getting 45k vs Fulham or Portsmouth.

Where's that from GG? If it's historical then there are far more fans going to the likes of SCUM, Chelsea and Arsenal today than ever, most clubs I reckon. We haven't even tapped the glory hunter market yet and we have a much more solid base than Chelsea did before the late nineties, much more.

New bigger stadia attract more fans, dont ask me why but they do!

I agree once we start hitting top 4 we are gonna blow 60k easy.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum