Future Stadiums

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Future Stadiums

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 pm

Dunno if anybody posted this before but found it and though you guys might want a look. http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/future_stadiums.shtml Scouse reds Stadium looks really nice but the Olympic Stadium is UGLY. Some really good satiums football and none to look at here. I especially like the Barzial ones for the 2014 world cup in the 60-70k bracket.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Future Stadiums

Postby Lee_Kinda » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Pompey?

WTF!!!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:Pompey?

WTF!!!

Yeah I thought that its the weirdest looking thing I ever saw.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Even after his return to Pompey, Benji still had trouble staying onside...
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:19 pm

think pompey have scrapped plans for new stadium now
Robert
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am

Thats a really good link Vhero, enjoyed looking at that. I really like Tottenhams, I like the single tier on the ends. And I do agree, the stadiums they have planned for Brasil look really nice.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Fish111 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:51 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:Pompey?

WTF!!!

That club really are deluded aren't they? They can't even pay their players so i assume this one is a pipe dream.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:06 am

Vhero wrote:Dunno if anybody posted this before but found it and though you guys might want a look. http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/future_stadiums.shtml Scouse reds Stadium looks really nice but the Olympic Stadium is UGLY. Some really good satiums football and none to look at here. I especially like the Barzial ones for the 2014 world cup in the 60-70k bracket.

Looking at that from professional point of view, I can assure you that Stanley Park will look very different from that if they'd actually build it. That is only architects vision. Once engineers count the actual costs, lot of the pointless steel and concrete structures will be scrapped. That is a fact. Unless they get taken over by some filthy rich oil trilliobillionaire who doesn't mind the costs.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Vhero wrote:Dunno if anybody posted this before but found it and though you guys might want a look. http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/future_stadiums.shtml Scouse reds Stadium looks really nice but the Olympic Stadium is UGLY. Some really good satiums football and none to look at here. I especially like the Barzial ones for the 2014 world cup in the 60-70k bracket.

Looking at that from professional point of view, then I can assure you that Stanley Park will look very different from that if actualy build. That is only architects vision. Once engineers count the actual costs, lot of the pointless steel and concrete structures will be scrapped. That is a fact. Unless they get taken over by some filthy rich oil trilliobillionaire who doesn't mind the costs.

I agree and it won't be built anyways while they are owned by those 2 Americans
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 13021J » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 am

Kyle wrote:Thats a really good link Vhero, enjoyed looking at that. I really like Tottenhams, I like the single tier on the ends. And I do agree, the stadiums they have planned for Brasil look really nice.

Somebody posted a picture of massive single tier stand once that looked amazing, think it was Germany possibly Dortmund, the stand looked like it had about 40,000 people in it! The Germans fold away the seats for league games and have standing in some sections, why can't we manage that over here?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:31 am

I agree that Liverpool and Tottenham's ones look very good, although I also agree with NQDP that Liveprool's won't be like that if it really gets built because of costs. As for the Spurs one, I'd like it better if it had only the Tottenham Hotspurs writing over the ends, and not that other writing too, but I guess that will be the space for the sponsor's name, won't it?

The Valencia's Nou Mestalla looks mint too, although I wonder with which money they are going to build it.

Speaking of new stadiums, this is the presentation of the new A.S. Roma stadium, entitled to the latest great chairman Franco Sensi, the chairman of the last Italian title won, who died of illness in August 2008:

[youtube]ZQFhBchYavY[/youtube]

The project is still in its embrional stage due to the bad financial situation of the club, so I don't know if it will ever get done, but it looks great imho.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am

Got one for City? We need 100,000 early January!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:47 am

I can understand the sentiments for the single tier stands but from a commercial point of view they are a money loser. The real money is made from corporate boxes on a matchday in relation to the space given to the boxes. If both stadiums get built at Spurs & Liverpool then i would expect the single tier stands to go which would mean the end of the Kop. Personally i think it's special atmosphere disappeared when it went all-seater anyway.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:16 am

I see that very few of the new stadiums have the pitch close to the pitch. Spurs' new is one of the only I recall. Not that there's any stupid running tracks there anymore but just like at Eastlands, the pitch is actually surprisingly far away from the stands at some points in the stadium. Why is that? Is it an architectural reason? Easier to build big all round stands when it's like that?

Also, what is it with the Landsdowne Road. Why is there just one tier at the other end when there's three at the other. strange.
Last edited by Moonchesteri on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:42 am

Moonchesteri wrote:I see that very few of the new stadiums have the pitch close to the field. Spurs' new is one of the only I recall. Not that there's any stupid running tracks there anymore but just like at Eastlands, the pitch is actually surprisingly far away from the stands at some points in the stadium. Why is that? Is it an architectural reason? Easier to build big all round stands when it's like that?

Also, what is it with the Landsdowne Road. Why is there just one tier at the other end when there's three at the other. strange.

Allrounders will always be further from the pitch than a stadium with open corners. It's quite simple geometry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:47 am

mr_nool wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:I see that very few of the new stadiums have the pitch close to the field. Spurs' new is one of the only I recall. Not that there's any stupid running tracks there anymore but just like at Eastlands, the pitch is actually surprisingly far away from the stands at some points in the stadium. Why is that? Is it an architectural reason? Easier to build big all round stands when it's like that?

Allrounders will always be further from the pitch than a stadium with open corners. It's quite simple geometry

Yes of course. I actually meant comparison between stadiums like ours and like Spurs' new where is no open corners yet all the stands are very close to the pitch.
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/pictures/future_stadiums/london_white.shtml
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:48 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:Speaking of new stadiums, this is the presentation of the new A.S. Roma stadium, entitled to the latest great chairman Franco Sensi, the chairman of the last Italian title won, who died of illness in August 2008:

[youtube]ZQFhBchYavY[/youtube]

The project is still in its embrional stage due to the bad financial situation of the club, so I don't know if it will ever get done, but it looks great imho.

Dramatic stuff aint it? Looks like a Ridley Scott epic. It'd be impressive if it ever got built, love the screens all round the outside of the stadium, certainly would create a sense of theatre as you walked to the ground
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:50 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Yes of course. I actually meant comparison between stadiums like ours and like Spurs' new where is no open corners yet all the stands are very close to the pitch.
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/pictures/future_stadiums/london_white.shtml

But there stadium isn't really round (only on the outside). It's more like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:56 am

mr_nool wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:I see that very few of the new stadiums have the pitch close to the pitch. Spurs' new is one of the only I recall. Not that there's any stupid running tracks there anymore but just like at Eastlands, the pitch is actually surprisingly far away from the stands at some points in the stadium. Why is that? Is it an architectural reason? Easier to build big all round stands when it's like that?

But there stadium isn't really round
(only on the outside). It's more like this:

Round enough for me! ;o)
And back to the original question, is it easier to build all rounder rather than that kind of stadium or am I just the only one who prefers stadiums with stands very close to the pitch!
Last edited by Moonchesteri on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:01 am

Well, the bigger the diameter, the bigger the capacity (without having to build very steep or high). I do agree with you do. I like stadiums to be as close to the pitch, and as "cramped" as possible as well.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum