Future Stadiums

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Future Stadiums

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:08 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Yes of course. I actually meant comparison between stadiums like ours and like Spurs' new where is no open corners yet all the stands are very close to the pitch.
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_menu/past_future/pictures/future_stadiums/london_white.shtml
From what I see the Spurs one has an external all-round shape but internally the stands are made as if it had open corners, I guess there might be some empty space (or filled with steel/other construction materials) between the back of the stands and the external shape to connect the open corner stands with the all round external, or something like that, while in most stadiums the stands are shaped follwoing the external shape of the building. That's the only way i can think of to make the stands so near to the pitch.

craigmcfc wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Speaking of new stadiums, this is the presentation of the new A.S. Roma stadium, entitled to the latest great chairman Franco Sensi, the chairman of the last Italian title won, who died of illness in August 2008:

[youtube]ZQFhBchYavY[/youtube]

The project is still in its embrional stage due to the bad financial situation of the club, so I don't know if it will ever get done, but it looks great imho.

Dramatic stuff aint it? Looks like a Ridley Scott epic. It'd be impressive if it ever got built, love the screens all round the outside of the stadium, certainly would create a sense of theatre as you walked to the ground

Haha mate, you're not far from the truth there, the video is actually made to look something out from the Gladiator movie, they even used the actor who dubbed Russel Crowe in the Italian version of the movie as the voice for the video, :D

The latest news ain't too good though, as I said the club is financially in quite bad waters and the council which was at first favourable to the idea is now getting colder on it as there have been contrasts with the club's current chairman, the daughter of the one the stadium should be entitled to.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:20 am

That Roma stadium looks gash,as for Spurs so does that.

Where is the imagination?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:27 am

That proposed Pompy stadium was going to be build on reclaimed land (in the sea), would cost a bloody fortune that would dwarf some African countries debt.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:41 am

13021J wrote:
Kyle wrote:Thats a really good link Vhero, enjoyed looking at that. I really like Tottenhams, I like the single tier on the ends. And I do agree, the stadiums they have planned for Brasil look really nice.

Somebody posted a picture of massive single tier stand once that looked amazing, think it was Germany possibly Dortmund, the stand looked like it had about 40,000 people in it! The Germans fold away the seats for league games and have standing in some sections, why can't we manage that over here?

Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Well changing tack a little, I heard on a flight back from the Burnley game at the start of November that our owners are looking to demolish COMS and re-build (a stadium) on the site.

This would have some creedence as a former high ranking city lives over here and the person it came from is a box holder. (I know the two are good mates, but I don't know if this information came from the high ranking official)

When this will be?...I don't know. Is it the whole ground or jut the ends?...Again I don't know.

However as has been posted on here in the past, the club has (allegedly) bought/ordered a large amount of steel girders, which would seem to confirm something is in the pipeline, whether it be a new training ground ovet at the old textile works or anything else.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Well changing tack a little, I heard on a flight back from the Burnley game at the start of November that our owners are looking to demolish COMS and re-build (a stadium) on the site.

This would have some creedence as a former high ranking city lives over here and the person it came from is a box holder. (I know the two are good mates, but I don't know if this information came from the high ranking official)

When this will be?...I don't know. Is it the whole ground or jut the ends?...Again I don't know.

However as has been posted on here in the past, the club has (allegedly) bought/ordered a large amount of steel girders, which would seem to confirm something is in the pipeline, whether it be a new training ground ovet at the old textile works or anything else.

Where would we play for a season?

My idea that i shared in the pub on Satdi was to build a bigger ground round the current one then demolish parts as they finish or build the extension around the ground and get rid of the roof etc as bits finish.
Im worried well end up at the Reebok for a season.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
13021J wrote:
Kyle wrote:Thats a really good link Vhero, enjoyed looking at that. I really like Tottenhams, I like the single tier on the ends. And I do agree, the stadiums they have planned for Brasil look really nice.

Somebody posted a picture of massive single tier stand once that looked amazing, think it was Germany possibly Dortmund, the stand looked like it had about 40,000 people in it! The Germans fold away the seats for league games and have standing in some sections, why can't we manage that over here?

This pic is the SOLE reason why this whole myth (operation one end) will not work...... Our stadium is not designed to its optimum..... the fact we have a tiered stand behind the goal has a dramatic impact on the atmosphere..... if the south stand was like that picture I guarantee we would not be calling for operation one end.... much like we never were at Maine Road - we had one big tier for the North Stand - the location of the away fans is a total moot point..... they are still between the same lot of fans that sat in the north stand and the kippax!!!!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:52 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Well changing tack a little, I heard on a flight back from the Burnley game at the start of November that our owners are looking to demolish COMS and re-build (a stadium) on the site.

My idea that i shared in the pub on Satdi was to build a bigger ground round the current one then demolish parts as they finish or build the extension around the ground and get rid of the roof etc as bits finish.

I don't think you should be worried..... unless I'm wrong, we he have more season ticket holders than the capactiy @ the reebok.... I thought we had 35,000+ ST holders. Doesn't the reebok only have a capactiy of about 30,000?

Either we would share the swamp, which is simply out of the question, or shekihy and co. would build a new one that we could just move straight into, or they would just increase capacity bit by bit at COMS during the close season.....
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Apparently the steel and girders are to build a fence round the pitch at Eastlands, so Douglas can't see the tactics we are using and report back on here.

I think we are now at the point where the club do need to do something if they want Eastlands to reach its potential for attendances.
It isn't worth doing so, if the present rent deal with the council continues. We would get smaller profits and the council would gain.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

Dunno LAHAD....I can only repeat what I heard on the plane. Will it happen? I doubt it myself.

Sheikh Mansour would be looking at buying the land/stadium, knocking it down and then re-building. that's a hell of a lot of cash. Plus what happens if he has some form of cash flow problem? I know that sound silly, but look at what's happened to Dubai in Recent Weeks?

Lots of answers to questions we will need before building we do....mmm Yes!

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby 13021J » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Dunno LAHAD....I can only repeat what I heard on the plane. Will it happen? I doubt it myself.

Sheikh Mansour would be looking at buying the land/stadium, knocking it down and then re-building. that's a hell of a lot of cash. Plus what happens if he has some form of cash flow problem? I know that sound silly, but look at what's happened to Dubai in Recent Weeks?

Cash flow problems, are you mad, Abu Dhabi is not another Dubai waiting to happen. Dubai has no oil and a sovereign wealth fund of circa $30bn, whereas Abu Dhabi has a sovereign wealth fund in the region of $650bn. If anything they are likely to buy Dubai's prize assets such as Emirates, maybe our stadium will also be called The Emirates soon??!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 pm

john68 wrote:I think we are now at the point where the club do need to do something if they want Eastlands to reach its potential for attendances.
It isn't worth doing so, if the present rent deal with the council continues. We would get smaller profits and the council would gain.

Agreed

We are selling out every game now...and the more successful we become...the demand will just rise

Better to address the capacity issues sooner rather than later
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:04 pm

13021J wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

Cash flow problems, are you mad, Abu Dhabi is not another Dubai waiting to happen. Dubai has no oil and a sovereign wealth fund of circa $30bn, whereas Abu Dhabi has a sovereign wealth fund in the region of $650bn. If anything they are likely to buy Dubai's prize assets such as Emirates, maybe our stadium will also be called The Emirates soon??!

So you can see into the future mate?

Manx Blue

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:06 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
john68 wrote:I think we are now at the point where the club do need to do something if they want Eastlands to reach its potential for attendances.

Agreed

We are selling out every game now...and the more successful we become...the demand will just rise

How does that work, really - has it just been the away attendance making the diffrence in numbers this season?
I'm proud to have been part of the record crowd at COMS (against Chelsea on Saturday), but I take it that's the record just because Chelsea close to sold out their allocation?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Agreed

How does that work, really - has it just been the away attendance making the diffrence in numbers this season?
I'm proud to have been part of the record crowd at COMS (against Chelsea on Saturday), but I take it that's the record just because Chelsea close to sold out their allocation?

I just think people are finally starting to believe

It's not a question of support

If we make it to Wembley in Febuary just watch the amount of blues coming out of the closet for that one!!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:12 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Agreed

If we make it to Wembley in Febuary just watch the amount of blues coming out of the closet for that one!!

Sorry, I put that really badly. What I meant to ask is if we've sold out the "home allocation" more times than just against Chelsea, thus making the number of away fans the major factor in us breaking the attendance record on Saturday?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:13 pm

I think you're right on that Noolie mate. Though I'm confused as we have sold out home tickets several times and have been told that the away allocation is fully subscribed too.
It would also mean that the rags never sold out their allocations for CoMS derbies.

Can anyone tell me the possible capacity of CoMS if we were to build the 3rd tier all round?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:16 pm

john68 wrote:I think you're right on that Noolie mate. Though I'm confused as we have sold out home tickets several times and have been told that the away allocation is fully subscribed too.
It would also mean that the rags never sold out their allocations for CoMS derbies.

Can anyone tell me the possible capacity of CoMS if we were to build the 3rd tier all round?

Missed you in the Townley on Saturday, mate!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:17 pm

mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Agreed

Touching on Noolies post, If we were to build a new stadium or extend what we already have, I would like to see the stadium/away area be flexible eough to cater for the 250 Fulham fans which attend and also the 3-4000 spectators for a premier league game.

If we have a club which brings a small following, the stadium should be flexible enough to cater for them in an area which doesn't hinder existing arrangements, or prevent city fans from buying a ticket because we're losing 200+ seats (such as Arsenal last week) due to a no mans land.

Manx Blue

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:19 pm

mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Agreed

Sorry, I put that really badly. What I meant to ask is if we've sold out the "home allocation" more times than just against Chelsea, thus making the number of away fans the major factor in us breaking the attendance record on Saturday?

Ah sorry I get you now

Think that must be the case...though like John has just pointed out...surely the rags would have sold all their allocation?!?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum