Caicedo back And City After Lahm?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Caicedo back And City After Lahm?

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:39 am

According to the link below, at the side of the main article theres a piece saying hes come back early, anyone got any info on this?cant seem to find anything!

Cheers

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... parky.html
Last edited by Niall Quinns Discopants on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title changed by NQDP
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Caicedo back?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:46 am

I really hope the Lahm story isn't true. One of the most overrated players in the world. Good going forward, yes but absolutely shocking at defending. Big no from me.

As for Caicedo, I wouldn't be surpriced if they'd send him back as to my knowledge he has flopped badly in Sporting and I read some opinions on him in English speaking Portuguese football board while back and they seemed far from impressed.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby 13021J » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:00 am

Sounds like Caicedo is back at Sporting's request not ours!

As for Lahm I've only ever seen him for Germany and he looked good then. Anyone else have any views?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Vhero » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 am

13021J wrote:Sounds like Caicedo is back at Sporting's request not ours!

As for Lahm I've only ever seen him for Germany and he looked good then. Anyone else have any views?

I only heard good things so I dunno I never watched him myself so wouldn't put my life on it or anything.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Caicedo back And City After Lahm?

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 am

Regardless of some peoples opinions...Lahm is regarded in the footballing world as one of the best left backs in the business

I...unlike others...actually like Wayne Bridge...but Lahm would be a considerable improvement on him
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:10 am

Vhero wrote:

I only heard good things so I dunno I never watched him myself so wouldn't put my life on it or anything.

That's the problem with Lahm. Everyone has only seen him on bloody Youtube and he looks like bees knees. However he gets regularily skinned by average wingers in German league, usually twice or three times a game. He makes Bridge look like Pearce as defender. More or less the same was the case with Roberto Carlos, who for me was THE most overrated player EVER.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:More or less the same was the case with Roberto Carlos, who for me was THE most overrated player EVER.

On that we can at least agree!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby mr_nool » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:16 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Vhero wrote:

That's the problem with Lahm. Everyone has only seen him on bloody Youtube and he looks like bees knees. However he gets regularily skinned by average wingers in German league, usually twice or three times a game. He makes Bridge look like Pearce as defender. More or less the same was the case with Roberto Carlos, who for me was THE most overrated player EVER.

I'm with you on this one Antti. Luxury full back, which Bayern could afford to play when they were at their best. Wouldn't surprise me if they'd let hiom go and replace him with someone who can defend. This season everyone seems to be able to anyone in the German league, so I reckon that Bayern can't afford the luxury of having someone like Lahm as fullback.
In many respects he's like Emanuelson in Ajax, who's now been moved away from the fullback spot to instead play as one of the attackers in a 4-3-3!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 am

Personally I think there's a cash-strapped club close by so we should make a swift bid for Evra which the Glazers cant refuse.

I dont care if he's a RAG. He can attack and defend and it would deprive them of one of their best players and solve our LB problem.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:36 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:More or less the same was the case with Roberto Carlos, who for me was THE most overrated player EVER.

On that we can at least agree!

And can anyone own up to ever seeing him score a free kick that wasn't "that one"?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am

john@staustell wrote:Personally I think there's a cash-strapped club close by so we should make a swift bid for Evra which the Glazers cant refuse.

I dont care if he's a RAG. He can attack and defend and it would deprive them of one of their best players and solve our LB problem.

Now this is someone I'd really like to see at City as LB. Lahm is no improvement over Bridge, not defensively and Bridge can atatck well enough imho. He's a rag, true, but he's class and we should not let who he has played for stop us from getting a quality player.

I highly doubt they'd sell him to us though, just like the Arse with Clichy who is second on my LB wish list.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Mike J » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:39 am

if not lahm id like us to go for vargas at fiorentina. whenever i have seen him play he has done very well.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:43 am

Mike J wrote:if not lahm id like us to go for vargas at fiorentina. whenever i have seen him play he has done very well.

Trust me, you don't want Vargas as left back. Fiorentina put him there last season and he was average at best, if we criticize Micah for going forward and then not coming back, Vargas is even worse on that aspect and cost them many points because of that. As a winger like they are using him this season, now that's something worth a thought.
CityFanFromRome

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:43 am

Mike J wrote:if not lahm id like us to go for vargas at fiorentina. whenever i have seen him play he has done very well.

Hughes seems wary, quite rightly(especially with the time pressure put on him), of any players from foreign leagues. How many people have looked brilliant in Italy and been absolute pants here? Quite a lot. Even Evra (from France?) looked bloody awful for his first 6 months. Trevor Sinclair outdid him!

I'll be surprised if, it being January, Les takes a foreign LB or RB mid-season, unless he's very, VERY world class!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mike J » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:47 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:

Trust me, you don't want Vargas as left back. Fiorentina put him there last season and he was average at best, if we criticize Micah for going forward and then not coming back, Vargas is even worse on that aspect and cost them many points because of that. As a winger like they are using him this season, now that's something worth a thought.

to be honest ive seen him play as a winger more than a defender. but on the odd occasion ive seen him at left back i thought he did well.

there actually seems to be a shortage of top class left backs that can do the job going forward and defending. sadly the scum probably have the best one.

as money is no problem my no1 choice would be clichy but i dont think we'd have a chance of getting him.
Mike J

Postby Mike J » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 am

john@staustell wrote:

Hughes seems wary, quite rightly(especially with the time pressure put on him), of any players from foreign leagues. How many people have looked brilliant in Italy and been absolute pants here? Quite a lot. Even Evra (from France?) looked bloody awful for his first 6 months. Trevor Sinclair outdid him!

I'll be surprised if, it being January, Les takes a foreign LB or RB mid-season, unless he's very, VERY world class!

wasnt he checking out that lad at osasuna? Azpilicueta?? anyone know how good he is.
Mike J

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:51 am

Mike J wrote:wasnt he checking out that lad at osasuna? Azpilicueta?? anyone know how good he is.
I heard great things about him, but he's a RB. We do need to improve that position too, though, so he's a good shout for the future. Maybe we will go for him this summer if Hughes is still here, that way the lad will have the whole pre-season to gel with the rest of the team.
CityFanFromRome

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Completely disagree with you there, in fact I couldn't disagree with you more.

Being German I have been watching Lahm for many years now both at a Club (my dad's side of the family are huge Bayern Munich fans) as well as on a national level. He is without the shadow of a doubt among the top 5 Left Backs in the world (and not only on youtube) and he can play Right Back as well.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 am

I'm still laughing at Evra's debut against us ... no thank's, I'd rather stick with Bridge
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mike J » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:03 am

Chinners wrote:I'm still laughing at Evra's debut against us ... no thank's, I'd rather stick with Bridge

tricky trev raped him that day.
Mike J

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum