Caicedo back And City After Lahm?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Caicedo back And City After Lahm?

Postby Colin the King » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Colin the King wrote:Lahm is an appalling player, one of the most overrated in the world. I'm sure he'd be a big hit with the video game types though. Watched him closely tonight, despite Bayern winning he was all over the place- dispossessed easily in the opposition half, left gaping holes in defence and offered little going forward when that's supposedly his forté. Bridge, for all his faults, is ten times the player Lahm will ever be.

As for Caicedo, he did little wrong when playing for us. Eight goals last season and we didn't have half as good a team as we do now. He'll never be a Drogba or anything but he's nowhere near as bad as people make out. When Ade heads off to Africa I'd like to see him at least on the bench- I really don't think he's a whole lot worse than Santa Cruz.

I have to say I've never disagreed with a post of yours to such a degree!

Lahm is quality and to say that Wayne Bridge is better in any way than him is crazy, let alone ten times better.... I watched that game last night and I thought Lahm did reasonably well although Juve fell apart in second half, however I have seen him play immensely in other games.

As for Caicedo, I already said that we have nothing to lose by having him back, but big Phil has a long way to go to prove he is on the same level as RSC and I'm quite sure every other player and manager would agree with this.

Have you watched RSC as closely as you watched Lahm? Or is your opinion based on one of the two starts he has made for us?

I have mate and I think he's a good player, a goalscorer who holds the ball up well and is a real threat from set pieces. I like him as a player and am far from one of the boo boys- what I'm trying to say is I think Caicedo isn't as poor a player as others are making out, therefore we could do worse than have him on the bench while Ade's in Africa.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:05 pm

Colin the King wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Colin the King wrote:Lahm is an appalling player, one of the most overrated in the world. I'm sure he'd be a big hit with the video game types though. Watched him closely tonight, despite Bayern winning he was all over the place- dispossessed easily in the opposition half, left gaping holes in defence and offered little going forward when that's supposedly his forté. Bridge, for all his faults, is ten times the player Lahm will ever be.

As for Caicedo, he did little wrong when playing for us. Eight goals last season and we didn't have half as good a team as we do now. He'll never be a Drogba or anything but he's nowhere near as bad as people make out. When Ade heads off to Africa I'd like to see him at least on the bench- I really don't think he's a whole lot worse than Santa Cruz.

I have to say I've never disagreed with a post of yours to such a degree!

Lahm is quality and to say that Wayne Bridge is better in any way than him is crazy, let alone ten times better.... I watched that game last night and I thought Lahm did reasonably well although Juve fell apart in second half, however I have seen him play immensely in other games.

As for Caicedo, I already said that we have nothing to lose by having him back, but big Phil has a long way to go to prove he is on the same level as RSC and I'm quite sure every other player and manager would agree with this.

Have you watched RSC as closely as you watched Lahm? Or is your opinion based on one of the two starts he has made for us?

I have mate and I think he's a good player, a goalscorer who holds the ball up well and is a real threat from set pieces. I like him as a player and am far from one of the boo boys- what I'm trying to say is I think Caicedo isn't as poor a player as others are making out, therefore we could do worse than have him on the bench while Ade's in Africa.

I am with this - I am no boo boy of RSC and given that Hughes has an outstanding record so far in his purchases then I stand ready to be wowed

Re big Phil - well I am delighted - this is not a question of him or RSC - but if we develop him I have this real belief that their could be a Drogba + in there somewhere - it could just really click although I know most will laugh
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blueboylewis » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Good to hear Caicedo's back! Hopefully, he can show us what he can do in January when Ade is gone. Caicedo might be gone by then but we will see hey.

And Lahm, Dont want him! Bridgey is good enough for me.
Blueboylewis

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ant london » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 am

Has there been anything on the Caicedo "story" other than rumours in the press that Sporting might look to terminate the loan deal in January?

The more I think about it in terms of us not having Adebayor for January (and the amount of important games we have then) the option of having both Santa Cruz and Caicedo as physical forward options is increasingly appealing.

Shame that the loan hasn't seen him get much game time as I really did feel he was starting to develop quickly the back end of last season.

He combined well with Robbie and Elano and I don't see any reason why he couldn't prosper with Tevez and Robinho either side of him and Ireland pulling the strings behind

Get him back I say

[youtube]3f1rgForaxs[/youtube]
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:19 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
dazby wrote:I've seen Lahm play 4 times. 4 goals have been scored in these matches as a result of him not defending properly.

I've yet to see him have a good game.

he does have kind of a huge ass tho, which we're missing since Dunne's departure. So that box gets checked if we add him. Surely you can appreciate that aspect of this, no?

cheers

This is an excellent and pertinent point you raise Doomy. We've had to get by on Micahs posterior but he's not been a regular which disappoints me. Won't someone come and save our ass? Is big Phil the man?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum