Johno

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johno

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:22 pm

" I've never heard of abdominal injury that would keep you out for a year."

You have now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Its bad news how some stories can get carried away and even ruin the reputation of people, especially as most people that post about Johno are blues. I think its important to bring up the post about ''its possible to go to a club and night drink''. I've seen johno on a shitload of occasions around manchester, but id say only a handful of occasions, maybe 2 or 3 was he actually drinking. And they were when he was injured.

Especially under sven, our full squad was out on most week nights. Im sure a few of our players are out regularly now, its just im sure guys like Robinho would go to places where we wouldnt be. The kind of places that Ronaldo would have gone too.

If I was a footballer I wouldnt be able to stop myself going out.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Quite surprised to see so many people comment on a situation that they - at best - only know from hearsay.

I am gutted for the lad.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:00 pm

What a shame, hopefully he will be ready for preseason but I doubt he will. Oh well, we waited patiently for Boj, we can wait for Johnno too. As for his drinking problems, I won't comment on them as I don't know the truth, but if he had some drinking problems hopefully he worked/is working to resolve them too.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:13 pm

GUTTED FOR THE LAD BUT WE HAVE TO THANK OUR OWNERS THAT IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER (REPLACEMENT AND FINANCIAL WISE)AS WE CAN JUST GO OUT AND REPLACE HIM......WE COULDNT SAY THAT IN THE PAST COULD WE!!! WE WOULD ALL BE THINKING "SHIT" NOW WE HAVE TO LOOK FOR X AMOUNT IN THE COFFERS TO BUY A REPLACEMENT.

SHAME FOR MJ THOUGH...
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Nick wrote:Its bad news how some stories can get carried away and even ruin the reputation of people, especially as most people that post about Johno are blues. I think its important to bring up the post about ''its possible to go to a club and night drink''. I've seen johno on a shitload of occasions around manchester, but id say only a handful of occasions, maybe 2 or 3 was he actually drinking. And they were when he was injured.

Especially under sven, our full squad was out on most week nights. Im sure a few of our players are out regularly now, its just im sure guys like Robinho would go to places where we wouldnt be. The kind of places that Ronaldo would have gone too.

thank you for the clarification weird stalker person ;o)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:20 pm

Nick wrote:Its bad news how some stories can get carried away and even ruin the reputation of people, especially as most people that post about Johno are blues. I think its important to bring up the post about ''its possible to go to a club and night drink''. I've seen johno on a shitload of occasions around manchester, but id say only a handful of occasions, maybe 2 or 3 was he actually drinking. And they were when he was injured.

If I were a well paid footballer, I'd be sat at home sipping 80 quid wine, to go along with my specially imported Wapenaar and Jarlsberg cheese, while listening to any of my 10,000+ rare lp's on my fat ass sound system, while getting head from a stunningly beautiful, yet intelligent girl.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:52 pm

mr_nool wrote:

If I were a well paid footballer, I'd be sat at home sipping 80 quid wine, to go along with my specially imported Wapenaar and Jarlsberg cheese, while listening to any of my 10,000+ rare lp's on my fat ass sound system, while getting head from a stunningly beautiful, yet intelligent girl.

Bollocks to that! Lol Im too outgoing as it is, let alone if i was a cocky, multi millionaire young footballer! Having a mansion and everything in it is no good without people or being able to go out.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Nick wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Bollocks to that! Lol Im too outgoing as it is, let alone if i was a cocky, multi millionaire young footballer! Having a mansion and everything in it is no good without people or being able to go out.

I'd probably done the same when I was in Johnson's age. Unfortunatley I'm more the age of Shay Given ...
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm

The gambling is bad news though. Far too many prem players are big on gambling. I'd say its more of those muppets from stretford that you usually see and not our players.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:59 pm

Nick wrote:The gambling is bad news though. Far too many prem players are big on gambling. I'd say its more of those muppets from stretford that you usually see and not our players.

I actually seen resaerch that shows that top athleats are more prown on gambling. Something about always looking for that adrenaline rush ...
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Patrick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 pm

Man City midfielder Johnson out for season
Reuters - December 12, 2009, 9:54 am
LONDON, Dec 11 (Reuters) - Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, the Premier League club said on Friday.

"His season is over, he had worked really hard to get back to a level where I was considering him for games again," City boss Mark Hughes told the club website (www.mcfc.co.uk).

The England Under-21 player, who had only recently returned from a pelvic injury that sidelined him for around a year, damaged his anterior cruciate ligament in training on Tuesday.

(Reporting by Neil Maidment; Editing by Justin Palmer; to query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)

Bugger
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:24 am

mr_nool wrote:
Nick wrote:The gambling is bad news though. Far too many prem players are big on gambling. I'd say its more of those muppets from stretford that you usually see and not our players.

I actually seen resaerch that shows that top athleats are more prown on gambling. Something about always looking for that adrenaline rush ...

Yeah Its bad news when ur betting 100,000 because it means nothing to u and still barely gives u a buzz if u win / lose. Its like back in the day when u'd do unlimited money cheats on games like the Sims and it just wasn't fun anymore :P Haha.

I really hope they give a shit load of their money away. I mean in this country you get pensioners giving there last penny to flood- collections etc. I watched this sad program on BBC THREE last night about a lad who got injured playing rugby and was dead from the neck down and needs thousands a year just to stay alive. If I was a footballer I couldnt help myself making crazy donations to people like that.

(Just as I see Theo Walcott bought his girlfriend a 140,000 ferrari. Fuck me how are Arsenal paying him that much?! Is he even 21?!?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:05 am

What people forget with footballers is that many of them are thick as pigshit and have little prospect of going on to earn good money once they retire from playing. They basically have to earn enough in just over a decade to set themselves up for another half a century! And the headline figures are usually before tax and NI and also ridiculous agent fees. Ok, some like Craig Bellamy give lots of money away but he has a brain and has a future once he retires, he plans to go into management and if that didn't work out he would have many other options. For most, it is a one off opportunity and they have to maximise it. So high stakes gambling could end up being very painful. So I hope to goodness Johno's stakes are a bit more sensible than a month's net wages in one pop???
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum