Johno

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Johno

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:46 pm

10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby OliverHardy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Ive read all the posts on here and all the posts on Bluemoon, but is there actually anything official on this?
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Please God I hope this isn't true but it certainly seems so...

This kid has the world at his feet and he just keeps getting shat on.

Life's a real bitch.
Original Dub

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:33 pm

12 months what the fuck!!!!!

Lol I wasnt there, my mate did he knee in playing at the weekend and happened to be there at the same time. Looks like its a Nick stalker exclusive! Hope hes not out for that long!! Cursed!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 pm

is this ligament thing true? any official word?

fucksticks.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:22 pm

i not sorry for the lad at all, he was out at a club, probably boozing and thats when hes just returned from injury, the guy earns more in a week than most do in ayear. common sense tells you that fighting for a place in the first team doesnt mean going on the piss!!!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:51 pm

dick dastardley wrote:i not sorry for the lad at all, he was out at a club, probably boozing and thats when hes just returned from injury, the guy earns more in a week than most do in ayear. common sense tells you that fighting for a place in the first team doesnt mean going on the piss!!!!!

i really doubt that he got his ass beat in a club. let's be honest...it would be all over the papers.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Burt » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:59 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:i not sorry for the lad at all, he was out at a club, probably boozing and thats when hes just returned from injury, the guy earns more in a week than most do in ayear. common sense tells you that fighting for a place in the first team doesnt mean going on the piss!!!!!

i really doubt that he got his ass beat in a club. let's be honest...it would be all over the papers.

cheers

But I think what he means is why was he out on the piss?

Manchester is hammered every weekend in December and he's tryin to get back to fitness and in the team so he goes out on the lash on the night of a game!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:50 pm

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... njury-blow

"Michael Johnson has injured a knee in training and could face a long spell on the sidelines.
The England Under 21 midfielder had recently battled back from an abdominal problem that kept him out of the City side for around a year, and as well as scoring against Scunthorpe United in the Carling Cup he had regularly been back on the bench for recent matches.

Johnson will find out the full extent of his new injury in the next few days, and he has already received sympathetic backing from manager Mark Hughes, who said:

"We are all disappointed for Michael, who has worked so hard to get back into first team contention and shown everyone what a good player he is.

"Unfortunately he might be out for the season but he will receive the best possible care and attention."
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:54 pm

very different story than out on the lash beaten up by a rag.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Whos the jan replacement then??
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Sorry but I think your comments are well out of order. I am absolutely gutted for the lad. He had worked really hard to get back to fitness and literally when I saw him on Monday with NMT we both thought how good and trim he was looking.The injury happened on tuesday in training and was just one of those things.

When it happened he was in agony and I am sure everyone feared the worst. It was deemed best for me not to post until more was known about the extent of the injury. It was hoped it might have been like Micah's against Chelsea but sadly its a bad one and I feel sure he won't play again this season but will just hope and pray he will be back for next season.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Colin the King » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Sorry but I think your comments are well out of order. I am absolutely gutted for the lad. He had worked really hard to get back to fitness and literally when I saw him on Monday with NMT we both thought how good and trim he was looking.The injury happened on tuesday in training and was just one of those things.

When it happened he was in agony and I am sure everyone feared the worst. It was deemed best for me not to post until more was known about the extent of the injury. It was hoped it might have been like Micah's against Chelsea but sadly its a bad one and I feel sure he won't play again this season but will just hope and pray he will be back for next season.

Agreed, it was way out of order and just more speculative rubbish. If you don't know the ins and outs don't pretend to.

Best wishes Johnno, here's hoping you can come back sooner than later.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:37 pm

FUCK.

proper gutted about this, was well looking forward to seeing more of johnno.

chin up lad, you have the quality to be a part of where we are going. we are all 100% behind you, you got back from injury once - you should now know you can do it again.
The Man In Blue

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Very sad news and very bad luck for Johnsen. I wish him all the best and a rapid recovery.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Done his cruciate ligament in training apparently, out for 9-12 months. Feel sorry for the lad. Apologies if already posted, not checked the board
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Mr Miyagi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Colin the King wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Agreed, it was way out of order and just more speculative rubbish. If you don't know the ins and outs don't pretend to.

Best wishes Johnno, here's hoping you can come back sooner than later.

Maybe Dickdastardly meant to say that the less you look after your body, the more likely you are to suffer injuries. I sympathise with that particular view. Especially alcohol. It will affect the softness of bones, muscles and tissues. It certainly affects the "abdomen".
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Biamp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Fooking hell. I feel really bad for the lad. He seemed to be on his way back and then this happens!
Wouldn't surprise me if this is the end of his career.

Don't think it will be the end of his career with the medical help he will get but I think it could be the end of his City days. By the time he is back it's another year with two more windows gone and I think further progress as a team. I personally will be sad if thats the case as he had the potential to be top class.

I'll be extremely sad as well. He deserves more. OK, end of career might be a bit drastic, but I'm not sure he'll be motivated to play lower league football after having had a sniff at top football.

I really like him to stay with us, he's been unlucky 2 bad injures in short time.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Yorkshire (sorry) blue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Damn! that goal against Scunthorpe reminded me of what a good player he was. It will be frustrating for him undoubtedly but he will

come back stronger!!
Yorkshire (sorry) blue
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 pm

You can go to a club without drinking. I've seen quotes that he was getting some grief when he was out but no mention of him being on the piss.
DH, I think you done right by the club and player in not mentioning the injury that Johnson got. Better all round that a thorough asessment of the injury was caried out before some shit was spouted. It can only help in your quest for a pass.
Get well soon Johno
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum