Training Thursday 10/12

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 10/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 pm

I arrived today to see cameras out on the field ready for a special event. Gradually they came out to be given a city blue christmas hat each plus a sheet with the words for them to sing. ( at least that's what I assume it was.)

Chistmas photo time but I am sure they started with a rendition of happy birthday , as they were facing the other way I couldn't see who for. Needless to say their singing was awful. That was followed by something close to the 12 days of Christmas which was pretty dreadful and they seemed glad when it was all over , even though there was much playground laughter as it was going on. So they can't sing , they can't bowl so it's a good job they can play football!

Onto the warm ups which was all we were going to see as the training itself was scheduled for behind the iron curtain. Nothing special but good to see Bellers back with them. Weiss and Vidal the other 2 illness victims were doing separate warming up so maybe they were harder hit by the bug than Bellers. And after 20 minutes they disappeared.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 10/12

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:23 pm

What about Johnson?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby blue wine » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 pm

thx doug, love your training reports.

you know wen you say some players stay behind for extra shoting practice, does ireland ever stay behind aswell? because thats one part of his game he really needs to improve!
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby ruralblue » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Cheers Doug as per.

I was wondering last night when the Christmas bit will be on the OS, soon if they been doing it today :-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm

blue wine wrote:thx doug, love your training reports.

you know wen you say some players stay behind for extra shoting practice, does ireland ever stay behind aswell? because thats one part of his game he really needs to improve!

Sorry been out all day but the answer is yes Stevie does stay for shooting practice. Not always though and today apparently he didn't. Some of his volleying at times is sensational.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mr Miyagi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:That was followed by something close to the 12 days of Christmas

Would love to have seen what Robinho made of it... did he know the words ?
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:That was followed by something close to the 12 days of Christmas

I think Robbie knows a lot more than he wants us to think. He was swearing in good old english with days of arriving :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goataldo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

I think Robbie knows a lot more than he wants us to think. He was swearing in good old english with days of arriving :)

Haha, he does seem to react to english interviewers' questions before he gets the portuguese translation! Can see it in his face.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Return to The Maine Football forum