Friday's Jingle Bells Video B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's Jingle Bells Video B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:37 am

MANCHESTER CITY'S stars got in the Christmas spirit at training yesterday - all except for Santa!
Roque Santa Cruz was the one player present not to slip on his festive City hat as the squad teamed up to sing 'Jingle Bells' for a video. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... e-hat.html

Robinho insists he is happy at Manchester City despite Barcelona interest
Robinho has played down the prospect of a move to Barcelona by insisting that he is happy to remain at Manchester City.
The Brazilian forward, a £32.5 million British record signing when he arrived at Eastlands from Real Madrid in September 2008, is a long-standing target for European champions Barcelona and the player himself has previously admitted his desire to move to the Nou Camp.

But after ending a 10-week ankle injury lay-off last month, Robinho insists that he has no urge to leave City. Sport on television Speaking on BBC television show Football Focus, Robinho said: "I am very happy at Manchester City and I intend to continue playing here for a long time. My focus is here at Manchester City. I love it here, my family are very happy and the fans love me. "Mark Hughes is a great manager, he has proved this in all the teams he has managed, and is showing that now with Manchester City." Robinho was recently labelled a 'circus act' by German legend Franz Beckenbauer, but he has warned the World Cup winner that he will remember those comments if Brazil and Germany meet in South Africa next summer. He said: "If Brazil plays Germany in the World Cup, I will remember what Beckenbauer said."

MARK HUGHES has told his Manchester City superstars to carry on snapping and snarling – with each other.
City boss Hughes contented himself with the comment “we addressed that” when asked about the higher intensity against Arsenal and Chelsea last week. But trusted assistant Mark Bowen has lifted the lid on the dressing-room dressing-downs that have transformed Manchester City.

Keeper Shay Given first revealed that the players had hit out at each other after the disappointing home draw with Hull.
Now, Bowen admits Hughes (below) and other staff members joined in – and they are happy for it to continue. He said: “It’s very, very healthy. We said last year when we first came into the club that there almost seemed to be apathy about the place and in the standards among the group. “If we lost, it was almost as if players tended to accept it of each other. That was a horrible feeling, to come into the dressing-room and sense that. “We were delighted to see the reaction after the Hull game. “Things were said by the management and staff as well. “And Shay’s right – it’s healthy and good. Obviously, you can’t let it turn into a problem situation where it gets physical, but on this occasion it was like a breath of fresh air in the place.” Carling Cup quarter-final success against Arsenal and the morale-boosting league win against leaders Chelsea mean snappy City go to Bolton tomorrow in feisty mood. Bowen added: “We were delighted that the players on the receiving end took it on the chin. “What they have shown over the last two weeks, as a team and as individuals, is the mental strength to take it on board, and not sulk, drop their heads and think that people were picking on them. “Some could have gone away and complained that the manager didn’t fancy them, or any other cliché that you always hear. But they didn’t – they got on and did something about it.”

Video of Robbies interview
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 407078.stm

BOLTON V CITY PREVIEW
[youtube]4hgBoXJ0vfw[/youtube]

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham will get rid of David Bentley in January following a heated row between the winger and manager Harry Redknapp. (Daily Express)

Redknapp has been told by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy that he will have to sell before he can make any signings in the new year.The Guardian

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is preparing a new-year raid for Stoke striker James Beattie following his row with manager Tony Pulis after the defeat at Arsenal.Daily Telegraph

Portsmouth manager Avram Grant has been ordered to offload players as the club's cash crisis mounts.Daily Telegraph

Blackburn are poised to complete the signing of French under-21 midfielder Amine Linganzi from St Etienne in January. Daily Mirror

Wigan are set to allow Ghana goalkeeper Richard Kingson leave the club in the new year after failing to unseat Chris Kirkland from the number one spot. The Sun

The entire playing staff of Crystal Palace have been put up for sale in order to solve the club's cash problems. Wigan and Sunderland are interested in midfielder Darren Ambrose, winger Victor Moses and goalkeeper Julian Speroni.Daily Mail

Sought-after Ipswich striker Connor Wickham, 16, who has attracted the interest of Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea, is set to sign a new five-year deal at Portman Road.Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
West Ham striker Dean Ashton will announce on Friday that he has been forced to retire from the game because of a persistent ankle injury.The Sun

And Ashton is considering whether he can sue Shaun Wright-Phillips and his then employers Chelsea for the challenge in 2006 that he will claim ended his career.Daily Telegraph

Paul Hart, who parted company with Portsmouth last month, will take charge at Queens Park Rangers should they sack manager Jim Magilton as expected.The Sun

The people in charge of Notts County have days to complete negotiations over a management buy-out otherwise director of football Sven-Goran Eriksson will leave the club.The Times

And Eriksson will need to find £500,000 of his own money if he wants to complete the buy-out. Daily Mail

David Gold and David Sullivan will make a bid for West Ham in the next 24 hours but no money will go to the current owners. The cash will instead be used for players and debt repayments in return for a 50% stake.The Independent

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has come under fire from Jurgen Klinsmann for the way he manages the club. The German, who was once lined up to take the top job at Anfield, says Liverpool lack pace, creativity, quality and consistency.The Sun

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... a-anderson

More bollox later ...
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's Jingle Bells Video B*ll*x

Postby Beeks » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:08 am

What's the odds that Bentley will be a City player in January

MH is quite partial to the guy
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 am

What are the odds you could crack a nut in the Wags ass cheeks.

Fluc me they bread em well in Arg.
Plus she is a naughty girl.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 am

.....and to think there was talk of cancelling/moving the WAG section
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Who do guys think was on the end of the hull rollicking then??? I didnt get to see the game but I'd say Ade? Robby didnt play against arsenal and was anonymous vs. chelsea so I wouldnt say it was him. Maybe Micah too?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Chinners » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Leslie on Bolton Video Bollox
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

More on the Ashton/SWP Bollox ...

Chelsea face compensation claim from Dean Ashton for Shaun Wright-Phillips challenge
Dean Ashton is considering suing Chelsea and Shaun Wright-Phillips following the challenge in August 2006 which, he will claim, has ended his football career.

The West Ham United striker has announced his retirement from football having failed to recover from the injury sustained during a training session while on England duty.

In an apparently ground-breaking case, Ashton is believed to be investigating whether both Wright-Phillips and his employers at the time, Chelsea, can be the subject of legal action. It may be argued that Chelsea face what is termed a vicarious liability even though the winger was on international duty. Such a case would undoubtedly be challenged by Chelsea, who would argue that they cannot be held responsible for something that happened while their former player - who is now at Manchester City - was with England and, therefore, under the care of the Football Association. They will, it can be expected, argue that it did not take place during the course of his employment by Chelsea.

At the same time West Ham are to launch a £7 million compensation claim against the FA, which covers the amount Ashton is understood to have been insured for and equates to the fee they initially paid to sign him from Norwich City in January that year. That, too, will undoubtedly be challenged.

Ashton himself, who is just 26, will also receive a pay-off from West Ham of about a year’s salary, thought to be £3 million.

Player-on-player claims are a complex area of the law with some insurers refusing to cover clubs for such eventualities. But all such previous cases appear only to have involved players taking part in matches for their clubs.

For example, only last week former Charlton Athletic midfielder Matty Holmes accepted £250,000 in damages following a tackle by Wolves defender Kevin Muscat in 1998.

The biggest award so far to cite the vicarious liability argument was the £909,000 received by Bradford City’s Gordon Watson, who had a leg broken in two places in a challenge by Huddersfield Town defender Kevin Gray in 1997.

The injury to Ashton happened at Manchester United’s training ground, Carrington, prior to a friendly against Greece when he was due to start for the first time. Indeed the striker had been earmarked by the then head coach, Steve McClaren, as a key figure in England’s plans to try to qualify for Euro 2008.

The decision for Ashton to retire had been trailed last month, but marks a personal tragedy for a striker whom England manager Fabio Capello had also hoped to include in his squad. The Italian had watched Ashton carefully, in the hope that he would recover, and he even managed to gain an international cap, featuring in the friendly away to Trinidad and Tobago.

However, it will be argued that although Ashton did make a comeback of sorts and played 35 games for West Ham, scoring 11 goals, he never recovered from the original injury.

It ruled him out for 11 months and he has now suffered such degenerative damage that he has no option but to retire from football even though he only signed a five-year contract last year. The key to the success of the expected claims by Ashton — and West Ham — is if they can prove that he never recovered from the ankle problem.

Ashton has not played a senior match in 15 months, after breaking down soon after Gianfranco Zola was appointed manager. Although he is physically fit, he cannot twist or turn or take any impact on the left ankle because the injury is chronic. It is believed he has even been warned he may end up not being able to walk properly unless he retires.

Discussions between Ashton and West Ham have been going on for some time while both parties have been examining the medical reports of the Dutch surgeon, Niek van Dyke, who originally operated on the player and has been fully involved in his attempts to regain fitness. Final tests have taken place in the last few weeks.

An added complication is that the FA beefed up its insurance cover after a dispute with Newcastle United following Michael Owen’s injury in the last World Cup but, it is believed, the Ashton claim will be dealt with by the previous company.

OFFICIAL BOLLOX
As in previous years, City will be holding a moment’s silence prior to the match with Stoke City on Boxing Day to remember people connected with the club who have passed away in the last 12 months.
This is the ninth year in succession the Blues have paid their respects in this way and we are now inviting fans to remember loved ones lost in 2009, by featuring their names in the Stoke match day programme.

If you would like to commemorate a colleague, relative or friend, simply email their full name – and yours – to mcfc@mcfc.co.uk. Please ensure you clearly state the person’s full name you wish to remember together with your own full name – no additional messages are required.

All requests will need to be received no later than Thursday, December 17th.
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Vhero » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:33 pm

I hope Chelsea get sued 7 million for Ashton just because I hate them no more reason. It's pocket change for them but it's still 7 million. I think its pathetic blaming the player for the injury that ended his career as it was obviously not meant to end his career as it happened in training. I really don't think he has a leg to stand on (DA) but he will probably give it a go.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Chinners wrote:More on the Ashton/SWP Bollox ...

Chelsea face compensation claim from Dean Ashton for Shaun Wright-Phillips challenge
Dean Ashton is considering suing Chelsea and Shaun Wright-Phillips following the challenge in August 2006 which, he will claim, has ended his football career.

The West Ham U***d striker has announced his retirement from football having failed to recover from the injury sustained during a training session while on England duty.

In an apparently ground-breaking case, Ashton is believed to be investigating whether both Wright-Phillips and his employers at the time, Chelsea, can be the subject of legal action. It may be argued that Chelsea face what is termed a vicarious liability even though the winger was on international duty. Such a case would undoubtedly be challenged by Chelsea, who would argue that they cannot be held responsible for something that happened while their former player - who is now at Manchester City - was with England and, therefore, under the care of the Football Association. They will, it can be expected, argue that it did not take place during the course of his employment by Chelsea.

At the same time West Ham are to launch a £7 million compensation claim against the FA, which covers the amount Ashton is understood to have been insured for and equates to the fee they initially paid to sign him from Norwich City in January that year. That, too, will undoubtedly be challenged.

Ashton himself, who is just 26, will also receive a pay-off from West Ham of about a year’s salary, thought to be £3 million.

Player-on-player claims are a complex area of the law with some insurers refusing to cover clubs for such eventualities. But all such previous cases appear only to have involved players taking part in matches for their clubs.

For example, only last week former Charlton Athletic midfielder Matty Holmes accepted £250,000 in damages following a tackle by Wolves defender Kevin Muscat in 1998.

The biggest award so far to cite the vicarious liability argument was the £909,000 received by Bradford City’s Gordon Watson, who had a leg broken in two places in a challenge by Huddersfield Town defender Kevin Gray in 1997.

The injury to Ashton happened at Manchester U***d’s training ground, Carrington, prior to a friendly against Greece when he was due to start for the first time. Indeed the striker had been earmarked by the then head coach, Steve McClaren, as a key figure in England’s plans to try to qualify for Euro 2008.

The decision for Ashton to retire had been trailed last month, but marks a personal tragedy for a striker whom England manager Fabio Capello had also hoped to include in his squad. The Italian had watched Ashton carefully, in the hope that he would recover, and he even managed to gain an international cap, featuring in the friendly away to Trinidad and Tobago.

However, it will be argued that although Ashton did make a comeback of sorts and played 35 games for West Ham, scoring 11 goals, he never recovered from the original injury.

It ruled him out for 11 months and he has now suffered such degenerative damage that he has no option but to retire from football even though he only signed a five-year contract last year. The key to the success of the expected claims by Ashton — and West Ham — is if they can prove that he never recovered from the ankle problem.

Ashton has not played a senior match in 15 months, after breaking down soon after Gianfranco Zola was appointed manager. Although he is physically fit, he cannot twist or turn or take any impact on the left ankle because the injury is chronic. It is believed he has even been warned he may end up not being able to walk properly unless he retires.

Discussions between Ashton and West Ham have been going on for some time while both parties have been examining the medical reports of the Dutch surgeon, Niek van Dyke, who originally operated on the player and has been fully involved in his attempts to regain fitness. Final tests have taken place in the last few weeks.

An added complication is that the FA beefed up its insurance cover after a dispute with Newcastle U***d following Michael Owen’s injury in the last World Cup but, it is believed, the Ashton claim will be dealt with by the previous company.

OFFICIAL BOLLOX
As in previous years, City will be holding a moment’s silence prior to the match with Stoke City on Boxing Day to remember people connected with the club who have passed away in the last 12 months.
This is the ninth year in succession the Blues have paid their respects in this way and we are now inviting fans to remember loved ones lost in 2009, by featuring their names in the Stoke match day programme.

If you would like to commemorate a colleague, relative or friend, simply email their full name – and yours – to mcfc@mcfc.co.uk. Please ensure you clearly state the person’s full name you wish to remember together with your own full name – no additional messages are required.

All requests will need to be received no later than Thursday, December 17th.

Strange, a new 5 year contract only last year (the maximum length possible) and an almost immediate breakdown. I'm sorry to see his career end this way but I'm really not sure if it's fair to blame SWP.

I recall there being some questions of his injury record before he ever went to West Ham (but I could be wrong)
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby irblinx » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Nick wrote: Robby didnt play against arsenal and was anonymous vs. chelsea

You know I've heard a few people say that and it doesn't make it any more right, we looked dangerous with Robby in the team as he had the creativity and the speed of thought/pass that we've been missing recently. He also did track back in the first half, he isn't very good at it but then if your tactics are reliant on Robby tracking back then you really haven't got a clue. He admittedly faded in the second half but that's hardly surprising considering his lay off
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Return to The Maine Football forum