Progress Report

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Progress Report

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:08 am

Just having a look at how far we have progressed since we became the Worlds Richest Club Image

Here are my findings;

Code: Select all
               Played   Won     Points   Position
2007/2008       14       9        29        3rd
2009/2010       14       6        25        6th

I would have hoped to see more progress to be honest. Hopefully the run of 7 draws was our bad patch and we will now kick on and start getting more points, and wins, on the board.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Progress Report

Postby john@staustell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:34 am

Welcome back KK. Incredibly loaded stats worthy of entry in the special thread above!

LOCKED!

:)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am

john@staustell wrote:Welcome back KK
Thanks! :o)
john@staustell wrote:Incredibly loaded stats
Not loaded at all! As Rafa would say, these are the facts!
john@staustell wrote:worthy of entry in the special thread above!
No idea what you are talking about. It is a comparrison between us being skint and us having mega-bucks.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 am

You look fat in blue :-)
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:20 am

Progress report with nothing but facts could also read as below.

Cup semis in my lifetime prior to this season -0.

Cup semis this season - 1.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:22 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Progress report with nothing but facts could also read as below.

Very true.

So, in conclusion we are improving in Cup competitions but not in the league.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:36 am

King Kev wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Progress report with nothing but facts could also read as below.

Very true.

So, in conclusion we are improving in Cup competitions but not in the league.

There isn't that much improving to be done on that start under Sven. Unfortunately those stats don't tell the story of the complete dog shit that was served up for the remaining 5/6 months of the season.

Let's see the comparison again in May.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:38 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Let's see the comparison again in May.
Yep that will be interesting.

As I said in the OP, hopefully the run of draws was our bad patch and we will see an improvement in the second half of the season.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:45 am

King Kev wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:Let's see the comparison again in May.
Yep that will be interesting.

As I said in the OP, hopefully the run of draws was our bad patch and we will see an improvement in the second half of the season.

Agreed mate. Here's hoping that was the rough patch, and even though there were 4 shit draws in there, there were 3 decent enough draws and we came back from losing positions plenty of times which is something we hadn't seen too much of in recent years.

If we do manage to start winning a few games on the spin now, then the fact that we drew seven rather than winning a couple, drawing one and losing 3 could have a big effect. If we can manage to get past the Spurs game without losing then we have a streak of very winnable games and all of a sudden we will be on a very long streak without losing which gives the players something to hang on to and breeds confidence thoughout the club.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Good to see you back mate. The thing about snap shots is that they don't tell the full picture. I 'Loved' the start to the Sven season, Top 4 for for the majority until the boys felt the cold. December came and went with only 1 win and dumped out of the League Cup. January saw us win a couple but once again, dumped out of another cup by the infamous stray balloon. Feb to May had to be one of the worst periods I'd seen for football bringing only 4 wins and an indefensible 8-1 battering at the hands of 'Mighty' 'Boro.

I know this is a progress report, but it doesn't tell the whole picture and the nature of games played.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Lee, come back properly mate. It's great to see you post but you look all strange in dark blue.

Thing is, I disagree with you on "the subject" most of the time but you are part of the fabric of the site, get back in green mate. WW's cleaning the shit from the streets initiative has worked pretty spectacularly well.....and mad props to everyone on here who has helped sanitise the site with Bob and return the content to something interesting and enjoyable but you need to get involved.

Hope that you will return and Merry fucking Christmas!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Blue2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Welcome back on board Lee, agree with your comments re money spent and less points. Hope you are right re bad patch as well. Just cant help thinking that our bad patch is yet to come though, maybe Jan when Ade and Toure are away.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:05 pm

ant london wrote:Lee, come back properly mate. It's great to see you post but you look all strange in dark blue.

Thing is, I disagree with you on "the subject" most of the time but you are part of the fabric of the site, get back in green mate. WW's cleaning the shit from the streets initiative has worked pretty spectacularly well.....and mad props to everyone on here who has helped sanitise the site with Bob and return the content to something interesting and enjoyable but you need to get involved.

Nice to have you back KK.Ant's right would you make yourself green again please surely you dont want to be like us riff raff.
By the nature of the thread seems the team (Team Taffia that is) is still not giving you much to be happy about.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
ant london wrote:Lee, come back properly mate. It's great to see you post but you look all strange in dark blue.

Nice to have you back KK.Ant's right would you make yourself green again please surely you dont want to be like us riff raff.
By the nature of the thread seems the team (Team Taffia that is) is still not giving you much to be happy about.

I'm green again now :o)

I'm not saying that I am unhappy with the results in the league so far, just that we have failed to make progress and I am looking for a big improvement.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:16 pm

King Kev wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

I'm green again now :o)

I'm not saying that I am unhappy with the results in the league so far, just that we have failed to make progress and I am looking for a big improvement.

HE,S BACK.

ABOUT TIME.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:47 pm

There's no arguing with stats, but stats never tell the whole story.

I don't think you really believe we haven't made much progress. The footballing world can see we have progressed greatly and are beginning to look like a team now, rather than a bunch of talented individuals.

But its great to have posters who back up claims with stats/facts, rather than morons who just want to shout about how we need to "GET RID NOW".....

The board is a better place for not having those tools... and for having you back I must say.
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:58 pm

...Just when you thought it was safe to post happy.....The King returns to the throne and tries to tax our smiles.

Well, yer miserable git...As we all know, stats can be used to prove almost anything. Please note my sig Mate. In both those previous seasons, WE WON THE LEAGUE...FINISHED TOP...WERE THE CHAMPIONS...and if you study them, you will note that we are on course compared to '68 and miles ahead compared to the 30s....Are you suffering from post holiday stress?...:-)

Oh! and by the way....WELCOME HOME...It's GREAT to have you back with us Lee...Luv n Hugs...and Wendy too.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:56 pm

john68 wrote:...Just when you thought it was safe to post happy.....The King returns to the throne and tries to tax our smiles.

Well, yer miserable git...As we all know, stats can be used to prove almost anything. Please note my sig Mate. In both those previous seasons, WE WON THE LEAGUE...FINISHED TOP...WERE THE CHAMPIONS...and if you study them, you will note that we are on course compared to '68 and miles ahead compared to the 30s....Are you suffering from post holiday stress?...:-)

Oh! and by the way....WELCOME HOME...It's GREAT to have you back with us Lee...Luv n Hugs...and Wendy too.

Think of my return as an early Xmas present mate ;o)

As for finishing champions, I strongly urge you to put your money where your mouth is if you truly believe this is going to happen. You can get 40/1 with Betfred.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:30 pm

King Kev wrote:
john68 wrote:...Just when you thought it was safe to post happy.....The King returns to the throne and tries to tax our smiles.

As for finishing champions, I strongly urge you to put your money where your mouth is if you truly believe this is going to happen. You can get 40/1 with Betfred.

Seeing us being 3-2 down against Bolton with only 10 men for the last 25 minute, I'm not really seeing any progress...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john68 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:24 pm

King Kev wrote:

The point being...you can prove anything with stats...we were buzzing in '68, you're miserable in '09...proves...yer a miserable git..hahahaha.
Noolie...2-3 down and only 10 men when you posted...3-3 with 10 men at the end ...progress!!!
Chelsea draw, Spurs lose, Villa away at the swamp and Arsenal at Anfield, no great damage has been done to our challenge. We may not be ripping up trees but neither are anyone else. We are still in the mix.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum