Leadership

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Leadership

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:44 pm

Now I know its not as easy to pick up on this watching on TV than watching live, and living abroad ive not been to a game yet this year, but ive noticed a real lack of a leadership in the team. It doesn't effect us too often because we have a team of exceptionally talented players who know what they're doing but when we need that extra driving force, that leader, winner and organiser, it isnt there. Take today, there didn't seem to be anyone urging the team on in the final 10 minutes to win the game. A winner and a leader pushing the team forward and directing things.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Leadership

Postby Twobob » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Exactly why they were trying so hard to get JT from Chelsea - I firmly believe that Toure and Lescott would have prob rotated to play alongside him and not together ... we can see why now I think.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Maine Man » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:04 pm

KOLO TOURE IS THE PROBLEM, HE HAS BEEN POOR FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE SEASON AND IS CAUSING OUR DEFENSIVE PROBLEMS. HIS DEFENSIVE INEPTNESS IS CAUSING LESCOTT TO BE BE ABLE TO PERFORM TO HIS BEST.

WE NEED A TOP CENTRE HALF, WHO IS AN ORGANISER AND A OUT AND OUT BALL WINNER TO PLAY ALONG SIDE LESCOTT.
I THINK WITH KOLO GOING TO AFRICAN NATIONS IN JAN IT IS THE IDEAL TIME TO PURCHASE A NEW CENTRE HALF AND REALLY PUSH ON FOR 4TH SPOT, IF NOT WE ARE VERY MUCH IN DANGER OF NOT GETTING A EUROPEAN PLACE WITH OUR CURRENT DEFENCE.
Maine Man
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Twobob wrote:Exactly why they were trying so hard to get JT from Chelsea - I firmly believe that Toure and Lescott would have prob rotated to play alongside him and not together ... we can see why now I think.

Agree. I think finding oursleves a Terry, Vidic type in Jan is a must if we're going to tighten up at the back.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby bluej » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Twobob wrote:Exactly why they were trying so hard to get JT from Chelsea - I firmly believe that Toure and Lescott would have prob rotated to play alongside him and not together ... we can see why now I think.

I agree.

Interestingly - when Lescott was playing well against Arsenal he seemed to be the more vocal one of the two.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Crossie » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Wasn't Toure know as being really shit until about 3 seasons ago when Wankger switched him to CB?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Return to The Maine Football forum