Hughes set for Transfer talks with Khaldoon al-Mubarak

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hughes set for Transfer talks with Khaldoon al-Mubarak

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Might be interesting times ahead in January. We need to be on the lookout for quality players in January and i think we need to bring in some hard working, Big talking player like bellamy e.g Puyol? Maybe also Ribery, Yaya.... there are a lot of possibilities with the money we have got but if we do want players but they are involved in the african cup of nations e.g Yaya then we will have to act quickly. What players do you want and why?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-city- ... rak-516311

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes is set for transfer talks with chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak.

The Times says Hughes will quietly spell out the need for more reinforcements and stronger personalities when he meets Khaldoon al-Mubarak, the club’s chairman, this weekend for discussions that will shape his future.

Hughes’s position as City manager is not under immediate threat, but, after a damaging sequence of one win in the past ten Barclays Premier League matches, a drastic improvement will be needed if he is to persuade al-Mubarak and Sheikh Mansour, the owner, to persevere with him next season rather than attempt to lure a more proven coach, such as José Mourinho or Guus Hiddink, to the City of Manchester Stadium.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Hughes set for Transfer talks with Khaldoon al-Mubarak

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:21 pm

I hope the conversation goes" we are transferring you to managing the pies" and Jose will be coming in to show you how the job should be done.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:48 pm

We can't seriously be considering throwing more money at the situation can we??

We have brought in 11 new players in 18 months, surely we now have the squad the management wants and it's time for them to get the best out of the current squad rather than adding to it yet further?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 pm

King Kev wrote:We can't seriously be considering throwing more money at the situation can we??

We have brought in 11 new players in 18 months, surely we now have the squad the management wants and it's time for them to get the best out of the current squad rather than adding to it yet further?

Why would you not want us to spend, if it makes us better?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
King Kev wrote:We can't seriously be considering throwing more money at the situation can we??

Because we have already spent a huge amount of money and it's time for the squad to gell and work together. If we keep introducing new players this will not happen.

January isn't a brilliant time to buy anyway. I would like to see the chairman say to the management team 'this is your squad, now let's see you use it before we add to it any more'.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 pm

King Kev wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

Because we have already spent a huge amount of money and it's time for the squad to gell and work together. If we keep introducing new players this will not happen.

January isn't a brilliant time to buy anyway. I would like to see the chairman say to the management team 'this is your squad, now let's see you use it before we add to it any more'.
This. If we keep buying players every window, even more so players not to strenghten the bench but to go into the starting eleven, the team will never gel. One, two buys in the summer to improve areas that need improvement, but not more, otherwise after every window we will need to start from scratch again. Unless there is an emergency Janaury should not see us buy a lot, and sure enough not for the starting eleven. We might look at one or two players to improve the quality of the bench (maybe a right winger is Hughes keeps not playing Weiss when SWP is out) but not another four players, FFS.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby john68 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:04 pm

No matter what stage of development any team is in, it is always necessary to look at strengthening the squad. I agree that as things stand, Hughes does not appear to be making the best of what he already has but that is not sufficient reason to bring future strengthening to a close.
I think the big deal about this present squad taking so long to gel, is that so many new players came together at a similar time. That should not preclude us from evolving our squad into a stronger unit if the right players are out there.
The only thing I would baulk at is if there were new wholesale changes, that would delay development. The odd top class player to fill a position where necessary should not hamper development.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:12 pm

john68 wrote:No matter what stage of development any team is in, it is always necessary to look at strengthening the squad. I agree that as things stand, Hughes does not appear to be making the best of what he already has but that is not sufficient reason to bring future strengthening to a close.
I think the big deal about this present squad taking so long to gel, is that so many new players came together at a similar time. That should not preclude us from evolving our squad into a stronger unit if the right players are out there.
The only thing I would baulk at is if there were new wholesale changes, that would delay development. The odd top class player to fill a position where necessary should not hamper development.

In the highly unlikely event that a top class player becomes available in January and he is better in his position than we already have then yes, we should sign him.

However, I would hate to see another Santa-Cruz or Lescott situation where we shamelessly go after a player who is not up for sale.

If we don't sign anybody in January that shouldn't hold us back.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goataldo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:21 pm

One or two would be useful, ok no, necessary, not useful.

Say what you like about HUghes, but I think when he buys players, he buys good players. Getting them to play well together is a tad more difficult, but I don;t think we should, or will go mental this window.

A top drawer left back would be nice to spice things up, and maybe, I dunno, Matthew Upson? We are without Lescott for a while and Kolo is probably buying shorts, shades and flipfops right now and musing over which is his favourite beach towel. Porous defence is the main gripe.

I was starting to be convinced that Richard Dunne was past his best before we sold him, and even though maybe the Villa move has really made him focus and step his game up, I miss him and I think the team does. It's a bit like seeing an ex-girlfriend down the pub that you regret not being with, when I see him playing (well) for Villa.

My affection for Dunne is of course, purely a football thing. The SLAG.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby john68 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm

KK,
it's a 1st mate
WE AGREE.....Should we get married to celebrate? Wendy wouldn't mind!....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Hughes has to keep buying more players so that he can keep saying the team needs time to gel when they keep not winning.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:39 pm

I think the gist of the conversation will be along the lines of 'Now Mark, if I give you this 100 million, can you promise me that we will actually win a game, and if we don't, are you willing to show the white flag?'.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind Hughes getting more money to spend on quality players because even if he duffs it, we will have more weaponry in the armoury for next season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Redna » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:28 pm

It all evolves 'round Robbie. He's not for real in the wet circumstances and was not Sparkys move. When things clear up We might see a true dawn. Not to mention the debacle in Copenhagen which might open up a freight terminal just north-west Altricham.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Socrates wrote:Hughes has to keep buying more players so that he can keep saying the team needs time to gel when they keep not winning.

Great to see you got a dig in there, well done.

We should buy one player: David Villa. Should Robbie disappear we should buy two.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:33 pm

King Kev wrote:
john68 wrote:No matter what stage of development any team is in, it is always necessary to look at strengthening the squad. I agree that as things stand, Hughes does not appear to be making the best of what he already has but that is not sufficient reason to bring future strengthening to a close.

In the highly unlikely event that a top class player becomes available in January and he is better in his position than we already have then yes, we should sign him.

However, I would hate to see another Santa-Cruz or Lescott situation where we shamelessly go after a player who is not up for sale.

we seem to be being linked with bentley a lot :0(
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 pm

King Kev wrote:

we seem to be being linked with bentley a lot :0(
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Redna » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 pm

It all evolves 'round Robbie. He's not for real in the wet circumstances and was not Sparkys move. When things clear up We might see a true dawn. Not to mention the debacle in Copenhagen which might open up a freight terminal just north-west Altricham.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Redna wrote:It all evolves 'round Robbie. He's not for real in the wet circumstances and was not Sparkys move. When things clear up We might see a true dawn. Not to mention the debacle in Copenhagen which might open up a freight terminal just north-west Altricham.
CTID!!
Wow! I didn't understand a word of that!!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:42 pm

It's worse than you think Lee, in the last 18 months we have signed 18 new players.

Jo, RSC, Tevez, Robinho, Bellamy, Adebayor, SWP, De Jong, Barry, Kompany, Ben-Haim, Zabaleta, Lescott, Toure, Bridge, Sylvinho, Given, Taylor.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mike J » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:55 pm

wouldnt let him spend another fucking penny.

its all well and good buying these top players but he has already proved hughes has already proved he doesnt know how to use them.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum