HUGHES FOR THE CHOP

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

HUGHES FOR THE CHOP

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:01 am

Add a comment (27)
MARK HUGHES is set to be axed this weekend - even if his Manchester City side beat Sunderland at Eastlands today.
Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and owner Sheikh Mansour finally lost faith following City's 3-0 drubbing at Tottenham on Wednesday.

Guus Hiddink and Jurgen Klinsmann are understood to be on City's wanted list of replacements for Sparky.

Russia coach Hiddink excelled as Chelsea's stand- in boss last season and his agent yesterday claimed there has already been contact from City.

But former Germany chief Klinsmann is also in the frame - especially as he is currently out of management.

Hughes, 46, was appointed as City boss in June 2008 and has spent £250million on the team. But the club's Abu Dhabi owners have not seen the return on their investment they were expecting.

I understand Hughes came close to getting the sack on November 28 after his team yet again surrendered a lead to draw at home to Hull.

Chairman Khaldoon left Eastlands furious but decided to give Sparky more time following a long phone conversation with him the next day.

It was the third successive time City had thrown away an advantage, having also drawn 2-2 with Fulham and 3-3 with Burnley.

Hughes appeared to have turned things round by reaching the Carling Cup semi-finals with a 3-0 win against Arsenal and following that with a 2-1 triumph over Chelsea.

But City then drew 3-3 at struggling Bolton and the hammering at White Hart Lane has now forced his bosses' hand.

City have lost just twice this season but are currently eighth in the Premier League after a run of eight draws.

The performances of some of the high-profile stars like Robinho and Emmanuel Adebayor have not helped Hughes.

But he has also spent big on a defence that has already shipped 24 goals in the league.

City defender PABLO ZABALETA has signed a new 4½-year deal with the club.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z0a7T6EeAA

so in one report, hughes is talking to our chairman about money for jan and in this ,hes bolloxed and going
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: HUGHES FOR THE CHOP

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:02 am

Did this need a new thread???
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Lionheart » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:32 am

Yawn.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:59 am

Not just in a comic, it's in the Guardian too
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ark-hughes

If a broadsheet and a tabloid both running stories that our manager is about to be dismissed aren't worthy of attention and discussion then what the fuck are?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:13 am

should this happen they better have someone topclass lined up, its obv not mourinho or hiddink if they do it now...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Leedsblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:17 am

Mention of Mancini as well. I want to see Mourinho myself.
What has Klinsman done and Hiddink is too old and too associated with Abramovich
Leedsblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:50 am

Socrates wrote:Not just in a comic, it's in the Guardian too
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ark-hughes

If a broadsheet and a tabloid both running stories that our manager is about to be dismissed aren't worthy of attention and discussion then what the fuck are?

Certainly does warrant deep and meaningful discussion...

But does it need yet another thread????

The Hughes thread was created because there was a spate of new threads on the same subject being spawned all the time - the trend seems to be going back that way
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:05 am

I can't believe that some people don't think the prospoect of our manager being sacked deserves a thread of it's own!!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ant london » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:08 am

Agreed....this is a unique opportunity to gain the insight of all our members as to the pros and cons of such a possibility
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:10 am

The sticky at the top of the forum is for people's opinions on hughes. This is a whole different story.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:14 am

King Kev wrote:The sticky at the top of the forum is for people's opinions on hughes. This is a whole different story.

not being funny.....enlighten me as to the unique slant this thread offers?

(and I am not actually disputing that the article carried in several papers deserves a thread of its own....I agree that it does....I'm just a bit mystified as to what angle on the debate you think this thread could offer? Potential new managers? Should Hughes be dismissed?Are we impatient as fans? Do the players support the manager? Is something going wrong?)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:21 am

ant london wrote:
King Kev wrote:The sticky at the top of the forum is for people's opinions on hughes. This is a whole different story.

not being funny.....enlighten me as to the unique slant this thread offers?

(and I am not actually disputing that the article carried in several papers deserves a thread of its own....I agree that it does....I'm just a bit mystified as to what angle on the debate you think this thread could offer? Potential new managers? Should Hughes be dismissed?Are we impatient as fans? Do the players support the manager? Is something going wrong?)
I really don't know how else to explain it other than how I already have but I will try;

One thread is for people to post their opinions on hughes
The other thread (this one) is reporting that several news sources are reporting that he will be sacked.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:35 am

No problems with a new thread if this is true, but the problem I have is that we've got a match to play today which has now become a circus. How the hell can the the club get on with a game in such circumstances.

If true, and I'm not saying it is, then I would expect all the lads out there today to put in maximum effort in a show of allegiance to the Manager. However, I do wonder if this is another attack on us carried forward from the Hiddink agent conversation. Even worse, who is Hiddink, and therefore his agent, linked with; Abramovich!?!

I would also hope that Garry Cook has had 'The Bottle' to have spoken to Mark Hughes and explain the exact circumstances he is playing under, and not leave him and the team hanging out!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:43 am

One thing I have learnt from Khaldoon is we will know what is going to happen when HE wants us to know and not before and usually after it has happened.

I am sure Hiddink is getting himself in the shop window via his agent, honestly if he was SO interested in staying with Russia how come he hasn't already signed the offered 2 year extension on the table at the moment? Klinsmann? Where the fuck did that come from? Almost like it was put in there to give the story weight without substance.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:26 am

Mancini won't thrive in Manchester. He's gonna be the managerial version of Roly White (remember him?). They just don't satisfy with the odd Zizzy's and other italian foodchains. Maybe in Ancoats for the icecream man to be an unsang hero.
CTID!!
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Klinsmann? Sorry, but that immediately turns the article to shit.

They may well be running out of patience... I'm sure we'll know soon enough for definite and it won't be a rag or a "broadsheet" that tells us.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm sorry?

I've got the Guardian sports article in front of me and I think you'll find it says 'could' be forced out

In other words...speculation
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Bluez » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:31 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm sorry?

I've got the Guardian sports article in front of me and I think you'll find it says 'could' be forced out

In other words...speculation

Sun speculation = 100% bollocks,
Guardian means it is a bit more worthy of its own thread.

If we got Mourino in I would not be too disappointed, if they brought in Klinsmann I would be gutted. He is a massively overated manager and would probably do worse than Hughes. Change can be good but only if someone better comes in.,
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:53 pm

I always look for direct quotes from someone of importance when it comes to newspaper articles.

How easy is it to work for a newspaper. X team have had a bad run, manager X is in the firing line. Manager X is in line to replace him.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Bluez » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:04 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:I always look for direct quotes from someone of importance when it comes to newspaper articles.

How easy is it to work for a newspaper. X team have had a bad run, manager X is in the firing line. Manager X is in line to replace him.

You missed the part about having a pint in the hand because they are down the pub
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum