HUGHES FOR THE CHOP

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: HUGHES FOR THE CHOP

Postby citytilidie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:10 pm

i feel gutted for hughes, should have been given the whole season.
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby halnone » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Hughes should be given the whole season
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Apparently its official he has been sacked.
Good riddence.
Well done Sheikh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby citytilidie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12 pm

we are 4 points behind spurs (4th) with a game in hand!?!?! hardly disasterous is it
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Goodbye Les! Loved out UEFA run last season. All the best.

LM XX
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beeks » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Toure had to tell the players Hughes was sacked...called him out of the dressing room apparently
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Socrates wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I hope it isnt Mancini. Otherwise, enjoy today lads and say goodbye attacking free flowing exciting football, hello, boring tactical Italian dross. I really hope all this isn't true.

Yeah, this shelling three goals a game and winning 1/10 is fucking different class, isn't it?

Grass is always greener hey? I enjoy watching exciting football. Italian football is dull as fuck. FACT!!
The same boring moaners on here will soon be moaning about some other bullshit after a few weeks. I can see the threads now:

ARE CITY TOO NEGATIVE?

DO YOU MISS THE HUGHES FREE FLOWING FOOTBALL?

WE"RE BORING

WHY ARE WE PLAYING 5-4-1

MANCINI OUT

Read the article above, Mancini does not favour boring Italian-style football. End of story.

Well looks like we may soon see whos right on this doesn't it?
I get my opinion from watching football, not reading articles on the internet or looking at Wikipedia stats. He may have been attacking in Italian terms but by no means does Mancini play attacking football. He brought in foreigners? Big deal. He is still an Italian manager. First priority is to not concede. They won titles on not letting in many goals. Hughes is trying to emulate the type of football Barcelona play. I'd take that over Mancini's football any day of the week.
Would you consider Morinho an attack minded manager? He's playing Eto, Milito and Snjeder in the starting 11 at Inter. Thats attacking in Italian terms but Morinho as we know from watching his Chelsea team in the Prem is by no means an attack minded manager.

And he was shit in the Champions League.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:18 pm

SSN are reporting that Toure was taken from the dressing room at half-time and told hughes was going. He was also told to relay the information to the other players.

If this is true it is a piss-poor way of going about things.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Just been on SSN that Kolo was brought out of the dressing room, informed of the decision then told to go back and tell all the players!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Not happy with how this has happened and definately not happy if the Mancini link is confirmed.

Ah well, same old, same old. Take it up the gritter and carry on regardless!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I hope it isnt Mancini. Otherwise, enjoy today lads and say goodbye attacking free flowing exciting football, hello, boring tactical Italian dross. I really hope all this isn't true.

Yeah, this shelling three goals a game and winning 1/10 is fucking different class, isn't it?

Grass is always greener hey? I enjoy watching exciting football. Italian football is dull as fuck. FACT!!
The same boring moaners on here will soon be moaning about some other bullshit after a few weeks. I can see the threads now:

ARE CITY TOO NEGATIVE?

DO YOU MISS THE HUGHES FREE FLOWING FOOTBALL?

WE"RE BORING

WHY ARE WE PLAYING 5-4-1

MANCINI OUT

Read the article above, Mancini does not favour boring Italian-style football. End of story.

Well looks like we may soon see whos right on this doesn't it?
I get my opinion from watching football, not reading articles on the internet or looking at Wikipedia stats. He may have been attacking in Italian terms but by no means does Mancini play attacking football. He brought in foreigners? Big deal. He is still an Italian manager. First priority is to not concede. They won titles on not letting in many goals. Hughes is trying to emulate the type of football Barcelona play. I'd take that over Mancini's football any day of the week.
Would you consider Morinho an attack minded manager? He's playing Eto, Milito and Snjeder in the starting 11 at Inter. Thats attacking in Italian terms but Morinho as we know from watching his Chelsea team in the Prem is by no means an attack minded manager.

And he was shit in the Champions League.

I think you will find that they won titles by scoring mpre than 2 goals a game on average... PS I watch football too but like to back up my arguments with concrete facts not just ridiculous stereotypes based on nationality.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:24 pm

King Kev wrote:SSN are reporting that Toure was taken from the dressing room at half-time and told hughes was going. He was also told to relay the information to the other players.

I find that really really hard to believe, what would be the point. We had a game to win and surely if the players were told that there minds would quite rightly be elsewhere.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:50 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:SSN are reporting that Toure was taken from the dressing room at half-time and told hughes was going. He was also told to relay the information to the other players.

I find that really really hard to believe, what would be the point. We had a game to win and surely if the players were told that there minds would quite rightly be elsewhere.

The players clearly knew at the end of game what was going on. you could see it on their faces. They looked dejected at the final whistle.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum