Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Postby irblinx » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:inter won their 1st title when juve were stripped of it. the 2nd one juve and ac were punished.

Might they have won earlier had Juve and AC not been cheating for all those years I wonder?

Even with Juve and AC removed you still have to beat the opposition in front of you, something that Hughes has not managed. The board were patient and certainly backed the manager that they inherited handsomely in the transfer market but ultimately proved once again that they intend to instil very high standards at the club we all love and I for one think that is a good thing
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:03 pm

irblinx wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:inter won their 1st title when juve were stripped of it. the 2nd one juve and ac were punished.

Might they have won earlier had Juve and AC not been cheating for all those years I wonder?

Even with Juve and AC removed you still have to beat the opposition in front of you, something that Hughes has not managed. The board were patient and certainly backed the manager that they inherited handsomely in the transfer market but ultimately proved once again that they intend to instil very high standards at the club we all love and I for one think that is a good thing

i do hope that mancini is a success here but the clubs statement that his record speaks for itself is a load of shite, inter failed miserably in europe and this is where top class managers should be judged along with their domestic success in their own league.

by the way i totally agree with what andy hinchcliffe was saying on SSN. he does'nt think hughes would have been here for 5-10 years but hughes was bringing the club forward
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
david yearsley wrote:
by getting rid of hughes and the way it was done was completely wrong and if mancini does'nt work out (although i hope he does) what manager is going to want to work for the sheik.

this worries me a little as does Mancinis style of football - why didn´t they go all out for Hodgson? SCUTTLED THE SCUM TODAY GOOD AND PROPER!!

Mancini's style of football worries you and you'd prefer Hodgson. He is good manager but bored me to fucking death when he was managing Finland.

I would imagine watching finland would be trying at the best of times,
While we are talking of lack of class.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby david yearsley » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:32 pm

viking the Odd wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
david yearsley wrote:
by getting rid of hughes and the way it was done was completely wrong and if mancini does'nt work out (although i hope he does) what manager is going to want to work for the sheik.

this worries me a little as does Mancinis style of football - why didn´t they go all out for Hodgson? SCUTTLED THE SCUM TODAY GOOD AND PROPER!!

Mancini's style of football worries you and you'd prefer Hodgson. He is good manager but bored me to fucking death when he was managing Finland.

I would imagine watching finland would be trying at the best of times,
While we are talking of lack of class.

Wouldn´t call Fulham boring - tactically astute , boring no - ho hum , it´s done now so "ciao Roberto benvingutti a Manchester!"
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Crossie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Its a shame it didnt work out with Hughes etc, they were bringing the behind the scenes things into the 21st century, after decades in the darkness. Diet planning, charts all over the place about effort etc, it all sounded exactly what we needed and i couldnt beleive we hadnt already been doing it all before hand.

I use to be happy with most of the first 11s he put out, but they just werent performing for him, or what it his tactics or formation? He had all last season to get the away for sorted, especially after Jan when he added well.

Probably a mixture of all of the above things. It didnt work, it might have in 2 or 3 more seasons if given time, but maybe we cant wait that long.

Mancini, I must admit, im not all that excited. He has managed 2 clubs, and although won some trophies, like mentioned before, he did it during very easy to do it seasons. I presume his England is up to scratch.

HE BETTER NOT BEING AND FUCKING ITALIAN STRIKERS HERE!!!!!! (except Boji back - although he isnt Italian you know what I mean)

Right now, i feel 50/50 about if we have made the right descision, im happy Hughes has gone because it wasnt working, but I cant help thinking if we'd waited until summer, we might have turned it round, and we might have been able to go for Mourinho or Hiddink, who are both more proven, and more proven in the premier league.

Its a big gamble, and one I dont think we had to take just yet, but im not in charge, so ill get right behind Mancini and his coaches from day 1, and hope atleast the players pull themselves together, and we get some decent tactics and formation going.

By the way, this has obviously been planned for a couple of weeks, its not like we sacked Hughes and then started a search, I reckon the Hull game put the writing on the wall, and things started moving behind the scenes, the Arse and chelsea match probably bided him another week, but the manner of the Spurs game , and the rumours about what happened after it were the end of the line for the Taffia
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby wyted » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:46 pm

wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Mancini has managed THREE clubs mate, won trophies with all 3.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Crossie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Yes but as stated, at Inter, he had easily the best team in the league because the other 2 big boys were being punished. Inter walked it, because there were no serious challengers.

Ill agree the guy has promise, in Italy, but its almost like a different game in England.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Crossie wrote:Yes but as stated, at Inter, he had easily the best team in the league because the other 2 big boys were being punished. Inter walked it, because there were no serious challengers.

Ill agree the guy has promise, in Italy, but its almost like a different game in England.

but his sides scored freely in spite of playing against Italian defences! I think he could well prove suited to the English game.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Mancini has landed in Manchester - SSN
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:11 pm

In the aftermath of todays decline of man against man we will truly see a new dawn.False or true? I hope for the latter.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:53 pm

A bit about Mancini

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Mancini

ACF Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
S.S. Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
F.C. Internazionale Milano
Serie A: 2005-06; 2006-07; 2007-08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05; 2005–06

Coaching career
Fiorentina
After retiring as a player, Mancini coached Fiorentina (2001). He managed to win the Coppa Italia on his first occasion as manager. During his tenure with Fiorentina, Mancini was occasionally willing to come out and play for the team due to the club having financial problems with its players.

Lazio
Mancini was appointed manager of Lazio in 2002 and was successful by winning the Coppa Italia in 2004 for the 2nd time in his managerial career, having previously Won the trophy in 2001 with Fiorentina.

In 2004, rumours circulated that Inter Milan approached him regarding the vacant managerial role and shortly after, he announced he would be joining the nerazzurri.

Inter
With Inter, he won two Coppa Italia (2005 and 2006), two Supercoppa Italiana (2005 and 2006) and three Scudetti (2005–06, 2006–07 and 2007-08), becoming the most successful Inter coach of the last 30 years. However, Mancini failed to replicate his domestic successes with Inter at the European level, as he never managed to win the UEFA Champions League during his time as nerazzurri boss. The first championship was handed to Inter following the Calciopoli scandal, that saw Juventus stripped of the title and relegated to Serie B.

On March 11, 2008, Mancini announced his intention to stand down at the end of the 2007-08 season after his side were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League after a 3-0 aggregate loss to Liverpool in the Second Round. Mancini rescinded this decision on March 12 after meeting with Inter president Massimo Moratti. On May 29, 2008, Inter officially announced the sacking Mancini, following an encounter with club chairman Massimo Moratti, justifying the move by pointing to Mancini's negative comments made immediately after the Liverpool defeat.[4] He was replaced by José Mourinho.[5
Blueboylewis

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby JonnyAsh » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:54 pm

I know this may be a stupid question, but how is Mancini's English ? Or is he someone that needs an translator ?
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 am

JonnyAsh wrote:I know this may be a stupid question, but how is Mancini's English ? Or is he someone that needs an translator ?

Well he played for Leicester City back in 2001 and i'm pretty sure he spoke decent English then so i'd imangine it must of improved it that time frame.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 am

JonnyAsh wrote:I know this may be a stupid question, but how is Mancini's English ? Or is he someone that needs an translator ?

Apparently he knows perfect English... being living in london too... apparently.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:09 am

all these stat men amaze me, and they will hammer google soon.

They state that mancicni was in financial difficulty blah blah, yet his record with fiorentina when he won the cup was Played 27 WON 6 Drew 5 and LOST 16!

no doubt he was remarkable for keeping them upbeat for the final as they were fucking shocking in the league!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dronny » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:19 am

Wonderwall wrote:all these stat men amaze me, and they will hammer google soon.

They state that mancicni was in financial difficulty blah blah, yet his record with fiorentina when he won the cup was Played 27 WON 6 Drew 5 and LOST 16!

no doubt he was remarkable for keeping them upbeat for the final as they were fucking shocking in the league!

Don't let Socrates see those facts cos he'll tell you different, I hope Socs doesn't become a Mancini licker
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:19 am

your silliest post yet, you've lost it - did you really love the unsuccessful Welshman that much? it's sad.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dronny » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:23 am

Socrates wrote:

your silliest post yet, you've lost it - did you really love the unsuccessful Welshman that much? it's sad.

Sorry mate, can't face facts??? I thought you loved 'em?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am

Dronny wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Sorry mate, can't face facts??? I thought you loved 'em?

We could dig up Leslie's stats at Wales to compare maybe? Mancini stepped in to help a bankrupt club, before he even had his coaching badges, and people will use the stats from that against him. Quite unbelievable.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum