Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Postby Dronny » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:30 am

Socrates wrote:
Dronny wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:all these stat men amaze me, and they will hammer google soon.

They state that mancicni was in financial difficulty blah blah, yet his record with fiorentina when he won the cup was Played 27 WON 6 Drew 5 and LOST 16!

no doubt he was remarkable for keeping them upbeat for the final as they were fucking shocking in the league!

your silliest post yet, you've lost it - did you really love the unsuccessful Welshman that much? it's sad.

Sorry mate, can't face facts??? I thought you loved 'em?

We could dig up Leslie's stats at Wales to compare maybe? Mancini stepped in to help a bankrupt club, before he even had his coaching badges, and people will use the stats from that against him. Quite unbelievable.

Sorry,I thought we were dealing in facts here????
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 am

dronny its pointless, he has years of going around in circles and he doesnt have a clue! Although he is always right no matter what, even when proved wrong.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:43 am

Dronny wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Dronny wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:all these stat men amaze me, and they will hammer google soon.

They state that mancicni was in financial difficulty blah blah, yet his record with fiorentina when he won the cup was Played 27 WON 6 Drew 5 and LOST 16!

no doubt he was remarkable for keeping them upbeat for the final as they were fucking shocking in the league!

your silliest post yet, you've lost it - did you really love the unsuccessful Welshman that much? it's sad.

Sorry mate, can't face facts??? I thought you loved 'em?

We could dig up Leslie's stats at Wales to compare maybe? Mancini stepped in to help a bankrupt club, before he even had his coaching badges, and people will use the stats from that against him. Quite unbelievable.

Sorry,I thought we were dealing in facts here????

I just gave you some facts, facts that explain the stats. Same as the lack of choice of players would explain Leslie's crap stats at Wales.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby JonnyAsh » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:04 am

To answer my own earlier question, it seems he doesn't speak English, which I am sure he will in time, but it's always a bit of pain when you are trying to find exactly how people think.

Moreover, despite reports that Mancini has recently been taking English lessons, Chelsea and Sunderland were previously concerned about his inability to speak the language when he made brief appearances on their managerial shortlists. The former Italy striker has experience of English football as a player, from a brief spell on loan at then Premier League Leicester City in 2001. Guardian Online 20/12
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:18 am

Curlie wrote:Can someone tell me a little about the new manager.
Yes I know he has won the Italian league 3 times but what is his management style? How does he like his teams in general to play? How does he set up at home and away? Did he inherit a good squad at Inter? What is is record like in the transfer market? What about his man management? and anything else you can tell me.

He inherited a good squad at Inter, and made it even better thanks to Calciopoli which allowed him to Buy Vieira and Ibrahimovic from the relegated Juventus, and thanks to Moratti's constant spending on the market. He will go for the best players out there as he always did with Inter. If I'm not mistaken he's a great Tevez lover, and he used to play with a diamond 4-4-2 at Inter if my memory doesn't trick me. Their defensive line was tight, but I'm not sure how much of that was Mancini's job considering the players they had. His playing style was rather attacking, I think. Man management was rather good considering the big players he had to deal with, and he didn't fear launching a youngster like Balotelli either so that might be good for Weiss.

A couple of names he might go for from Inter are Stankovic and Cambiasso, both had great relationships with him so he might try to convince one of them to join him at City.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:24 am

Beggars belief that, if he wanted to work in England, the guy has not spent his last 18 months or unemployment actually learning to speak the fucking language????!??

Surely this cannot be true?

Anyway, couple of questions for our Roman friend:

What is Roberto's track record like with regards to youth development? Was he known for bringing through any youngsters?

Do you think he would embrace and try to get the best from the likes of Robinho and Adebayor or jettison them and start again with new players? The fact that he managed people like Figo and Adriano I would suspect that he has a flair for managing the more mercurial of talents.

Which of the current squad would you imagine are "Mancini-type players"?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:02 am

ant london wrote:Anyway, couple of questions for our Roman friend:

What is Roberto's track record like with regards to youth development? Was he known for bringing through any youngsters?

Do you think he would embrace and try to get the best from the likes of Robinho and Adebayor or jettison them and start again with new players? The fact that he managed people like Figo and Adriano I would suspect that he has a flair for managing the more mercurial of talents.

Which of the current squad would you imagine are "Mancini-type players"?

As I said, at Inter he had no qualms about bringing through a couple youngsters like Balotelli and Andreolli (who is now at Roma) and bringing into the squad Santon who was then brought through by Mourinho last season. Especially Balotelli was an act of courage considering the many options Inter had up front, and yet he gave the young lad pitch time and also responsibility making him the corner and free kick taker when he was on the pitch. So I'd say if he sees a good prospect in the youth team, he will give him time on the pitch (Weiss anyone?). I don't remember any youngsters he brought through at Fiorentina or Lazio but neither did the managers after him at those clubs so maybe it was just that those clubs had no real talent in their youth teams when he was there.

He will be able to manage the big names, that's one of the few things I'm sure about. He has dealt for three years with players like Figo, Ibrahimovic, the Argentina captain Javier Zanetti, Brazil regulars like Maicon and Julio Cesar, not to mention players of the level of Cambiasso, Stankovic, Vieira, all players with strong personalities and egos. Adriano was, admittedly, his only flop as he couldn't stop the Brazilian from going partying and drinking, but maybe that's more related to Adriano's desire to go back to Brazil as Mourinho had no better results with him, if anything things got worse with Jose.

If I'm not mistaken he had a real love for Tevez when he was at Inter, more than once the Argentinian was rumoured to be a transfer target for them. He loved Ibrahimovic's creativity so I guess Robinho and Ireland could be amongst his type of players, but he of course appreciates talented hardworkers like Bellamy. He liked to play with attacking full backs, so Bridge could be ok, Richards likes to go forward but as we know he's no Maicon when attacking so Mancini might search a different option there, but he might also judge that he can make Micah improve and work with him, we will have to see on that. Barry and De Jong should be the kind of players he needs to complete his midfield.

I predict we may have this line up, or something similar:

Given

Richards Tourè Lescott Bridge

De Jong

Ireland/SWP Barry

Tevez/Ireland

Adebayor Robinho/Bellamy

if he plays with a diamond 442, or this one if we go to a flat 442:

Given

Richards Tourè Lescott Bridge

SWP De Jong/Barry Ireland Bellamy

Adebayor Tevez/Robinho

but imho the first option is more probable from what I remember of his Inter.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Lacky » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:34 am

I think it'll be this Vs Stoke.

[center]Given
Zabs/Richards...Toure...Neds...Sylvinho
..SWP....Barry...Ireland...Robinho..
........Ade.......Tevez[/center]
Lacky
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:40 am

interesting insight CFFR.....cheers for that
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby thegoatfeeder » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 am

Lacky wrote:I think it'll be this Vs Stoke.

[center]Given
Zabs/Richards...Toure...Neds...Sylvinho
..SWP....Barry...Ireland...Robinho..
........Ade.......Tevez[/center]

This would be a fucking joke, and the reason that i'm not so comfortable with this move. I like Hughes but didn't think he was the man for the job long term, but if we bring someone in, and they drop Bellamy and RSC after they performed yesterday in favour of 'bigger names' I will not be happy.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby irblinx » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 am

Good perspective there CFFR, thanks. Can you shed any light on his mastery of English? Pretty much everyone yesterday reckoned he already spoke it perfectly and yet now we see reports to the contrary.

Is he as rigid in his use of substitutions as Hughes was? (i.e. never before 65 mins, injuries excepted, and mostly without changing tactics)
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:53 pm

irblinx wrote:Good perspective there CFFR, thanks. Can you shed any light on his mastery of English? Pretty much everyone yesterday reckoned he already spoke it perfectly and yet now we see reports to the contrary.

Is he as rigid in his use of substitutions as Hughes was? (i.e. never before 65 mins, injuries excepted, and mostly without changing tactics)

I have no idea of how well he knows English but he's been saying he wanted to get a job in the Prem since he left Inter, and even when he was still there, so if he wanted to get a job in England and hasn't been studying English in these months without a job, he's an idiot.

As for his use of subs, if my memory doesn't fail me he wasn't that rigid, and he tried changing tactics when the plan wasn't working, but I didn't watch Inter that often to really know.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Welcome Bob.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Mase wrote:Welcome Bob.

You drunk pal?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:25 pm

after winning at Inter this could be a sneaky-good appointment. still might favor Pep though
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus