Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:still need to be convinced by mancini, hopefully he will prove me wrong.

if we had changed for a top class proven manager then ok, but we have acted to quickly in this case i think.

why 45 year old manager who has his winning pedigree isn't 'proven' yet many of the same people thought Hughes was good for us when he had no winning pedigree whatsoever?

Weird.

if we had waited until boxing day we could have had benitez ;-)

Benitez who won the Champions League with an English club, what a failure he is compared to Hughes...

you would like benitez, now I am not surprised at all. You are a very intelligent man Jon, however, I notice that most intelligent people have fuclall in the common sense department.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:59 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:still need to be convinced by mancini, hopefully he will prove me wrong.

if we had changed for a top class proven manager then ok, but we have acted to quickly in this case i think.

why 45 year old manager who has his winning pedigree isn't 'proven' yet many of the same people thought Hughes was good for us when he had no winning pedigree whatsoever?

Weird.

inter won their 1st title when juve were stripped of it. the 2nd one juve and ac were punished.

by getting rid of hughes and the way it was done was completely wrong and if mancini does'nt work out (although i hope he does) what manager is going to want to work for the sheik.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Weird.

if we had waited until boxing day we could have had benitez ;-)

Benitez who won the Champions League with an English club, what a failure he is compared to Hughes...

you would like benitez, now I am not surprised at all. You are a very intelligent man Jon, however, I notice that most intelligent people have fuclall in the common sense department.

No I wanted Mancini. Just pointing out that you are rating a trophy-less manager more highly than someone who has had major success and it's bonkers. Here'sa simple equation foryou Benitez > Hughes > Jewell
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Socrates wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:

Weird.

It's the timing. We've suffered an indignity here - the resaon needs to be seen to be worth it. It's not obvious that he is.

How can you not see eleven points in ten games as being an indignity though mate?

Ignoring the scale of those indignities....
Having seen the vast majority of those games, I'd say largely because we feel so close... we've never scored this many goals, this consistently (or anywhere near) in the Premiership.
He saw his arse getting rid of Dunne - no question - but we're a good defence (first and second ball into the box - cutting out crosses - setpieces) away from being the best City side of my lifetime - if we aren't already (we probably are).
And now the board look like... well what do they look like? what do we look like?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Not another unproven manager, jez, one day they will get it right, but Mancinni, what has he done so special, Crazy apponitment, yes Hughes was struggling, but this guy, he has NO EXPPERIENCE of the EPL, surely the brainless idiots could find someone better.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby citytilidie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:03 pm

What formations does RM like? What line up could we expect / formation ??
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Socrates wrote:

Weird.

It's the timing. We've suffered an indignity here - the resaon needs to be seen to be worth it. It's not obvious that he is.

How can you not see eleven points in ten games as being an indignity though mate?

Ignoring the scale of those indignities....
Having seen the vast majority of those games, I'd say largely because we feel so close... we've never scored this many goals, this consistently (or anywhere near) in the Premiership.
He saw his arse getting rid of Dunne - no question - but we're a good defence (first and second ball into the box - cutting out crosses - setpieces) away from being the best City side of my lifetime - if we aren't already (we probably are).
And now the board look like... well what do they look like? what do we look like?

They look like a board that have exercised their right to appoint their own choice of manager having taken the time to have a good look at the incumbent and given him enormous backing.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:you would like benitez, now I am not surprised at all. You are a very intelligent man Jon, however, I notice that most intelligent people have fuclall in the common sense department.

No I wanted Mancini. Just pointing out that you are rating a trophy-less manager more highly than someone who has had major success and it's bonkers. Here'sa simple equation foryou Benitez > Hughes > Jewell

Who said I rated Hughes more than benitez? I said I am not surprised that YOU would have wanted benitez. I know MANY liverpool fans that wish we would have him too.

You got your wish and I hope you are right.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:you would like benitez, now I am not surprised at all. You are a very intelligent man Jon, however, I notice that most intelligent people have fuclall in the common sense department.

Who said I rated Hughes more than benitez? I said I am not surprised that YOU would have wanted benitez. I know MANY liverpool fans that wish we would have him too.

You got your wish and I hope you are right.

No I wouldn't have wanted Benitez, just pointing out that he is at least a success as a manager at the top level.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm

citytilidie wrote:What formations does RM like? What line up could we expect / formation ??

Play boring football, wait for the opposition to fall asleep, then take advantage, no fight. typical eye-thai. rat eating boring shits.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Weird.

well, to be fair like I said on another thread I was suprised about the timing as well considering League Cup Semis coming up.

But I do think that this is the best thing for the club and the aims of the owner in long term. Still, you can do things like these stylishly as well. Cook has never striked me as stylish man though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Weird.

well, to be fair like I said on another thread I was suprised about the timing as well considering League Cup Semis coming up.

But I do think that this is the best thing for the club and the aims of the owner in long term. Still, you can do things like these stylishly as well. Cook has never striked me as stylish man though.

Cook helped sign Hughes' death warrant - and lost all of my respect - when he forced out Dunne. Huge moment.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:13 pm

viking the Odd wrote:
citytilidie wrote:What formations does RM like? What line up could we expect / formation ??

Play boring football, wait for the opposition to fall asleep, then take advantage, no fight. typical eye-thai. rat eating boring shits.

talk about lack of class.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Weird.

Cook has obviously been behind this bollocks, just like the Kaka farce this has been terribly handled and the club will be ripped to shit by the media again as a result.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:20 pm

viking the Odd wrote:

talk about lack of class.

Millsy in disguise mate...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby david yearsley » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:20 pm

by getting rid of hughes and the way it was done was completely wrong and if mancini does'nt work out (although i hope he does) what manager is going to want to work for the sheik.

this worries me a little as does Mancinis style of football - why didn´t they go all out for Hodgson? SCUTTLED THE SCUM TODAY GOOD AND PROPER!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:32 pm

viking the Odd wrote:Not another unproven manager, jez, one day they will get it right, but Mancinni, what has he done so special, Crazy apponitment, yes Hughes was struggling, but this guy, he has NO EXPPERIENCE of the EPL, surely the brainless idiots could find someone better.

What experience did Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Benitez or Moyes have of top flight English football before their appointments? Absolutely none and most would agree that they have all been succesfull to some extent.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:36 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
viking the Odd wrote:Not another unproven manager, jez, one day they will get it right, but Mancinni, what has he done so special, Crazy apponitment, yes Hughes was struggling, but this guy, he has NO EXPPERIENCE of the EPL, surely the brainless idiots could find someone better.

What experience did Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Benitez or Moyes have of top flight English football before their appointments? Absolutely none and most would agree that they have all been succesfull to some extent.

mourhino won the champs league and uefa cup with porto.

ferguson was given 4 years to get the team settled.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:38 pm

When did Porto play in the English Premier League? Dumwit
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:48 pm

david yearsley wrote:

this worries me a little as does Mancinis style of football - why didn´t they go all out for Hodgson? SCUTTLED THE SCUM TODAY GOOD AND PROPER!!

Mancini's style of football worries you and you'd prefer Hodgson. He is good manager but bored me to fucking death when he was managing Finland.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum