Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
bobadji wrote:Brian Kidd will be an excellent appointment. Mark my words.

I agree that we need someone who has a clue about the premiership,

But isn't he a "rag"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

But isn't he a "rag"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Socrates wrote:I was a full timer when you were still in nappies sunshine and would LOVE to go to more games and can't wait until my health is good enough to start going more regularly. Now toddle off and come back when your balls drop. Thanks.

I'm 24. You'd kill to have my balls.
And you're a part timer - have been for years mate - while i've been full time since 1996. live in London and still am.
let's face facts: I'll be there to welcome Mancini just as I was there to say goodbye to Hughes - 2 things you'd love to say.
Also, as emotive as your health may seem - if you can make it to Thailand, surely you can make it to Eastlands?

Flying to Thailand does not produce massive adrenalyn surges that drive my blood sugar to dangerously high levels and make me ill for weeks after I go. Going to City does. So take your prejudices and shove them up your arse.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

That depends on many factors my friend,maybe he isnt rag enough??

Dancing around on the Swamp after canning another trophy makes him rag to me.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby frannylee » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:39 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

An ex-rag who saw the light and spent three years at City :-)
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby bobadji » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Most importantly, WHERE THE FUCK DOES THIS LEAVE DOUG?
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Fair play to Mancini, he's stuck it out for his money at Inter and been sorting his English out. Hopefully he will hit the ground running with 3 relatively easy games before playing the scums kids. A nice time to settle in I suppose, better time than any.

COME ON CITY!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:I was a full timer when you were still in nappies sunshine and would LOVE to go to more games and can't wait until my health is good enough to start going more regularly. Now toddle off and come back when your balls drop. Thanks.

And you're a part timer - have been for years mate - while i've been full time since 1996. live in London and still am.
let's face facts: I'll be there to welcome Mancini just as I was there to say goodbye to Hughes - 2 things you'd love to say.
Also, as emotive as your health may seem - if you can make it to Thailand, surely you can make it to Eastlands?

Flying to Thailand does not produce massive adrenalyn surges that drive my blood sugar to dangerously high levels and make me ill for weeks after I go. Going to City does. So take your prejudices and shove them up your arse.

Don't argue right now lads, its not the time nor the thread...

Socs, you got your wish, I pray you're right.
Original Dub

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Socrates wrote:

Flying to Thailand does not produce massive adrenalyn surges that drive my blood sugar to dangerously high levels and make me ill for weeks after I go

I thought you went to Thailand to see your wife?
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Don't argue right now lads, its not the time nor the thread...

Socs, you got your wish, I pray you're right.

Get the drinks flowing dubbers! Today is a great day.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby irblinx » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:42 pm

I take it the mooted press conference got canned?
irblinx

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Socrates wrote:

Flying to Thailand does not produce massive adrenalyn surges that drive my blood sugar to dangerously high levels and make me ill for weeks after I go

I thought you went to Thailand to see your wife?

Yep. Much as I love her, I don't nearly go into a coma when she scores...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Vhero » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:46 pm

[youtube]fkuOAY-S6OY[/youtube]
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Where's Roly??
Where's Bernardo?
Where's the Icecream??
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:51 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:still need to be convinced by mancini, hopefully he will prove me wrong.

if we had changed for a top class proven manager then ok, but we have acted to quickly in this case i think.

why 45 year old manager who has his winning pedigree isn't 'proven' yet many of the same people thought Hughes was good for us when he had no winning pedigree whatsoever?

Weird.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:still need to be convinced by mancini, hopefully he will prove me wrong.

if we had changed for a top class proven manager then ok, but we have acted to quickly in this case i think.

why 45 year old manager who has his winning pedigree isn't 'proven' yet many of the same people thought Hughes was good for us when he had no winning pedigree whatsoever?

Weird.

That's the mind of a licker, mate...
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Weird.

if we had waited until boxing day we could have had benitez ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Weird.

if we had waited until boxing day we could have had benitez ;-)

Benitez who won the Champions League with an English club, what a failure he is compared to Hughes...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:55 pm

Weird.

It's the timing. We've suffered an indignity here - the resaon needs to be seen to be worth it. It's not obvious that he is.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Weird.

It's the timing. We've suffered an indignity here - the resaon needs to be seen to be worth it. It's not obvious that he is.

How can you not see eleven points in ten games as being an indignity though mate?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum