Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini Confirmed As New Manager

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Is this a joke? I was watching the game on bar and I'm on with me mobile. Official site seems to be down.

The statement from the O/S
Manchester City FC can confirm that it has today terminated the contract of Mark Hughes.
In giving reason for the termination Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said:

“Prior to the current season beginning, with significant investment in players and infrastructure in place, the consensus between the Board and coaching staff was that appropriate agreed targets should be set for the 2009/2010 season.

“The targets were agreed as a result of the player acquisition strategy of the club being radically accelerated in the summer as a result of very favourable conditions for any buying club. It was also based on the fact that the infrastructure of the club had been overhauled completely at great cost in order to create the best possible environment for the team.

“A return of two wins in 11 Premier League games is clearly not in line with the targets that were agreed and set. Sheikh Mansour and the Board felt that there was no evidence that the situation would fundamentally change. This is a particularly difficult announcement given the personal investment over the past 15 months on all sides and we would like to put on record our respect for and thanks to Mark Hughes and we wish him the best in his future career.”

Manchester City Football Club can confirm the appointment, with immediate effect on a permanent contract, of Roberto Mancini and are also pleased to announce that Brian Kidd will join Roberto as assistant manager.

Commenting on the appointment, Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “Roberto is a hugely experienced manager with a proven track record of winning trophies and championships. His experience and track record speak for themselves. What is absolutely clear is that Roberto believes in Manchester City’s potential to achieve at the highest level and importantly in his own ability to make this happen. My hope is that our incredible fans will join us in welcoming Roberto to the football club.”

Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedzwiecki, Kevin Hitchcock and Glyn Hodges have also left the Club and further appointments will be announced in due course.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Best of lucky for Mancini, but we'll struggle this year, form wise go backwards (!) and he'll be gone in similar circumstances to Hughes.

All the best to Sparky. Even with the dissapointing run of recent form, I always believed in him.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Socrates wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Is this a joke? I was watching the game on bar and I'm on with me mobile. Official site seems to be down.

it's true mate, cue Blur Song 2 - WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was thinking of settling on three pints but I reckon I'm going to take cab home and enjoy few ales to celebrate this.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Best of lucky for Mancini, but we'll struggle this year, form wise go backwards (!) and he'll be gone in similar circumstances to Hughes.

All the best to Sparky. Even with the dissapointing run of recent form, I always believed in him.

11 points in 10 games prior to the decision being made and you think we will go backwards formwise? wow.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Press conference unveiling Mancini as our new manager at 4.30 on Monday.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:54 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:MANCINI OUT!

He clearly lost the dressing room!

well Toure was told half time and we won!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Yes Socrates, hence the little bracketed exclamation mark to demonstrate that although our form has been bad, I think Mancini's will be worse. So well done you.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I was thinking of settling on three pints but I reckon I'm going to take cab home and enjoy few ales to celebrate this.

have one on me brother :O)
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Does anyone know what Mancini's English is like. Considering he's been out of the game so long I'd like to think he's used his time well to brush up on it. He's applied for so many jobs here that I am just presuming it's pretty good.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Do we still have his lad on our books?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:57 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Best of lucky for Mancini, but we'll struggle this year, form wise go backwards (!) and he'll be gone in similar circumstances to Hughes.

How?

So long as he sets out a clear direction, and installs a defensive coach who can just get us organised, then its hard to see how we can go backwards from 9 goals conceded in a week.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can we have an 'In/Out' Poll and make it sticky?

Ta very much!

Why don't we get the mods to just change the name on the existing one?
Easier still, just have a permenant "manager in/out poll"
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

a part timer and someone 400 miles away gloating that we've sacked our manager. again. in the most absurd circumstances I've ever seen. I feel sick.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:58 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Does anyone know what Mancini's English is like. Considering he's been out of the game so long I'd like to think he's used his time well to brush up on it. He's applied for so many jobs here that I am just presuming it's pretty good.

I think it has been mentioned on here a number of times that he has been based in London and having English lessons ever since leaving Inter. I would expect him to be spot on therefore.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Socrates wrote:

Talk about a lack of class, Remind me to crack open the bubbly when you are unfortunate enough to lose your job.
ross.mcfc

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:59 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

How?

So long as he sets out a clear direction, and installs a defensive coach who can just get us organised, then its hard to see how we can go backwards from 9 goals conceded in a week.

How? You know all them games we drew, right? Yeah them ones. The ones we didn't lose. That's right. Now how can a draw possibly become worse? A defeat? Correct! Now about badly could a run of draws go? Yayyyy, that's right, a run of defeats!

We'll no longer be hard to beat. That's what I'm getting at. Mancini is not the man. I could've won what he did at Inter and I've got no legs.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Good luck to Hughes in his future career and a big welcome to Mancini! This has got to be for the long run and this guy is capable of taking us places and will!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:00 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Talk about a lack of class, Remind me to crack open the bubbly when you are unfortunate enough to lose your job.

If I lose my job with a 7 or even 8 figure pay off then I'll buy you the champagne myself...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Socrates wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
Socrates wrote:

If I lose my job with a 7 or even 8 figure pay off then I'll buy you the champagne myself...

Lol. Good answer.
ross.mcfc

Postby ant london » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

a part timer and someone 400 miles away gloating that we've sacked our manager. again. in the most absurd circumstances I've ever seen. I feel sick.

Fully agree

|F
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum