Disillusioned and disappointed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Disillusioned and disappointed

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:43 pm

I know there's a certain 'small' group on here who will be wanking each other off right now, but I seem to share the opinion of every City fan I have spoken to in the last hour or so when I say i'm feeling completely disillusioned and disappointed with the club right now. I've supported City my entire life (27 years) all of which they have majorly underachieved, and for many years have been utter shit. I've experienced what I thought was every emotion possible watching them, embarrassment, despair, shame, joy, elation, you name it, but right now I'm experiencing something I never have before. I feel hollow. Hollow at the manner and the ruthlessness that Hughes is being replaced and I feel like we've been fed a load of horseshit from the people who bought this club. Don't feed the fans all this well scripted press talk about club stability, giving the manager time, building an empire, and give the outside impression that you're not another set of 'knee-jerk' Abramovich's then behave like this. Kicking him out, in this manner, on the day of a home win, not even half way through a season with a pre-season aim of top 6, and in which we're sitting 6th, 4 points from 4th, with a game in hand at Xmas?? Horrible.

Now i'm not naive, I know football is first and foremost a business, and it isnt my money Hughes is spending on the team, but I can't help the way I feel right now. Only City can be having the best start to a season in my life, and leave me feeling disillusioned and to be honest pretty ashamed. All the papers are being proved right on how our new owners are really going to be. And Mancini? Seriously? He wouldn't have been in my top 5.

So this is the new City is it? Ruthless and cold. Looks like we're turning into just another Chelsea to me.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Disillusioned and disappointed

Postby xavi6 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:46 pm

If we win something I couldn't give a flying fuck how we go about it.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know there's a certain 'small' group on here who will be wanking each other off right now, but I seem to share the opinion of every City fan I have spoken to in the last hour or so when I say i'm feeling completely disillusioned and disappointed with the club right now. I've supported City my entire life (27 years) all of which they have majorly underachieved, and for many years have been utter shit. I've experienced what I thought was every emotion possible watching them, embarrassment, despair, shame, joy, elation, you name it, but right now I'm experiencing something I never have before. I feel hollow. Hollow at the manner and the ruthlessness that Hughes is being replaced and I feel like we've been fed a load of horseshit from the people who bought this club. Don't feed the fans all this well scripted press talk about club stability, giving the manager time, building an empire, and give the outside impression that you're not another set of 'knee-jerk' Abramovich's then behave like this. Kicking him out, in this manner, on the day of a home win, not even half way through a season with a pre-season aim of top 6, and in which we're sitting 6th, 4 points from 4th, with a game in hand at Xmas?? Horrible.

Now i'm not naive, I know football is first and foremost a business, and it isnt my money Hughes is spending on the team, but I can't help the way I feel right now. Only City can be having the best start to a season in my life, and leave me feeling disillusioned and to be honest pretty ashamed. All the papers are being proved right on how our new owners are really going to be. And Mancini? Seriously? He wouldn't have been in my top 5.

So this is the new City is it? Ruthless and cold. Looks like we're turning into just another Chelsea to me.

I feel the same mate. I feel like I have been kicked in the guts. I think they are VERY WRONG for doing this.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby citytilidie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:47 pm

We have turned in to a bunch of cunts. Gary Cook being the chief cunt.
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm having a celebration party! You are all invited!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

King Kev wrote:I'm having a celebration party! You are all invited!

on my way...

seriously cannot believe that people begrudge the Sheikh the opportunity to pick his own manager after all he has put intothe club...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

enjoy yourself

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Seconded mate. Regardless of how it works out, the way that the club have handled the situation is fucking disgusting.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goataldo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know there's a certain 'small' group on here who will be wanking each other off right now, but I seem to share the opinion of every City fan I have spoken to in the last hour or so when I say i'm feeling completely disillusioned and disappointed with the club right now. I've supported City my entire life (27 years) all of which they have majorly underachieved, and for many years have been utter shit. I've experienced what I thought was every emotion possible watching them, embarrassment, despair, shame, joy, elation, you name it, but right now I'm experiencing something I never have before. I feel hollow. Hollow at the manner and the ruthlessness that Hughes is being replaced and I feel like we've been fed a load of horseshit from the people who bought this club. Don't feed the fans all this well scripted press talk about club stability, giving the manager time, building an empire, and give the outside impression that you're not another set of 'knee-jerk' Abramovich's then behave like this. Kicking him out, in this manner, on the day of a home win, not even half way through a season with a pre-season aim of top 6, and in which we're sitting 6th, 4 points from 4th, with a game in hand at Xmas?? Horrible.

I could not agree more. I think it reeks to high heaven.

We're basically on target with our ambitions, and the revolving door on our manager's office is spinning AGAIN.

How long will Mancini get? Sacked if we're not top 4 by the end of the season? WHY THE HELL CAN WE NOT TRY AND GIVE A MANAGER A DECENT RUN AT BUILDING A TEAM? 18 months is pathetic. Ok, not bad for us, but still pathetic.

Only the knee jerking, reactionary, loud mouthed tosspots will be pleased with this.

Cooke out.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Welcome to the new World.

Our owners mean business and we will be the best club in the world.

I have been a fan for 34yrs and welcome it with open arms.

Bring it f***king on!!!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goataldo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Socrates wrote:

on my way...

seriously cannot believe that people begrudge the Sheikh the opportunity to pick his own manager after all he has put intothe club...

Yeah. I bet the Sheikh is a massive Mancini fan, and he was first on the list hmm?

Bollocks.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Socrates wrote:

on my way...

spot fucking on.

Infact, added respect to our owners for giving someone else's man so much support since taking over.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm

The only thing I'm disappointed about is they didnt do it at the end of last season.
Rag_hater

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:56 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:

I could not agree more. I think it reeks to high heaven.

We're basically on target with our ambitions, and the revolving door on our manager's office is spinning AGAIN.

How long will Mancini get? Sacked if we're not top 4 by the end of the season? WHY THE HELL CAN WE NOT TRY AND GIVE A MANAGER A DECENT RUN AT BUILDING A TEAM? 18 months is pathetic. Ok, not bad for us, but still pathetic.

Only the knee jerking, reactionary, loud mouthed tosspots will be pleased with this.

Cooke out.

Exactly! Where does it end? How long has Mancini got? No stability again! This is what you get when you get people running a football club who know nothing about football.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:58 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Socrates wrote:

on my way...

Yeah. I bet the Sheikh is a massive Mancini fan, and he was first on the list hmm?

Bollocks.

Khaldoon knows Mancini and will have advised Mansour. If they had appointed Hughes I could understand people saying it wasn't enough time. But they didn't, they gave him a chance and waited until he showed he definitely wasn't up to it.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:59 pm

This is a f*cking disaster in making. I have no hopes about an icecreamseller. Hope I'm wrong.
It's the club we love!!
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:00 pm

It's a farce.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby robinho1025 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:02 pm

if you put 200 million of your own money into a club and plan on spending hundreds of millions more you can pick your own manager. i feel bad for Hughesy, but this is not about someones feelings. top 6 is pretty decent but if our owners feel a proven manager would have us a single place higher, then they have the right to bring one.
robinho1025
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:03 pm

You can argue the rights and wrongs of the sackings all you like but one thing I've learnt is that nothing this board says has any credit any longer.

You cannot come out and say our target is top 6. Then sack the manager when he is Top 6 and in our first semi final in 28 years.

Our board now have zero credibility.
ross.mcfc

Postby Blackadder2 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Fair play to the owners for giving the incumbent manager such a level of support since they took over.

IMO Mancini will take us to the next level.

The 'project' is to turn MCFC into the best club in the world. They have been patient with Mark Hughes - who I think has not done a rubbish job, he just hasn't pulled up any trees - but are are not wasting any time now by bringing in a world class manager in Mancini.

He will no doubt prove to more of a 'pull' to the top echelon of superstars out there - and know how to manage them properly.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.
Blackadder2
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum