Disillusioned and disappointed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Disillusioned and disappointed

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Socrates wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:I'm having a celebration party! You are all invited!

on my way...

seriously cannot believe that people begrudge the Sheikh the opportunity to pick his own manager after all he has put intothe club...

Yeah. I bet the Sheikh is a massive Mancini fan, and he was first on the list hmm?

Bollocks.

Khaldoon knows Mancini and will have advised Mansour. If they had appointed Hughes I could understand people saying it wasn't enough time. But they didn't, they gave him a chance and waited until he showed he definitely wasn't up to it.

Khaldoon knows Mancini? Since when? What section of your arse did you pull that one out from?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby bluej » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

on my way...

seriously cannot believe that people begrudge the Sheikh the opportunity to pick his own manager after all he has put intothe club...

Yeah. I bet the Sheikh is a massive Mancini fan, and he was first on the list hmm?

Bollocks.

Khaldoon knows Mancini and will have advised Mansour. If they had appointed Hughes I could understand people saying it wasn't enough time. But they didn't, they gave him a chance and waited until he showed he definitely wasn't up to it.

Khaldoon knows Mancini? Since when? What section of your arse did you pull that one out from?

Haha, geniunley laughed out loud at that.

I've got no problems with the sacking in terms of football reasons but the way it has been handled has been disgusting and I can't see how anyone can think otherwise.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby citybluesmith » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm

xavi6 wrote:If we win something I couldn't give a flying fuck how we go about it.

i agree i would love to be a chelsea,challenging for all the trophys
citybluesmith
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

on my way...

Bollocks.

They publically stated a target which we are on course for and sacked him anyway. That isn't giving him a chance. I couldn't really have argued if they had done it at the end of last season but to do it now makes absolutely no fucking sense.

We are a 4 points behind 4th with a game in hand and a run of very winnable games coming up. We haven't been in any form of cup semi-final in 28 years, we finally manage to reach one and respond by sacking the manager who got us there. Only City.

Well I hope that Mancini hits the ground running or the fans will be split like never before. The Carling Cup semi is even bigger than it was now. As stupid as it may seem, given the amount of support Hughes had from fans inside the stadium, if we lose that game then fans will be on Mancini's back straight away. Obviously if we go on to the final then it will probably go the other way and instantly endear him to the supporters.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

on my way...

Bollocks.

They publically stated a target which we are on course for and sacked him anyway. That isn't giving him a chance. I couldn't really have argued if they had done it at the end of last season but to do it now makes absolutely no fucking sense.

We are a 4 points behind 4th with a game in hand and a run of very winnable games coming up. We haven't been in any form of cup semi-final in 28 years, we finally manage to reach one and respond by sacking the manager who got us there. Only City.

Well I hope that Mancini hits the ground running or the fans will be split like never before. The Carling Cup semi is even bigger than it was now. As stupid as it may seem, given the amount of support Hughes had from fans inside the stadium, if we lose that game then fans will be on Mancini's back straight away. Obviously if we go on to the final then it will probably go the other way and instantly endear him to the supporters.

A target that was overtaken by events. Why do people fail to grasp this? and wow he got us to a Semi, Ramos won the same trophy yet is regarded as hopeless!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Beeks » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:The Carling Cup semi is even bigger than it was now. As stupid as it may seem, given the amount of support Hughes had from fans inside the stadium, if we lose that game then fans will be on Mancini's back straight away. Obviously if we go on to the final then it will probably go the other way and instantly endear him to the supporters.

Bang on...the derby semis gain a whole new significance now and will make or break him
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby robinho1025 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm

carling cup semi finals are not how you make your investment of hundredsof millions back. the bottom line is they were not confident at all that Hughes can break us into the top 4, let alone win the league which are the obvious goals no matter what has been said, so goodbye he goes. what are yah gonna do? it could be A LOT worse.
robinho1025
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby ant london » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know there's a certain 'small' group on here who will be wanking each other off right now, but I seem to share the opinion of every City fan I have spoken to in the last hour or so when I say i'm feeling completely disillusioned and disappointed with the club right now.

Yep, they certainly will be but they've themselves to be pretty cuntish "supporters" in my eyes over the duration of Hughes' tenure

The club's decision I can handle, they are in the results business. The owners acquired City with a plan to win...and we've not done enough of that if I am entirely honest.

But the pricks who are currently toasting the arrival of yet more change and uncertainty at the club....well....they can go fuck themselves right now as far as I'm concerned as their antics have disgusted me and continue to do so even when they have got what they want.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby frannylee » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:14 pm

None of us know exactly what has been said by the Board to Hughes over the last few months, nor do we know what promises / assurances Hughes gave to the Board

Whilst the anouncement of Hughes departure has certainly been poorly handled, we have to think about what has been going on behind the scenes

Hughes may have agreed to certain objectives and has not delivered on these, therefore from a performance management point of view, there was no option but to let him go

People do not invest £200 million in a business (and like it nor not, premier league football is a business ) for fun - they do it to see a return on their investment.

The results have been poor and a decision had to be made - sentimentality has no place in business
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby Goataldo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

on my way...

Bollocks.

Ok so Khaldoon 'knows him' I have to admit I didn't know that.

But what is Hughes not up to? Top six finish? I reckon he's more than up to that. PLus we could be off to Wembley. Now we'll never know.

It just seems like we've reverted to type, which has proved to be unsuccessful, historically. I'll be behind the new manager, as I always am, I am just unhappy with what's happened, and the way it has come about.

Seems like panic; change for changes sake, when we need the opposite. Feel well gloomy about it.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Beeks » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:16 pm

ant london wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know there's a certain 'small' group on here who will be wanking each other off right now, but I seem to share the opinion of every City fan I have spoken to in the last hour or so when I say i'm feeling completely disillusioned and disappointed with the club right now.

Yep, they certainly will be but they've themselves to be pretty cuntish "supporters" in my eyes over the duration of Hughes' tenure

The club's decision I can handle, they are in the results business. The owners acquired City with a plan to win...and we've not done enough of that if I am entirely honest.

But the pricks who are currently toasting the arrival of yet more change and uncertainty at the club....well....they can go fuck themselves right now as far as I'm concerned as their antics have disgusted me and continue to do so even when they have got what they want.

Agreed...This just signals instability that we don't need at the moment but half the idiots on here don't see that...ok sack MH...but personally I would have thought wait until the summer and if you're not happy...do it then...this is the first time i've been shaken by the sheikhs decisions
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:16 pm

ant london wrote:

Gosh, the Tafia-cult zealots really are out in force. I have a different vision for the club, why shouldn't I be happy that the owners share it?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby razor400 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Its disgusting hes been sacked after having no money to spend and not being able to bring his own players in. I mean jesus 2 wins in 11, whats wrong with that?!?!?!?!?
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby ant london » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Socrates wrote:
ant london wrote:

Gosh, the Tafia-cult zealots really are out in force. I have a different vision for the club, why shouldn't I be happy that the owners share it?

Not saying you shouldn't....but I'm pretty sure I and others are allowed to view you in any light we choose as a consequence
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:19 pm

citytilidie wrote:We have turned in to a bunch of cunts. Gary Cook being the chief cunt.

Dick, fuck off to bluemoan. Look at the wider picture you narrow minded tit. Hughes was taking us forward was he?
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Whassat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Rag_hater wrote:The only thing I'm disappointed about is they didnt do it at the end of last season.

This ^

Really the timing is woeful. Sparky should have been allowed to take us to the summer, and if the targets then have not been met, then a change of manager would be natural.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Honestly, I have the biggest smile on my face now. The useless cunt has gone and now Mancini is in. Thank the fucking lord. these drinks are going down a treat. To Hughes' demise! *raises glass*
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Vhero » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Socrates wrote:

on my way...

Agreed mate and the top 4 is wide open this year more than it's been for a good few years and we cannot afford to waste it on trivial matters like faith in a manager who was clearly not doing it. I think they gave him enough time myself and 200 fucking million!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Vhero wrote:
Socrates wrote:

on my way...

Agreed mate and the top 4 is wide open this year more than it's been for a good few years and we cannot afford to waste it on trivial matters like faith in a manager who was clearly not doing it. I think they gave him enough time myself and 200 fucking million!

oh my lord, speechless.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby leopoldo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Hughes couldn't cope with the pressure and his lack of class came to the fore as the results didn't come. His spat with Wenger was embarrassing and his treatment of Clattenburg, who was merely making a joke, was laughable. I can't support managers, who act like this. Hughes is the same as Bruce, Keane, Robson etc. whingeing, bad losers who learnt everything they knew from the biggest cunt of all. That's before getting to his complete lack of tactical knowledge, which was evident as far back as the collapse at Midgetland 18 months ago. He's had a fair crack and I have no sympathy.
leopoldo
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum