Disillusioned and disappointed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Disillusioned and disappointed

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Vhero wrote:
Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:I'm having a celebration party! You are all invited!

on my way...

seriously cannot believe that people begrudge the Sheikh the opportunity to pick his own manager after all he has put intothe club...

Agreed mate and the top 4 is wide open this year more than it's been for a good few years and we cannot afford to waste it on trivial matters like faith in a manager who was clearly not doing it. I think they gave him enough time myself and 200 fucking million!

So does this mean you lot will be 'happy clappy' on here from now on? Oh I do hope so. What a joyful forum this will be.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:I'm having a celebration party! You are all invited!

on my way...

seriously cannot believe that people begrudge the Sheikh the opportunity to pick his own manager after all he has put intothe club...

Agreed mate and the top 4 is wide open this year more than it's been for a good few years and we cannot afford to waste it on trivial matters like faith in a manager who was clearly not doing it. I think they gave him enough time myself and 200 fucking million!

So does this mean you lot will be 'happy clappy' on here from now on? Oh I do hope so. What a joyful forum this will be.

Happy Clappy is my default position mate, always was.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 pm

the way this has happened really does not sit well with me at all.

i thought spurs were total fucking scumbags when they did virtually the same thing to martin jol, and i'm sure most on here would have felt the same.

disappointed, but its done now so that's that.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:59 pm

I agree that winning the leaugue cup is pointless to the sheihk, He wants champions league money for his investment. And he didnt want to take the chance of giving hughes more time and not making the top four. He wants The top four and thinks an experienced succesful manager will get us there. But I Think its a bigger risk taking a chance on an unproven mancini than it is with mark hughes.

If we had mourinho or hiddink i wouldnt be so shocked as they have won titles where ever they go. And i feel that mark hughes has been honest and his integrity as a man cant be questioned. He wanted to be loved by the fans but some just couldnt get over his ties with the rags. I really feel hollow as if ive just kicked a man when he is down. Mark hughes had fighting spirit and i felt if the board given him till after christams we would be sat in the top four.

But i keep thinking if i would of came home from the game tonight and we would of lost 4-3 or drawn 3-3 i would be saying i want hughes out. But the players put extra effort in to make sure they won that game for us. So most of the players worked there asses of for hughes.

I will miss mark hughes because he played open attacking football sometimes to open. But thanks for the memories mark and mancini well the jury is out. I will be the first protesting if he fucks up.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Here we go again. How is Mancini with 7 trophies as a manager less proven than Hughes???
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Socrates wrote:Here we go again. How is Mancini with 7 trophies as a manager less proven than Hughes???

I think we will find out in the next 12 months, I hope you are right. Its about time.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:Here we go again. How is Mancini with 7 trophies as a manager less proven than Hughes???

I think we will find out in the next 12 months, I hope you are right. Its about time.

First time I've got my choice so yet to be wrong...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Let's all hope that the mighty Sheik don't get sacked.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Regarding the OP, I have been one of the more vocal "Haters" purely on a footballing front. I feel far from disillusioned aboout the decision to remove him from his duties - i think this is truly a blessing for the club.

However with regards the way this has been done, well the club have behaved truly appallingly. I am absolutely disgusted about the way they have done this, it stinks, smacks of having no class at all - and for all the wrongs of Mr Hughes - nobody deserves to be humiliated like this - with the story unfolding during the match FFS

We deserve the public flogging we will now surely get, but have to back the new man and give him support for as long as he deserves it.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Hughes always came across well in interviews and press conferences but the same mistakes were being made every week on the pitch. If he can't sort out the problems we have defensively on the traing ground then in my opinion he has failed. He was the right man for the club when he was appointed but after the Abu Dhabi takeover he probably wasn't. In the 16 months since then he has proved that he wasn't the man for the job.
I have to laugh at some who describe Mancini as having no track record, FFS he won the Copa Italia with Fiorentina, Lazio and Inter as well as Serie A 3 years running. Glad to see a top class, proven manager in charge of our top class, proven players.
The club could have dealt with Hughes dismissal better and I wish it had happened on a non match day as the whole match today was a sideshow. I have nothing against Hughes and he'll do well with another Blackburn type team but as a club we are too big a job for him now.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby david yearsley » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:28 pm

There´s some wicked and very naughty boys on here tonight ;)
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:42 pm

I don't see what all the fuss is about.
People are saying we have gone about it badly. But really this kind of thing happens in football. It is not that outrageous what we have done.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:02 pm

If your wank at your job at managing Manchester City then you should be publicly humiliated. Don't cry for Hughes, he won't cry for us! He's not a die-hard blue like you and me. Fuck him.
Managers come and go. Hughes has gone. Get over it.
Football has never had class. It's a working mans sport, dog eat dog, if you want class within a sport then fuck off and watch polo.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Fish111 wrote:If your wank at your job at managing Manchester City then you should be publicly humiliated. Don't cry for Hughes, he won't cry for us! He's not a die-hard blue like you and me. Fuck him.
Football has never had class. It's a working mans sport, dog eat dog, if you want class within a sport then fuck off and watch polo.

Yeh really working class isn't it? That's why we have a Sheik for an owner?
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Fish111 wrote:If your wank at your job at managing Manchester City then you should be publicly humiliated. Don't cry for Hughes, he won't cry for us! He's not a die-hard blue like you and me. Fuck him.

I meant the supporters you tool. Clubs have always had wealthy owners how do you think they have survived over the years. Muppet, if you had to pay per worthwhile post, you'd be fuckin skint.
Fish111

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Fish111 wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

I meant the supporters you tool. Clubs have always had wealthy owners how do you think they have survived over the years. Muppet, if you had to pay per worthwhile post, you'd be fuckin skint.

Well, it isn't the supporters who appoint and fire the manager you tool, so your post is completely irrelevant isn't it?
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Macini has no track record in england tahts what i was saying.

At least hiddink and mourinho had premiership experience with there trophies.

But i will get behind him , like i got behind hughes. The only think i dont like about mancini is that he looks like a fag.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Fish111 wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

Well, it isn't the supporters who appoint and fire the manager you tool, so your post is completely irrelevant isn't it?

Kiss the goat? you need to kiss my arse you fuckwit. Go and wave your Hughes flag outside Eastlands, see where it gets you.
Fish111

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know there's a certain 'small' group on here who will be wanking each other off right now, but I seem to share the opinion of every City fan I have spoken to in the last hour or so when I say i'm feeling completely disillusioned and disappointed with the club right now. I've supported City my entire life (27 years) all of which they have majorly underachieved, and for many years have been utter shit. I've experienced what I thought was every emotion possible watching them, embarrassment, despair, shame, joy, elation, you name it, but right now I'm experiencing something I never have before. I feel hollow. Hollow at the manner and the ruthlessness that Hughes is being replaced and I feel like we've been fed a load of horseshit from the people who bought this club. Don't feed the fans all this well scripted press talk about club stability, giving the manager time, building an empire, and give the outside impression that you're not another set of 'knee-jerk' Abramovich's then behave like this. Kicking him out, in this manner, on the day of a home win, not even half way through a season with a pre-season aim of top 6, and in which we're sitting 6th, 4 points from 4th, with a game in hand at Xmas?? Horrible.

Now i'm not naive, I know football is first and foremost a business, and it isnt my money Hughes is spending on the team, but I can't help the way I feel right now. Only City can be having the best start to a season in my life, and leave me feeling disillusioned and to be honest pretty ashamed. All the papers are being proved right on how our new owners are really going to be. And Mancini? Seriously? He wouldn't have been in my top 5.

So this is the new City is it? Ruthless and cold. Looks like we're turning into just another Chelsea to me.

Oh grow up !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Fish111 wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Fish111 wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

Kiss the goat? you need to kiss my arse you fuckwit. Go and wave your Hughes flag outside Eastlands, see where it gets you.

Oh dear, now you have to resort to childish insults because you're own comments are making you look like a fool.

a) I support City, not the manager.

2) I'll be supporting Mancini, just like ive supported every manager who's manged the club I love.

4) I didn't know they made Hughes flags? Can you get them online?
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum