Disillusioned and disappointed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Disillusioned and disappointed

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
a) I support City, not the manager.

2) I'll be supporting Mancini, just like ive supported every manager who's manged the club I love.

4) I didn't know they made Hughes flags? Can you get them online?

Did you mean manged or mangled?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Socrates wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
a) I support City, not the manager.

2) I'll be supporting Mancini, just like ive supported every manager who's manged the club I love.

4) I didn't know they made Hughes flags? Can you get them online?

Did you mean manged or mangled?

mangled.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I didn't know they made Hughes flags? Can you get them online?

My wife can sew and is willing to make you one for an extortionate price, PM me.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Fish111 wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I didn't know they made Hughes flags? Can you get them online?

My wife can sew and is willing to make you one for an extortionate price, PM me.

I could make a comment about your wifes handy work but i'm not going there. Tell her thanks anyway.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I know there's a certain 'small' group on here who will be wanking each other off right now, but I seem to share the opinion of every City fan I have spoken to in the last hour or so when I say i'm feeling completely disillusioned and disappointed with the club right now. I've supported City my entire life (27 years) all of which they have majorly underachieved, and for many years have been utter shit. I've experienced what I thought was every emotion possible watching them, embarrassment, despair, shame, joy, elation, you name it, but right now I'm experiencing something I never have before. I feel hollow. Hollow at the manner and the ruthlessness that Hughes is being replaced and I feel like we've been fed a load of horseshit from the people who bought this club. Don't feed the fans all this well scripted press talk about club stability, giving the manager time, building an empire, and give the outside impression that you're not another set of 'knee-jerk' Abramovich's then behave like this. Kicking him out, in this manner, on the day of a home win, not even half way through a season with a pre-season aim of top 6, and in which we're sitting 6th, 4 points from 4th, with a game in hand at Xmas?? Horrible.

Now i'm not naive, I know football is first and foremost a business, and it isnt my money Hughes is spending on the team, but I can't help the way I feel right now. Only City can be having the best start to a season in my life, and leave me feeling disillusioned and to be honest pretty ashamed. All the papers are being proved right on how our new owners are really going to be. And Mancini? Seriously? He wouldn't have been in my top 5.

So this is the new City is it? Ruthless and cold. Looks like we're turning into just another Chelsea to me.

I could not agree more. I think it reeks to high heaven.

We're basically on target with our ambitions, and the revolving door on our manager's office is spinning AGAIN.

How long will Mancini get? Sacked if we're not top 4 by the end of the season? WHY THE HELL CAN WE NOT TRY AND GIVE A MANAGER A DECENT RUN AT BUILDING A TEAM? 18 months is pathetic. Ok, not bad for us, but still pathetic.

Only the knee jerking, reactionary, loud mouthed tosspots will be pleased with this.

Cooke out.

Exactly! Where does it end? How long has Mancini got? No stability again! This is what you get when you get people running a football club who know nothing about football.

well fuck me. These people who 'know nothing about football' more or less saved the club from financial melt down and gave us chance to dream. And you slag these people because of some fucking rag who used to kick the living shit out of our lads in derbies.

You are being out of order.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm

People always talk about the way managers are sacked and how it has been handled badly. I'm not sure how you do it in a good way. The most important thing for the club is that they has somebody in place. Which they have.
That said I am slightly disappointed that Spunky has gone, we're not far off. On the other hand I've seen so many managers come and go, in some ways he's just another one.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Fish111 wrote:

I could make a comment about your wifes handy work but i'm not going there. Tell her thanks anyway.

That would be a cheap shot goat, you have more class than that, and probably the wife! We'll agree to disagree over the Hughes issue but you know i'm right ;-)
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum