Roque Santa Cruz vs the Mackems

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Roque Santa Cruz vs the Mackems

Postby irblinx » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:51 pm

zuricity wrote:Give me a break, any normal striker would put 'tap ins' in the net. He was average in a bloody awful team that conceded three goals at home again !

He did nothing more than basics. Leave it out, he is not the new Messaiah, now go away.

Respectfully, that is utter crap
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 pm

zuricity wrote:Give me a break, any normal striker would put 'tap ins' in the net. He was average in a bloody awful team that conceded three goals at home again !

He did nothing more than basics. Leave it out, he is not the new Messaiah, now go away.

Absolute tosh. Did you watch the game with one eye closed and the other squinting?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:55 pm

????????

Did you watch todays game or just the highlights on 101goals? What a completely moronic conclusion? How about you go away and learn about the game you seem to think you know so much about.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:10 pm

He was great today,no doubt about it but he has played well against Scunny and the Mackems who arnt really the hardest teams to play against.
It was very good to watch him flourish today and next to Bellars he was probably our best player but I think we should all wait to see if he brings a bit of consistency to his performances before he is lauded as the new Goater.
A few weeks ago Ade was getting all this adulation and now he is being called a lazy c**t so maybe we should wait a few more games before heaping all this praise on Santa . Surely you dont want to be seen as hypocrites
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Where are all the people gone who were slagging him wholesale. I'm really pleased today that he performed, because it looked for a long time that he was going to be the latest whipping boy, and never be given a chance.
Last edited by patrickblue on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

????????

Did you watch todays game or just the highlights on 101goals? What a completely moronic conclusion? How about you go away and learn about the game you seem to think you know so much about.

I watched the entire game now be quiet.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:00 am

Never understand the RSC knockers, after a few minutes pitch-time. 3 goals in 2 starts now isn't it? Maybe the ultimate irony is that if he'd started the last 6 Les may still be in charge!

Not all strikers do 'tap-ins'. You have to be there, that's the hard bit. Like Gert Muller and Gary Lineker.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am

john@staustell wrote:Never understand the RSC knockers, after a few minutes pitch-time. 3 goals in 2 starts now isn't it? Maybe the ultimate irony is that if he'd started the last 6 Les may still be in charge!

Not all strikers do 'tap-ins'. You have to be there, that's the hard bit. Like Gert Muller and Gary Lineker.

True, but stevie Ireland was also there for his second goal , just in case ?

Maybe it's all the years of watching him do very little in the Bundesliga. who knows, but I don't think RSC is worth half of the 17 mill we paid for him.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:30 am

zuricity wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Never understand the RSC knockers, after a few minutes pitch-time. 3 goals in 2 starts now isn't it? Maybe the ultimate irony is that if he'd started the last 6 Les may still be in charge!

Maybe it's all the years of watching him do very little in the Bundesliga. who knows, but I don't think RSC is worth half of the 17 mill we paid for him.

There have been a bunch of strikers who have made a career out of the policy of 'right time, right place'. RVN, Wright, even Keegan and our own Shaun Goater were all prolific about making the right effort at the right time and getting poachers goals. Yesterday RSC attacked the back post twice and was rewarded with two goals and that's all I have wanted to see from a certain Togo international that I swear on a stack of bibles would not have been there certainly for the first goal and probably for the second. And let's not invalidate his work on Bellamy's, dragging a defender away from the path of the ball, taking a hit as he let the ball by to Bellamy, unselfish teamwork and again, rewarded with a goal.

How many crosses have we seen fly across the box this season with no-one there to meet them?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:17 pm

What a difference a fit Santa makes. A great game by him. I loved his movement on and off the ball, his ability to bring balls to the ground whilst maintaining possession and of course 2 goals.

The big negative is his hair cut. Atrocious. What happenned to hot Roquey?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Slim wrote:I thought he was very good today, I have been waiting for him to shut up certain elements around here and today I think was just a taste, neither goal was brilliant but as I said to my mates after the first goal, the one player who wouldn't have been there to meet the tap in would be Adebayor....twice in one game, just what we needed.

Fully agreed - but it was not just the tap ins - workrate - jumping - distribution - he was outstanding - it is against his performances that he should be judged - he has been slagged off by loads for different reasons of association
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I was never convinced by his signing. Shit injury record and hardly prolific goalscorer either. BUT he played really well yesterday, I also think he looked decent against Spurs. Hope he stays fit and carries on improving.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Fucking hell, you're on drugs mate.

Honest to God, you have entered two threads - one in which you say a striker that has just scored two goals was "average" and another where you slate Given and say he causes us "defensive problems".

do you watch football, or do you have your Mrs watch the games and report back to you?
Original Dub

Postby Twobob » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 pm

He had a brilliant game and was superb!

Scored two good goals and linked up very well with Tevez too - put lotys of hard work in as well ...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:

There have been a bunch of strikers who have made a career out of the policy of 'right time, right place'. RVN, Wright, even Keegan and our own Shaun Goater were all prolific about making the right effort at the right time and getting poachers goals. Yesterday RSC attacked the back post twice and was rewarded with two goals and that's all I have wanted to see from a certain Togo international that I swear on a stack of bibles would not have been there certainly for the first goal and probably for the second. And let's not invalidate his work on Bellamy's, dragging a defender away from the path of the ball, taking a hit as he let the ball by to Bellamy, unselfish teamwork and again, rewarded with a goal.

How many crosses have we seen fly across the box this season with no-one there to meet them?

Agreed - but Zurich's earlier comments must mean he must have not been there or watching on a stream - RSC yesterday was excellent and the 2 tap-ins were just a bit of bunce - his effort - his ability to win the ball - hold up - distribute were all what Ade has not done for ages - it is a bit simple to just talk about tap-ins
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:21 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Agreed - but Zurich's earlier comments must mean he must have not been there or watching on a stream - RSC yesterday was excellent and the 2 tap-ins were just a bit of bunce - his effort - his ability to win the ball - hold up - distribute were all what Ade has not done for ages - it is a bit simple to just talk about tap-ins

I agree with you there RSC certainly put more effort in yesterday than Ade has done since, well since he got banned after the Arsenal game.

My original remark was more to highlight the hysteria that surrounds one player having a normal game.

Recently De Jong had a fantastic game against Chelsea. He was man of the match. However RSC has a couple of starts, that's all.

If he does that every time he plays ,well great. I've just seen him too often playing in a Bayern shirt and he was very irratic there.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:39 pm

He had a good game. Players do. People seem very ott recently in slating a player when he has a poor one or making him out to be a hero when he plays well. It's bizarre.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby lythamblue » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:47 pm

I can't believe any one could critiscise RSC after yesterday.

Where I was sat, we were all awestruck by what we could see him doing in front of us. We were all smuggly laughing and coming out with statements like "where has this guy suddenly come from?"

I will accept that most of the reaction was one of 'relief' as we finally saw a player of undoubted quality and remembered how good he had been at B'Burn and also remember how he killed us at Coms with two headers that got B'Burn a point out of a game they got battered in.

He was up with play for the two tap ins, whereas Ade would probably have been on the edge of the box strolling in, watching the ball fly across the 6 yard box.

He won virtually everthing in the air, linked play with his back to goal with some wonderful turns and first time touches.

Finally, what probably didn't come acroos very noticably on TV or on a stream, was that his movement was superb and he pulled their defence all over the place thus creating space for Bellers and Tevez.

On that form ..... I can't wait for the African Nations Cup to come quick enough!

If he plays the same against Stoke ...... Santa will fill his sacks!!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:48 pm

RSC vs. Sunderland would be in my Top 4 performances of the season.

Including

Bellamy vs Scum
De Jong vs Chelsea
Tevez vs Arsenal (Carling Cup)
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 pm

Dingus McDouchey wrote:RSC vs. Sunderland would be in my Top 4 performances of the season.

Including

Bellamy vs Scum
De Jong vs Chelsea
Tevez vs Arsenal (Carling Cup)

Agreed. He was exceptional yesterday. Certainly rose to the occasion, scored 2 and his effort level really put Ade to shame. How anyone can argue otherwise is beyond me but its not surprising from some of the clowns on here.
On current form and after that performance you'd think that he'd have to be in the starting 11 for Stoke. Especially given their aerial strength.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum