Ruining Football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ruining Football

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Our owners are are not proper football people. Unlike those fine stalwarts of the English game such as Doug Ellis, Ken Bates and the board of Derby County when they sacked Cloughie, et bloody cetera.

Actually, the sacking of Hughes, and the manner in which it was done, is well within the tradition of football management in this country.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mcfc61 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:30 pm

citytilidie wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
mcfc61 wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
mcfc61 wrote:Hypocrites the lot of them. Especially those dickheads on the Sky Soccer Saturday panel. Slagging us off all year saying how we have no chance of breaking the top 4 , now pontificating because our owners have done the right thing. Let's be honest the defence is a shambles and was not going to improve under Hughes. Shame Joe Hart has gone for the season as I would have him back yesterday.

What the fuck ??? you would have joe hart in front of shay?

Obviously, as our former manager would say. I am not saying that Joe is the best on crosses but at least he'll try and grab a few instead of stuck to his line Given. Just my opinion but I feel Shay is over-rated by many City fans. We will see what the new manager thinks!

??? Bizarre ???

i would say if anything, given is under rated, far better than Cech, Reina etc imo

I'd take Reina over him..... Look I have nothing against Given, he's a brilliant shot stopper but has many deficiences in his game. I just don't buy all this "Shay is the best in the Premiership/world" nonsense.....
mcfc61
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:03 pm

We're going to be demonised to f**k. Exactly the same scenario as when Chelsea sacked Ranieri for the chosen one. I believe we all said how disgusting that was at the time.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Fish111 wrote:
Bluez wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Prepare for the backlash...it's going to be seige mentality again for awhile

The media are ridiculous...they slate Hughes during his entire tenure then when he gets sacked they are suddenly his best mate

Unbelievable

Hughes wasn't slated that badly in the press, he is generally considered to be a good manager.

By who exactly? Blackburn fans?

by media. Same way they always praise Steve Bruce. And tried to praise Robson as long as it was humanly possible. Or any former rag who ever goes to management. Even Paul Ince sacking was apparently 'disgrace'. You just wait and see when Giggs goes to management, it will take him ten years and four relegations before they think he may not after all be new Ferguson.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:17 pm

patrickblue wrote:We're going to be demonised to f**k. Exactly the same scenario as when Chelsea sacked Ranieri for the chosen one. I believe we all said how disgusting that was at the time.

AND CHELSEA WENT FORWARD AND WON AND WON AND WON AND WON....................

WE HAVE BEEN LAUGHED AT FOR FUCKING CENTURIES MATE.....WHO FUCKING CARES????..AS SOON AS WE START PLAYING WELL ALL OVER THE PITCH(NOTICE HOW I DIDNT SAY WIN THE LEAGUE!) AND PUT IN GOOD PERFORMANCES INSTEAD OF THE EMBARRISING COMICAL GOINGS ON AT THE BACK THEN THAT LAUGHTER WILL SOON DISAPPEAR.

IM A HAPPY MAN TODAY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:We're going to be demonised to f**k. Exactly the same scenario as when Chelsea sacked Ranieri for the chosen one. I believe we all said how disgusting that was at the time.

AND CHELSEA WENT FORWARD AND WON AND WON AND WON AND WON....................

WE HAVE BEEN LAUGHED AT FOR FUCKING CENTURIES MATE.....WHO FUCKING CARES????..AS SOON AS WE START PLAYING WELL ALL OVER THE PITCH(NOTICE HOW I DIDNT SAY WIN THE LEAGUE!) AND PUT IN GOOD PERFORMANCES INSTEAD OF THE EMBARRISING COMICAL GOINGS ON AT THE BACK THEN THAT LAUGHTER WILL SOON DISAPPEAR.

IM A HAPPY MAN TODAY.

Me too mate. I'm starting to really warm to the idea of Mancini as manager.

He won 3 serie A titles and Inter Milan hadn't won the title in 16 years before him. That's kind of similar to Liverpool winning 3 titles in a row as of next year. They had 7 managers in 5 years before his appointment.

I reckon as well he will be able to lure some top players as I hear that he's a very likeable guy with a winners attitude.

The future is bright! If he can sort the defence we'll be rocking and rolling!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum