what players will go now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: what players will go now

Postby thegoatfeeder » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 am

I'd be gutted if Bellers was even dropped for a 'name' like Robinho on current form, and if we also lose Ireland, Given & SWP as a result of this I don't see how the move is anything but a step backwards.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50 pm

xavi6 wrote:
Socrates wrote:I would imagine that Leslie's inability to get the best out of Robinho might be a factor in his dismissal and that Mancini may well have been chosen as a coach he will respect.

What makes you think that Robinho will have any more respect for Mancini than he did Hughes?

Seeing as you're a man who deals in 'facts' then surely you must have one to back up this presumption.

Simple. Bobby Manc was an extremely gifted player, Robinho will see him as a like mind and he will understand Robinho far better than LMH ever did. He also has a track record of successfully managing big name players at Inter,something that cannot be claimed for Les.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby ian494 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:03 pm

I don't expect any players to go.

It will be new manager syndrome, and everyone starting with a clean sheet attempting to get in the new managers good books!!

I don't expect us to lose a game before we meet the scum in January. ( and I don't expect to lose that one!!)
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Onouha, Hart and Bellamy at the end of the season.

Santa Cruz and possibly Tevez and Ireland in the next 18 months.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:39 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Onouha, Hart and Bellamy at the end of the season.

He's a big fan of Tevez and will love Ireland! He also likes defenders that defend so Ned should be ok. Less sure about Micah's future and agree that Bellamy's swansong could be cut short!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:48 pm

Socrates wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Onouha, Hart and Bellamy at the end of the season.

He's a big fan of Tevez and will love Ireland! He also likes defenders that defend so Ned should be ok. Less sure about Micah's future and agree that Bellamy's swansong could be cut short!

I get the feeling Ned wants games, and will move if he's pushed down the pecking order. I'd also expect him to sign a backup keeper he's familiar with, meaning Hart would begin motioning for a move.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Kladze » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:02 pm

ashton287 wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Socrates wrote:I would imagine that Leslie's inability to get the best out of Robinho might be a factor in his dismissal and that Mancini may well have been chosen as a coach he will respect.

Did it ever occur to you that Robinho just ISN'T THAT GOOD ?

Fuck it! I'm gonna logout for a few months again or some of the self-satisfied tripe you and yours post will drive me fucking crazy.

NOOOOO first we lose hughes and now YOU, i dont think i can handle the loss of another idiot.....i might explode with happiness

Just thought I'd log back in one more time to say fuck you, you moron - 103 posts so far and the majority of them don't appear to even be in English. Tosser.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:05 pm

IM SURE A FEW PLAYERS WILL GO, BUT I HOPE PLAYERS LIKE BELLERS, TREVEZ, BARRY AND GIVEN STAY. LIKE I SAID AT THE START, SOME I HOPE GO
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby viking the Odd » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:13 pm

I just want some feckers who can defend, so players in is what I'm interested in. I'd say there will be a few out the door soon, Robbiniho, Toure, kompany, my guess.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:24 pm

i hope to god bellers' form don't go out the window.

that would be fucking tragic - PoTS so far for me.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby simon12 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Joe Hart
Syl
Zab
Garrido
Ned
Bridge
Toure(if he doesn`t sort his head out)
Ade(see above)
Caicedo

I see all for the chop. I think Petrov will get more of a go and also Vlad as he plays with wingers.

Coming in
Maicon
Chellini
Fabiano
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:18 am

Robinho will stay . Robinho knew Hughes was toast three weeks ago . . . that's when/why he said he's happy and wants to stay for ten years. Don Manc will bring in players Hughes couldn't - he's a higher profile.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:19 am

simon12 wrote:Joe Hart
Syl
Zab
Garrido
Ned
Bridge
Toure(if he doesn`t sort his head out)
Ade(see above)
Caicedo

I see all for the chop. I think Petrov will get more of a go and also Vlad as he plays with wingers.

Coming in
Maicon
Chellini
Fabiano

I think Ade might stick around - the Don might get more out of him than Hughes
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:32 am

I dont think there'll be much change in January. Couple of defenders IF we can get them. If you were Inter would you sell Maicon? No, me neither.

Garrido and Benjani etc should be off somewhere, but I dont think any big signings will be off.

I agree that he may get much more out of Robson, couldn't get less, but I also think he can get at least as much out of Bellamy, who at the end of the day is a great professional and one of our best players. Dont you think he's been pissed off with some of our defenders? I do.

RSC will thrive in an atmosphere of such attacking players. On his first start (remember) he seems to be the only guy who can be in the right place to put away all those attacking balls we create, which previously disappeared off across the goal. All those vitriolic attacks on a bloke brought on for 10 minutes in a backs-to-the-wall match were absolute insanity. 2 starts 3 goals.

Interesting to see how he sets out his midfield though.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:33 am

Well Richards must have been gutted to hear that Mancini has been watching CITY games for a while - so he should not get away with it - RB must be the priority
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby walmai » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:I am really worried about bellamy, he would be a big loss if he does go!

Who could afford his wages? He'll stay, unless Harry offloads Keane and then comes-a-calling.
(after repeatedly making snide references to 'not talking about other team's players' save to praise them on the back pages).
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:42 pm

walmai wrote:
Lee_Kinda wrote:I am really worried about bellamy, he would be a big loss if he does go!

Who could afford his wages? He'll stay, unless Harry offloads Keane and then comes-a-calling.
(after repeatedly making snide references to 'not talking about other team's players' save to praise them on the back pages).

Can't see why we'd sell him to them even if he wanted to go. We don't need the money. Just send him to train at Platt Lane with the kids if he starts agitating, which I don't think he will anyhow.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:40 pm

The worst thing you can do is get rid of players who have been big parts of your first team without having a proven replacement in our first team.

Our defence would be better off if Dunne was still in it.

Our midfield options would be better with Elano in the mix.

IMO.

So to say we should flog Toure, Lescott, Robinho, Adebayor, Bellemy etc would possibly be the worst thing we could do.

Where we should start is by dropping off the likes of Garrido, Benjani, any youngsters no longer eligibile for the academy who we dont think are going to make it and then acquiring players to improve areas of the squad where we need improvement or that we think are week.

Then in the enxt transfer window the cycle starts again.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:07 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Well Richards must have been gutted to hear that Mancini has been watching CITY games for a while - so he should not get away with it - RB must be the priority

i honestly think Richards resurgence could continue and he could flourish under Mancini. We could find that Mancini helps him get perspectives on his positional challenges which turns a corner for the young man.

RIchards isn't the finished article, and the person that can get the most out of those skills could yet find him one of the best in the world at his position. Honestly, we've seen it in glimpses...it's there for the molding. I'm not ready to give up yet tbh. Competition is one thing, but in Zabs and Richards we've got apparently 2x the cover we've got at LB. So i disagree with your assessment.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dikdik » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Why would any right thinking footballer want to leave the richest club in the world when it is just about to burst on to the world stage?
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum