Toure wants to leave...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure wants to leave...

Postby City1970 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:12 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:mirror mirror on the wall
who spouts shit stories most of all?
I know, the sun , but that doesnt rhyme
the mirror still does it all the time

Very Good.

If Toure wants to leave let him. I have more confidence in Vincent and Ned at Center back, than Lescott and Toure.

And the sooner Baz or Given is handed the skippers role, the better.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Wooders » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:20 am

I think all of our defenders can now start sweating about their careers at city to be honest, I think Mancini will be given money to spend and we'll be raiding serie A in January for a new CB pairing and a leftback and toure will be allowed to leave
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:36 am

The mirror.... Enough said really.. If it was the telegraph I would be worried as they were the ones yesterday who was saying Hughes was getting sacked they usually bang on. I don't remember the last time they got anything right in the rumour mill department.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:05 am

Wooders wrote:I think all of our defenders can now start sweating about their careers at city to be honest, I think Mancini will be given money to spend and we'll be raiding serie A in January for a new CB pairing and a leftback and toure will be allowed to leave

Chiellini wouldn't be a bad shout but that's about all what I'd get from Italy for the defence, maybe Mexes who seems to have gone back to his imposing self in the last few weeks after a bad start of the season. As for left back, there's not a whole lot from which to choose, I actually reckon the best combination of defensive and offensive duties now in Serie A is John Arne Riise and that's saying something.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:49 am

john68 wrote:
King Kev wrote:Woohoo! Today just get's better and better!

Where does he want to go? I'll drive him there myself!

Pleanty of room in the back for Lescott btw.

Lee,
Why would you want them to leave...it wasn't their fault they were shit..it was Hughes's.
You really gotta make your mind up in the blame game mate. You can't have it both ways. It was either the players who were shite or the manager who made them play shite.
Sorry if I'm posting a bit angry mate but the smugness and the arrogance on here is really pissing me off.

.... indeed it says a lot about the dignity and character of some of the CITY fans
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 am

Hughes goes after making Lescott,,Neds,Sylvinho,Micah and Toure shit surely now that Bobby Manc is here to ''rescue'' the season they should be back to their best.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:21 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Hughes goes after making Lescott,,Neds,Sylvinho,Micah and Toure shit surely now that Bobby Manc is here to ''rescue'' the season they should be back to their best.

haha.....I do like the fact that the new man's surname can be shortened to Manc.....very apt

Funny listening to Talksport this morning. Those cocksuckers Quinn and Saggers insisting that the media played no part in getting Hughes the boot....erm....sure they didn't. But even they commented that it was interesting that virtually all the City callers were from.....erm.......Manchester
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby stinky pete » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:48 am

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS. 5 more sleeps till he comes. how much will he spend in january and how many italians will be playing for us?
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby King Kev » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:08 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Hughes goes after making Lescott,,Neds,Sylvinho,Micah and Toure shit surely now that Bobby Manc is here to ''rescue'' the season they should be back to their best.
Love it. I'm having that!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby OliverHardy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:17 pm

at the end of the day Toure has been one of our worst players in the past x amount of drawn games. He aint no captain and aint no Dunnie, and if he cant even be at that level he can follow his agents wishes
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:38 pm

King Kev wrote:
Love it. I'm having that!

me too :@)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:45 pm

OliverHardy wrote:at the end of the day Toure has been one of our worst players in the past x amount of drawn games. He aint no captain and aint no Dunnie, and if he cant even be at that level he can follow his agents wishes

the captaincy issue is, for me, one of the main positives to come out of yesterday's events

It's clear to me that Toure is not a suitable captain for this group of players....Even if he were in form (which he certainly is not) he doesn't look like a suitable leader for me.

I'd like Nigel to take the armband when he's playing (with alternatives being Kompany, Bellamy and Stephen Ireland IMO). Shay is the right kind of character but I don't like keepers as captains.

Another big positive for me yesterday was the fact that two of the players who Mancini might have thought of as the less "star-like" of his inherited squad (Craig Bellamy and Roque Santa Cruz) had absolute blinding games. He should be pleasantly surprised at the quality of our offensive play and players.

The defense can be sorted, I am convinced of that.....and we have the potential to do really well from here to the end of the season IMO
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:47 pm

King Kev wrote:Woohoo! Today just get's better and better!

Where does he want to go? I'll drive him there myself!

Pleanty of room in the back for Lescott btw.

I wouldn't be so quick to say shit like that mate - you know as well as I do that new managers go to clubs and players can pick up their good form again.... its happened loads of times - Lennon under Harry has been amazing after his poor form with the other cunt... Drogba looked a shadow of the player he was, Hiddink and then Ancellotti came along and he's currently the best striker in the world... we could go on and on, but the point is that these players you mention have been here only a few months and I wouldn't write them off yet.

So no, I don't want Toure to leave, nor do I want Lescott to leave... at least not until they have a good run under Mancini.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum