Media s**t stirring again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Media s**t stirring again

Postby OliverHardy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 pm

See they have wasted no time in stirring it. According to all the reports yesterday led by SSN, Hughes had been told before the game he was sacked and that they pretty much forced him into the humiliating situation of leading out a team he had been sacked from. Cock brain Phil Thompson then went on the rampage about how the club was pathetic in the way it treated Hughes. Everyones opinion has now been set based in this and all other media outlets ran with similar stories. Only it actually turns out that Mark was told after the game, which really puts a whole different slant on things doesnt it. Yes, the club hasnt showed the patience some had expected with Hughes, BUT our owners are NOT the horrible dishonourable foreigners people would like us to think!
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: Media s**t stirring again

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:03 pm

OliverHardy wrote:See they have wasted no time in stirring it. According to all the reports yesterday led by SSN, Hughes had been told before the game he was sacked and that they pretty much forced him into the humiliating situation of leading out a team he had been sacked from. Cock brain Phil Thompson then went on the rampage about how the club was pathetic in the way it treated Hughes. Everyones opinion has now been set based in this and all other media outlets ran with similar stories. Only it actually turns out that Mark was told after the game, which really puts a whole different slant on things doesnt it. Yes, the club hasnt showed the patience some had expected with Hughes, BUT our owners are NOT the horrible dishonourable foreigners people would like us to think!

I read that too. He was told after the game but knew already from the leaks and was advised by the LMA that he should carry on as normal until the club made it official. Bloody media, they leak it then complain about howit is was done. Another fine mess they've got us into.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Burt » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:23 pm

It was very clear for ALL to see that he was told before the game because we could see from his body language and the absolute nailed on sign was when he did what he's never done before and waved goodbye to all the fans.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby OliverHardy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 pm

no mate, the managers association boss Bevan confirmed that the club told him AFTER the game, if he knew before it was only through moles at the club.
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Believe it or not newspapers actually sensationalise stories. And, contrary to what most of the people on this site seem to believe, they don't just do it on City articles. And these leaks obviously have to start from somewhere inside of the club, don't they?

It was pretty clear from his body language at the end of the match yesterday Hughes knew he was going. The fact he had to carry out that charade yesterday lost the club a lot of its dignity. 56% of people who voted in a poll further down the page feel exactly the same.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Socrates wrote:
OliverHardy wrote:See they have wasted no time in stirring it. According to all the reports yesterday led by SSN, Hughes had been told before the game he was sacked and that they pretty much forced him into the humiliating situation of leading out a team he had been sacked from. Cock brain Phil Thompson then went on the rampage about how the club was pathetic in the way it treated Hughes. Everyones opinion has now been set based in this and all other media outlets ran with similar stories. Only it actually turns out that Mark was told after the game, which really puts a whole different slant on things doesnt it. Yes, the club hasnt showed the patience some had expected with Hughes, BUT our owners are NOT the horrible dishonourable foreigners people would like us to think!

I read that too. He was told after the game but knew already from the leaks and was advised by the LMA that he should carry on as normal until the club made it official. Bloody media, they leak it then complain about howit is was done. Another fine mess they've got us into.

the media reported on what the club itself leaked, we need to give the insider a good kicking before we start on the media.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Burt » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:30 pm

OliverHardy wrote:no mate, the managers association boss Bevan confirmed that the club told him AFTER the game, if he knew before it was only through moles at the club.

No mate, it was crystal clear with his demeanour right from kick off that he knew and his reactions when we scored as well.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I read that too. He was told after the game but knew already from the leaks and was advised by the LMA that he should carry on as normal until the club made it official. Bloody media, they leak it then complain about how it is was done. Another fine mess they've got us into.

the media reported on what the club itself leaked, we need to give the insider a good kicking before we start on the media.

Reports started in Italy I think? We should sack Mancini immediately.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ian494 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 pm

Socrates wrote:

HAha, obviously went over everyone's head.

Nice one JF
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Socrates wrote:Another fine mess they've got us into.

i think you will find we did a bloody good (bad?) job of that ourselves.
The Man In Blue

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:52 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Socrates wrote:Another fine mess they've got us into.

i think you will find we did a bloody good (bad?) job of that ourselves.

It'll soon be forgotten if we win the next game...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby s1ty m » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:49 pm

With hindsight, did anyone else see the brief pre-match interview with Hughes on the scoreboards about 15 minutes before the game? His short answers, knowoing what we know now, are a sure sign he knew he was going. Sad on a human level and I fully respect Hughes for taking the game yesterday, I admire that.

Now onto the future...
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I read that too. He was told after the game but knew already from the leaks and was advised by the LMA that he should carry on as normal until the club made it official. Bloody media, they leak it then complain about how it is was done. Another fine mess they've got us into.

i posted the first news article that ran it about an hour before kickoff in the Hughes for the Chop thread...and the article was defo from Italy.

Clearly Hughes knew what the situation was...i'm honestly NOT concerned about specifically when he was told or that he was "forced" to manage the last match. People are getting too black and white about this...as i mentioned in another thread, if Dougie H came steaming onto this site and Thursday and said Hughes had packed his shit up after the Spurs loss because he was sacked why would that have really been better for the team or the fans? As it stands, he won a match, clapped the fans out and left with a lot of dignity in my opinion. i bet you he'd agree. It's how i would have wanted to leave if i were him and i got the sack.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blootoof » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:18 pm

He was advised to take the last game through breach of contract.

While we're all struggling to make ends meet for chrimbo, he'll have his mortgage paid by Monday.Fuck him.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:

i posted the first news article that ran it about an hour before kickoff in the Hughes for the Chop thread...and the article was defo from Italy.

Clearly Hughes knew what the situation was...i'm honestly NOT concerned about specifically when he was told or that he was "forced" to manage the last match. People are getting too black and white about this...as i mentioned in another thread, if Dougie H came steaming onto this site and Thursday and said Hughes had packed his shit up after the Spurs loss because he was sacked why would that have really been better for the team or the fans? As it stands, he won a match, clapped the fans out and left with a lot of dignity in my opinion. i bet you he'd agree. It's how i would have wanted to leave if i were him and i got the sack.

cheers

Absolutely. Much more dignified to end at home with a win rather than footage on Sky of him leaving Carrington carrying a cardboard box.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:

cheers

Absolutely. Much more dignified to end at home with a win rather than footage on Sky of him leaving Carrington carrying a cardboard box.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Return to The Maine Football forum