Brian Kidd

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brian Kidd

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Kidd is fucking quality...anyone who dismisses him for being an ex rag knows fuck all about football...and you can quote me on that
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Kidd is fucking quality...anyone who dismisses him for being an ex rag knows fuck all about football...and you can quote me on that
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:28 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Kidd is fucking quality...anyone who dismisses him for being an ex rag knows fuck all about football...and you can quote me on that

Yes boss.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 pm

Just my opinion. Kidd is a proven success as a coach. In addition he was a City player, a popular and good striker with an excellent record for us in the 70's. Those two facts should make it easy not to confuse him with any other ex-rag player.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 am

Citizen of Oslo wrote:Just my opinion. Kidd is a proven success as a coach. In addition he was a City player, a popular and good striker with an excellent record for us in the 70's. Those two facts should make it easy not to confuse him with any other ex-rag player.

Exactly. While he is without a question a rag, he also played for us and scored shedloads of goals. And his is extremely experienced and competent number two (pun intended). I would prefer that no rags would EVER come to City but if there has to be some, which seems to be the case, then at least I hope they are top ones who have played for us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Slim wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:What makes someone more rag than someone else? i dont get it.

Everything is governed under the Filth by Association scale or FbA, points are awarded for signing for them, years of service to the filth, goals scored, whining to the ref, having a head shaped like an animal or pixar animation and of course for being Scottish. Points are dedcuted for playing for us, scoring against them, having ginger hair and having a bust up with anyone Scottish.

Kidd scores a whopping 146.75FbA whilst Hughes only has a 56.13FbA, but as been pointed out the scale diminishes over time and most everyone can remember Hughes playing for them, but you need to be older than john68 to remember Kidd.

Clearer?

Thats one of the funniest things I've read on here.
Well done Kiddo!
Bobk wasnt bad either.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:11 pm

As for rags and ex-rags. If Roy Keane is in one end of the spectrum and Dennis Law is in the other, then Kidd is closer to Law.

Gary Neville has his own category that origins from a Goater goal at Maine Road. Even young fans knows that Gary Neville is a blue, is a blue, is a blue; he loves City.
Last edited by Citizen of Oslo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citizen of Oslo

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Citizen of Oslo wrote:As for rags and ex-rags. If Roy Keane is in one end of the spectrum and Dennis Law is in the other, then Kidd is closer to Law.

Gary Neville has his own category. Even young fans knows that Gary Neville is a blue, is a blue, is a blue; he loves City.

Fuckin ell mate. Please keep bad language down to a bare minimum as kids read this forum ;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby daveh1962 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:24 pm

I have to say I cannot believe the attitude of many of our fans. So what that he was employed by United big deal get over it!!!!!!!!! Of course whilst he was there he wanted to win either as a player or part of the management team that is what he was paid to do. Of couse MH celebrated when he scored a goal for them but that didnt stop him celebrating like mad when we scored at their place.

These guys are football professionals that means they want to win and so you will see Kidd go mad on the touchline if we score an injury time winner to get through to the CC final because he wants to win.

Just because a player or coach comes from them is not a negative but should be regarded as a feather in our cap because for the last 17 years they have been the dominant force in British football and all I hope is that his mentality and others like Tevez allows my club to dominate for the next 17 years
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stockportblue » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:39 pm

where did Sean Goater start his career?-Was that a problem when he came to City?-Brian Kidd pulled his tripe out for the blue shirt and is a respected coach.No problem as far as I can see.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby King Kev » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:09 am

stockportblue wrote:where did Sean Goater start his career?-Was that a problem when he came to City?-Brian Kidd pulled his tripe out for the blue shirt and is a respected coach.No problem as far as I can see.

Shaun Goater never played a game for the scum.

The rest of your post I agree with.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:15 am

King Kev wrote:
stockportblue wrote:where did Sean Goater start his career?-Was that a problem when he came to City?-Brian Kidd pulled his tripe out for the blue shirt and is a respected coach.No problem as far as I can see.

Shaun Goater never played a game for the scum.

The rest of your post I agree with.

Quite. Claiming Sean Goatherd was a rag would be like claiming Bryan Giggles is a blue because he was on our books.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Socrates wrote:
Citizen of Oslo wrote:I'm happy with Kidd as the new assistant. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Hart involved at the vacancy at youth level.

Hart was appointed QPR boss on Friday mate so we might have to wait until the Spring for that one...

Paul Hart left QPR today. Things can happen fast in today's game!
Citizen of Oslo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum