Luca Toni available on a free..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Luca Toni available on a free..

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
Biamp wrote:Do we really need him?!

Nope!

for me not a question of "do we need him?" but of laughing with amusement on how he's deemed to be "shit."

cheers

I never said that he was shit. Just that I’d rather have Vassell back. Which is probably a lot worse than saying he's shit :p But knowing us we’d offer him some 4 year contact on about 90k a week. Is he really worth that for where we’re going?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:23 pm

hes a "good" striker but he couldn't properly cut it in the german league ffs, he'll never manage in the prem
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Worst. Striker. Ever.

Lee Badbuy?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby edge275 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Not for me I'd rather have Van Nistlerooy.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:20 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

Nope!

for me not a question of "do we need him?" but of laughing with amusement on how he's deemed to be "shit."

cheers

I never said that he was shit. Just that I’d rather have Vassell back. Which is probably a lot worse than saying he's shit :p But knowing us we’d offer him some 4 year contact on about 90k a week. Is he really worth that for where we’re going?

i hope yr not asking me. read what i wrote above. i have no fuclin inclination that we're going for Luca Toni on a free...and could give two fucks. But he's not some shitbag striker as others have hinted, implied or directly stated.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

Nope!

cheers

i hope yr not asking me. read what i wrote above. i have no fuclin inclination that we're going for Luca Toni on a free...and could give two fucks. But he's not some shitbag striker as others have hinted, implied or directly stated.

rhetorical question mate :p
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:31 pm

definitely not shit, but I don't rate him at this point. This season he has looked a shadow of himself and can't even get a look in the bayern team ... though in fairness it's a giant cluster fuck over there right now.

If he had been linked with us straight after his season in italy, then it might be another proposition ... but look at bianchi, top scorer in italy, brought here, now he's back in italy scoring again. He wasn't given a chance here that's true, but in the end he didn't get goals.
I think toni would be a similar, more costly buy. Also known to be a but lazy up top ... not really what we need/want is it?

Good player who has achieved alot in his career, but getting on in age and not a fit for us I think. Pass.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:40 pm

kinkylola wrote:definitely not shit, but I don't rate him at this point. This season he has looked a shadow of himself and can't even get a look in the bayern team ... though in fairness it's a giant cluster fuck over there right now.

If he had been linked with us straight after his season in italy, then it might be another proposition ... but look at bianchi, top scorer in italy, brought here, now he's back in italy scoring again. He wasn't given a chance here that's true, but in the end he didn't get goals.
I think toni would be a similar, more costly buy. Also known to be a but lazy up top ... not really what we need/want is it?

Good player who has achieved alot in his career, but getting on in age and not a fit for us I think. Pass.
He's available for free, as the title says. Although his wages are high I think. But the rest, I agree.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Who's Luca Toni?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm quite surprised how far this thread has gone when we, the richest club in the footballing world, are blindly linked to a player just because he's on a free!

Amazing.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:33 am

Crossie wrote:If he buys ANY Italian strikers, im off.

lmao, and I might follow you
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Who's Luca Toni?

I think it's a pasta based dish mate but I can't be sure.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:32 am

After having seen him play his first two games for Roma, and bag a brace yesterday, I'm starting to think my opinion of him might have been wrong, and that given our absences up front for a target man, we wouldn't have done bad to go for him. But he only wanted to came back to Italy so I guess even if we went for him it wouldn't have made a difference...

Still, what impressed me so far of him is how well he can defend the ball, and of course his ability on aerial balls, but I was surprised to see he's good with the ball on his feet too, granted he's not Messi or Ibra but I thought he was worse.
CityFanFromRome

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:42 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:After having seen him play his first two games for Roma, and bag a brace yesterday, I'm starting to think my opinion of him might have been wrong, and that given our absences up front for a target man, we wouldn't have done bad to go for him. But he only wanted to came back to Italy so I guess even if we went for him it wouldn't have made a difference...

Still, what impressed me so far of him is how well he can defend the ball, and of course his ability on aerial balls, but I was surprised to see he's good with the ball on his feet too, granted he's not Messi or Ibra but I thought he was worse.

Ah mate, I can't believe you've come out with that? Have you seen his performances for your national team in the past???? He is terrible.

I'd rather have Bianchi back than Luca Toni
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am

even free he's overpriced.
useless lump of lardo
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 am

We'd be better off with Swiss Tony
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:12 am

ant london wrote:Ah mate, I can't believe you've come out with that? Have you seen his performances for your national team in the past???? He is terrible.

Those peformances were exactly what made me think he was shit, but having seen him in these two games, he looked very good as a target man, and as I said he also grabbed a brace yesterday. Definitely not the best striker in the world, but given our absences up front I'm starting to think he could have done a job for us.

He was massive help for Roma the other week when they played for 80 minutes down to ten men, he held the ball up well and even got a penalty after dribbling two defenders as one of them tugged him into the box....and he was once more very good yesterday in that kind of work, and deservedly scored twice. He's fired up because he wants to go to SA this summer, so for six months he could have been a worthy gamble. Hopefully Vieira is similarly fired up.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
ant london wrote:Ah mate, I can't believe you've come out with that? Have you seen his performances for your national team in the past???? He is terrible.

Those peformances were exactly what made me think he was shit, but having seen him in these two games, he looked very good as a target man, and as I said he also grabbed a brace yesterday. Definitely not the best striker in the world, but given our absences up front I'm starting to think he could have done a job for us.

He was massive help for Roma the other week when they played for 80 minutes down to ten men, he held the ball up well and even got a penalty after dribbling two defenders as one of them tugged him into the box....and he was once more very good yesterday in that kind of work, and deservedly scored twice. He's fired up because he wants to go to SA this summer, so for six months he could have been a worthy gamble. Hopefully Vieira is similarly fired up.

always rated Toni, probably not as good as he once was, but still knows where the net is, and is brilliant in the air. He is the type of player that looks shit if he doesn't score though, bit like Inzaghi and Vieri. When things come off though he is very dangerous. His scoring record is not to be sniffed at, and he hasn't played as badly as people think for La Nazionale.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:02 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:We'd be better off with Swiss Tony

Tony the Tiger...apparently he's GRRRRREEEATT!

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:We'd be better off with Swiss Tony

Tony the Tiger...apparently he's GRRRRREEEATT!

I'd take any of these Tony's over the Luca Variety.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum