Barcelona say no to Robbie

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barcelona say no to Robbie

Postby blues-clues » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Barcelona have said they will not be buying Robbie in January.

Im not sure if this is good news or not. I think Robinho and Hughes fell out and I think it had a big impact on the way the team performed as a unit. If that can be patched up without putting Robinho on a pedestal then I will be glad to see him stay. Not least because I think Ireland plays better with Robinho and that spark in Midfield has been lacking for a while.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 425268.stm
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Re: Barcelona say no to Robbie

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Shouldn't the story be City say no to Barca! I hate the way the press have twisted that headline
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Not Hughes biggest fan obviously, but Robinho can fuck right off if he had anything to do with getting a manager sacked.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby irblinx » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:52 pm

blues-clues wrote:Barcelona have said they will not be buying Robbie in January.

Im not sure if this is good news or not. I think Robinho and Hughes fell out and I think it had a big impact on the way the team performed as a unit. If that can be patched up without putting Robinho on a pedestal then I will be glad to see him stay. Not least because I think Ireland plays better with Robinho and that spark in Midfield has been lacking for a while.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 425268.stm

Robbie and Hughes felt out and that affected the team unit?? You do remember how long he was out injured? I heard a supposed City supporting reporter the other day stating that Robbie hadn't done much for the team this season too, madness
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Slim wrote:Not Hughes biggest fan obviously, but Robinho can fuck right off if he had anything to do with getting a manager sacked.

Maybe not directly...but I think MHs relationship with Rob and the onus by the Sheikhs on him being their first major signing probably tipped the balance
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby gillie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Slim wrote:Not Hughes biggest fan obviously, but Robinho can fuck right off if he had anything to do with getting a manager sacked.

Well said mate no player is bigger than the club and those that think they are need to get real or get lost imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 pm

gillie wrote:

Well said mate no player is bigger than the club and those that think they are need to get real or get lost imo.

I personally do not think Robinho had anything to do with Hughes' sacking. but I agree with gillie. Hopefully Robbie isn't one of those who think so.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 pm

The article should read: Barcelona cant afford Robbie.

Glad to see all this rubbish can now stop and robson can get on with wat he does best dazzling us all with his sublime skill.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aaron bond » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
gillie wrote:

I personally do not think Robinho had anything to do with Hughes' sacking. but I agree with gillie. Hopefully Robbie isn't one of those who think so.

I seriously doubt the owners and board would sack a manager based on Robinho's relationship with him. Hughes was sacked because Hughes wasn't good enough.

But to the inital post, regardless of what Barcelona want, we only sell Robbie when WE no longer need him. At the moment, we do need him and need him back to his best.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby blues-clues » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
gillie wrote:

I seriously doubt the owners and board would sack a manager based on Robinho's relationship with him. Hughes was sacked because Hughes wasn't good enough.

But to the inital post, regardless of what Barcelona want, we only sell Robbie when WE no longer need him. At the moment, we do need him and need him back to his best.

You have a higher opinion of City than some of the players I am sure of that. Barcelona have just won their 6th trophy in 12 months, the only one that they went in for but didn't win was won by us! Any footballer would give his eye teeth to play for Barca right now and contracts are worth fuck all when a player decides he wants to go and the club wants him. Lescott for example. When there are footballers who, if everything else was equal, would choose City over Barcelona for footballing reasons, we will know we have arrived.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 pm

He was never going anywhere anyways I'm just glad this has been put to rest I don't care how it was done but I don't think it was ever gonna be put to rest until Barca said they weren't interested.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Vhero wrote:He was never going anywhere anyways I'm just glad this has been put to rest I don't care how it was done but I don't think it was ever gonna be put to rest until Barca said they weren't interested.

Does super v hero have anymore of your pics?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby aaron bond » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:38 pm

blues-clues wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
gillie wrote:

You have a higher opinion of City than some of the players I am sure of that. Barcelona have just won their 6th trophy in 12 months, the only one that they went in for but didn't win was won by us! Any footballer would give his eye teeth to play for Barca right now and contracts are worth fuck all when a player decides he wants to go and the club wants him. Lescott for example. When there are footballers who, if everything else was equal, would choose City over Barcelona for footballing reasons, we will know we have arrived.

lol...you are probably right that I have a higher opinion of City than most players!

However, I do believe we are are no longer a small little club that can be pushed around easily by bigger clubs. IF we were to sell Robinho at any point to Barca, or another club, I'd expect us to a get a good deal, either pricewise or a player in return. Considering the lengths Barca went to for Ibrahimovic, if they want Robbie from us, they can go to similar lengths!
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:39 pm

edge275 wrote:
Vhero wrote:He was never going anywhere anyways I'm just glad this has been put to rest I don't care how it was done but I don't think it was ever gonna be put to rest until Barca said they weren't interested.

That was fucking random.. I still think hes my fucking net stalker he didn't know it was me my arse.. The chances of posting a photo of me as his avatar are 1 in a billion.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Vhero wrote:
edge275 wrote:

That was fucking random.. I still think hes my fucking net stalker he didn't know it was me my arse.. The chances of posting a photo of me as his avatar are 1 in a billion.

I'm sure a while ago he said he had quite a few more.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 pm

We need robbie to stop arsing around and wanting talks with the new gaffer etc and get down to hard work and a return to form. If he doesnt then its bye bye and good riddance, if we are going for that 4th place, we are not allowed any passengers.

Try looking at a Mr Craig Bellamy, then you might have just an inkling of what work ethic is Mr de Souza.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 pm

edge275 wrote:
Vhero wrote:
edge275 wrote:

I know it was another member on here using a second account I don't know who it was. The fact you so randomly bring it up though makes me wonder.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shawzy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Well said Slim..I hope the sacking was judged on Hughes performance as a manager and nothing more.
shawzy

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Vhero wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Vhero wrote:
edge275 wrote:

I know it was another member on here using a second account I don't know who it was. The fact you so randomly bring it up though makes me wonder.

I can assure you it wasn't me. Anyway back to Robinho.

What I want to know is, how do Brazil and Real Madrid managed with him not tracking back?

I got to admit as well, I was watching some videos of Robinho at Real Madrid and he seemed far quicker than he does here.

I think he's completely demotivated and/or unfit and has been for a while.
edge275

Postby shawzy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:54 pm

[/quote]I can assure you it wasn't me. Anyway back to Robinho.

What I want to know is, how do Brazil and Real Madrid managed with him not tracking back?

I got to admit as well, I was watching some videos of Robinho at Real Madrid and he seemed far quicker than he does here.

I think he's completely demotivated and/or unfit and has been for a while.[/quote]

Or.....has he been played out of position in our squad? Mancini may slot him inside behind the strikers and keep Bellers wide left..I do not know bud but im sure fuckinhell looking forward to the Stoke game.
shawzy

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum