Garry Cook [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Garry Cook [merged]

Postby King Kev » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:13 pm

After dropping a major bollock whilst inducting Uwe into the Hall Of Fame and now his tantrum at the press conference I wonder if Khaldoon is going to put up with much more of Mr Cook's unprofessional manner.

First he infuriates City fans by calling us utd, then he turns the press against us with his arrogant and aggressive manner towards them.

I don't think he is representing the club very well.
Last edited by King Kev on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Cook Next For The Chop?

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 pm

King Kev wrote:After dropping a major bollock whilst inducting Uwe into the Hall Of Fame and now his tantrum at the press conference I wonder if Khaldoon is going to put up with much more of Mr Cook's unprofessional manner.

First he infuriates City fans by calling us utd, then he turns the press against us with his arrogant and aggressive manner towards them.

first? more like seventh or eighth after saying relegation should be abolished, the milan bottled it incident, the rant against saying "citydilidie," the Dunne doesn't sell shirts in CHina gaff, and NUMEROUS other times he left me saying "typical cookie!"
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Well, Cook and Marwood give advice on managerial appointments. Presumably they advised that we hang on to Hughes in the first place, then advised that it was ok for him to spend last summer, then advised that he should be sacked and then advised that Mancini was the man.

Should Bob not work out they'll advise that be replaced by someone else and they'll give advice on that.

If it keeps getting cocked up they'll have to go.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Lee_R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:26 pm

I cant believe he was a major player for Nike, hes been totally unprofessional from the start. Hughes would be better at doing his job.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:28 pm

There were rumours on here a while ago about Peter Kenyon. That was about the same time as Mancini was rumoured (on here) to have been approached by City.
Could there be any truth in that? Is the hatchet man about to get the chop himself?

For those that can remember, this is all too much like John Maddocks and his dealings with Swales a la Reid out, Horton in. Maddocks didn't last long after that. If Khaldoon has any sense, he should do the same and get rid of this guy.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby shawzy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:33 pm

King Kev wrote:After dropping a major bollock whilst inducting Uwe into the Hall Of Fame and now his tantrum at the press conference I wonder if Khaldoon is going to put up with much more of Mr Cook's unprofessional manner.

Any half decent poster on here could of represented the club better than him today.It was shocking to watch KK.
Khaldoon on the otherhand is MR Cool.Im sure he would have been watchin the conference in amazement and would of expected Cooke to handle the whole affair much better.
I know the press can be utter cocks but there questions wernt ott..There main interest was Hughes and why he got the chop in a bizarre way.Us City fans also wanted to know these answers so he should of been open about it,instead of making a statement then getting Kloss (i think it was her) to cut it short.
The press started to gang up on Mancini for answers which should have been answered by Cooke.
When Gary was 1st appointed i pretty much liked the bloke, but now i see him as a coward and has let the club down.
He had the perfect apportunity to redeem himself to the media and failed hands down.
I hope he gets the chop pronto.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Well, Cook and Marwood give advice on managerial appointments. Presumably they advised that we hang on to Hughes in the first place, then advised that it was ok for him to spend last summer, then advised that he should be sacked and then advised that Mancini was the man.

Should Bob not work out they'll advise that be replaced by someone else and they'll give advice on that.

Marwood wasn't there in the first place. Cook was hired by Thaksin and Hughes was Cook's choice. Worth remembering...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Socrates wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Well, Cook and Marwood give advice on managerial appointments. Presumably they advised that we hang on to Hughes in the first place, then advised that it was ok for him to spend last summer, then advised that he should be sacked and then advised that Mancini was the man.

Marwood wasn't there in the first place. Cook was hired by Thaksin and Hughes was Cook's choice. Worth remembering...

Thanks for that. "I used to have a brian once you know"

Don't think it changes my main point though.
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:42 pm

And the Kaka/AC Milan/Bottle remarks...
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby chef » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Socrates wrote:

do you mean a brain or a marwood ?
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:54 pm

chef wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
Socrates wrote:

do you mean a brain or a marwood ?

Definately not got a brian, as for having a marwood - come over and find out big boy.
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Check you lot out...Just like the gutter press MCFC.NET looks for a new target after Hughes departure

Poor old Cooky
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 pm

shawzy wrote:

Any half decent poster on here could of represented the club better than him today.It was shocking to watch KK.
Khaldoon on the otherhand is MR Cool.Im sure he would have been watchin the conference in amazement and would of expected Cooke to handle the whole affair much better.
I know the press can be utter cocks but there questions wernt ott..There main interest was Hughes and why he got the chop in a bizarre way.Us City fans also wanted to know these answers so he should of been open about it,instead of making a statement then getting Kloss (i think it was her) to cut it short.
The press started to gang up on Mancini for answers which should have been answered by Cooke.
When Gary was 1st appointed i pretty much liked the bloke, but now i see him as a coward and has let the club down.
He had the perfect apportunity to redeem himself to the media and failed hands down.

He said in his statement why les got sacked its wat we already knew. We cant defend and its costing the club precious points and he has now fallen behind the agreed rate of progression so goodbye MR Hughes Hello Bobby Manc.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby shawzy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
shawzy wrote:

He said in his statement why les got sacked its wat we already knew. We cant defend and its costing the club precious points and he has now fallen behind the agreed rate of progression so goodbye MR Hughes Hello Bobby Manc.

The timing was slightly off in the Hughes sacking dont you think? It could have been done after the Hull game if they was already talkin to Mancini.Anyway like you said we need to move fast and give Mancini precious time and get the team in shape for the new era.I liked Mancini tonight,he got peppered by the press and done a decent job with his limited eng vocab,unlike Cookie who looked a total farce imo.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:27 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Check you lot out...Just like the gutter press MCFC.NET looks for a new target after Hughes departure

Poor old Cooky

What?!!!!!!!!!!

I have to presume that you didn't see the press conference where your mate Cooky struggled to put two sentences together i.e; Brain Kidd etc etc etc?!!!!!!!!!!

He was an embarassment without question. If the flatdick hadn't come to his aid, he would have lost the plot completely mate.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:43 pm

I dunno about Cook it depends on what he's done for the club already he was brought in to sell the clubs brand here and abroad and I for one dunno if he succeeded abroad. If he has done a great job I doubt he's gonna be going anywhere.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby symiblue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Perhaps we should have a poll to see who we can hang out to dry next. FFS after the last few days can't we have a rest and give them all a chance.
"That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on."
John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
symiblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Bellamy

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:54 pm

symiblue wrote:Perhaps we should have a poll to see who we can hang out to dry next. FFS after the last few days can't we have a rest and give them all a chance.

1 down 2 to go ;o)
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby xavi6 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:40 pm

He's an arsehole and I hope he fucks off

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby bluej » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:49 pm

I think that Cook's display in the press conference (in that he couldn't really answer the journalists) just goes to show how botched the whole sacking was. Can't see Cook lasting much longer.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum