RSC: Mancini Has Already Laid Down The Law

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

RSC: Mancini Has Already Laid Down The Law

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Roberto Mancini has stamped his authority on the Manchester City dressing room after some players reacted angrily to Mark Hughes’ sacking.

Roque Santa Cruz has revealed that the new City boss laid down the law to the players when he met them for the first time yesterday and ordered them in for a double training session today.

Mancini has made shoring up City’s leaky defence his top priority and Santa Cruz says he has already started his rebuilding job.

“In the first day he was shaping the team a little and giving us ideas of what he expected from us,” said the striker. “He knows exactly what he has to do. There is a lot of work to do tactically and I think he will do it.

“We were working very well on reshaping the team, which is one of the things we need to do to get the right balance defensively.

"We will have a double session tomorrow and for sure he will get ideas and tell the team what he expects from us.

”He wants us to close people down. He wants us to be solid and tight and to make it very hard for the other team to play between the lines. And then once we get the ball, to play it wide.

”We have a lot of defensive work to do and then we will have time to address other things which have been causing problems to the team and solve them in the best way possible.”

Mancini must head the wounds caused by Hughes’ brutal axing straight after Saturday’s 4-3 win over Sunderland at Eastlands and some players, led by Craig Bellamy, voiced their anger to the City hierarchy.

Santa Cruz was sad to see Hughes go, having known him since their Blackburn days, but pledged to help former Inter Milan coach Mancini achieve the club’s goal of a Champions League place.

“Naturally, there was some anger,” said the Paraguay star. “We had won the game and things still happened.

“Garry Cook came down and told us after the game. He told us what decision the Sheikh had made and that it was for the good of the club because they were aiming to build something not only for this season, but for the coming ones as well.

“We are employees of the club and if you’ve got something to say, then you say it. But you work for the club and you want to do the best for the club.

”If they think it is the best choice, we know as a fact that they want the best for club as well, so you just have to put our best into every session and try to help the new gaffer to find the results that are expected and move forward.

”Of course it's sad. It is never going to be an easy thing to see your gaffer going because it is somebody losing their job and, even if you don't have a good relationship with your manager, you cannot be happy to see him leaving the club having lost his job.

”Our results have not been incredibly good, but not incredibly bad either. But things have happened because you have people here who want to achieve the top four.

”Football is sometimes like that and you need to carry on. We want to see the club in the top four so there is a lot of work to do. Everybody needs to keep looking forward.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ro ... 65691.html
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: RSC: Mancini Has Already Laid Down The Law

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Thats exactly what the fans need to read.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Vhero wrote:Thats exactly what the fans need to read.

I agree and I'm surprised that it's from THAT rag paper The Mirror though!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:59 pm

Fuck what that crock cunt had to say, he's a useless piece of shit and I can't believe we signed him....

Oops, sorry, I forgot its Cook's turn now.... right?
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 am

“We are employees of the club and if you’ve got something to say, then you say it. But you work for the club and you want to do the best for the club.

Well said there RSC and every other player needs to realise that aswell.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Socrates » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 am

Original Dub wrote:Fuck what that crock cunt had to say, he's a useless piece of shit and I can't believe we signed him....

yep, get with it, Hughes then Cook then the tea lady. I mean dar fucking jeeling?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Burt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 am

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Fuck what that crock cunt had to say, he's a useless piece of shit and I can't believe we signed him....

She's called Elsie actually, so get yer facts ey Cratey fella;o)

yep, get with it, Hughes then Cook then the tea lady. I mean dar fucking jeeling?
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:15 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

Well said there RSC and every other player needs to realise that aswell.

Indeed.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 am

I find it promising that he has already started the defensive work. This obviously must have been an issue with the players as the team kept leaking easy goals and with increasing rate. Closing down and putting pressure on is basics. This will improve.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 am

Socrates wrote:

LOL @ ^^^
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:34 am

Citizen of Oslo wrote:I find it promising that he has already started the defensive work. This obviously must have been an issue with the players as the team kept leaking easy goals and with increasing rate. Closing down and putting pressure on is basics. This will improve.

we will take massive steps forward just by Mancini teaching them how to defend set pieces. I think Mancini is zonal marking man so it might take him while but I feel we will see improvement on next few games.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:42 am

...and you're not commenting on Mancini's "BULLYING" then Antti?...sorry Mate...couldn't resist the opportunity....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:05 am

john68 wrote:...and you're not commenting on Mancini's "BULLYING" then Antti?...sorry Mate...couldn't resist the opportunity....:-)

Ah, but Italians don't bully, they just make you offers you can't refuse. Mancini's back room staff includes feller known simply as Luca. No one knows exactly what he does but all rioting in squad has ended. Usefull fella obviously.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 am

Just for the record I would have to say that where RSC says "”He wants us to close people down. He wants us to be solid and tight and to make it very hard for the other team to play between the lines. And then once we get the ball, to play it wide" that is exactly what has been focussed on for some time in training. ( before the iron curtain was put up)

That part hasnt been the biggest problem though has it. It's mostly the individual marking and errors from set pieces and crosses we have to get right and that I am sure will be key issues from now on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sweenyuk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just for the record I would have to say that where RSC says "”He wants us to close people down. He wants us to be solid and tight and to make it very hard for the other team to play between the lines. And then once we get the ball, to play it wide" that is exactly what has been focussed on for some time in training. ( before the iron curtain was put up)

That part hasnt been the biggest problem though has it. It's mostly the individual marking and errors from set pieces and crosses we have to get right and that I am sure will be key issues from now on.

I was just about o type that the Iron Curtain went up due to Training Reports a lot less specific than what santa has revealed to Stoke ahead of our game
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:46 am

"There is a lot of work to do tactically"

A very interesting phrase from RSC and perhaps one which makes mincemeat of this player revolt bollox.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:58 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just for the record I would have to say that where RSC says "”He wants us to close people down. He wants us to be solid and tight and to make it very hard for the other team to play between the lines. And then once we get the ball, to play it wide" that is exactly what has been focussed on for some time in training. ( before the iron curtain was put up)

JEESUS. I'm having a semi now. That is exactly what has been problem for most of the seasons. Gaps between lines have been huge so that the distance between strikers and central defenders has been about 90 yards.

At least he has immediately seen what our main problems have been.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:00 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

JEESUS. I'm having a semi now. That is exactly what has been problem for most of the seasons. Gaps between lines have been huge so that the distance between strikers and central defenders has been about 90 yards.

At least he has immediately seen what our main problems have been.

Mancini was your original choice wasn't he Antii? Always nice to able to test out your tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 am

I'm starting to like this Santa Cruz lad - scores goals, looks good and talks sense.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:15 am

I just hope all this shite about Bellamy and Given supposedly wanting to leave is bollocks too. By the same token I hope Mancini won't play Robinho just because he is Robinho but because he deserves it... and at the moment I cannot see why he would start ahead of Bellamy.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum