The Sun!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Sun!!!!

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:30 am

This has to be the worst paper around, i swear some fucking cock sits at his desk and just writes utter bollox.

Take a look at these stories

Ade and Robinho got him the sack - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2780643/Manu-and-Robinho-got-him-the-sack.html?=&ATTR=Football

Bellamy and Given in quit threat - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2780804/Bellamy-n-Given-in-quit-threat.html?=&ATTR=Football

We expose Man City lie - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2780671/We-expose-Man-City-lie.html?=&ATTR=Football
Last edited by Mark (Blue Army) on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: The Sun!!!!

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:32 am

The Sun is a cunt of a newspaper.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Socrates » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:33 am

1. Still trumped by yesterday's story that Hughes lent the Sheikh the money to buy Bellamy
2. It's not a paper it's a comic
3. You swore in the topic title.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby ronk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:57 am

The day they stop being cunts to us is the day we have to start worrying that we've turned into cunts.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:59 am

ronk wrote:The day they stop being cunts to us is the day we have to start worrying that we've turned into cunts.

Speak for yourself, I'm already a cunt.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:00 am

i wont even click on that shit to generate the click traffic that will raise their online ad rates.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 am

Are its readers thick?? - (sorry no need to answer)

The one about exposing a lie - they print that Cook says the process started 3 weeks ago but that the job offer was not made until Thursday - Mancini says they had initial talks a couple of weeks ago - well that is entirely consistent!!! dicks
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:52 am

Its a bullshit paper. How many times have they had to print apologies to us for lies? Seems to be shitload. Why does anybody read it or care what it prints?

Next it'll be "ROBINHO, BELLAMY AND HUGHES IN LOVE TRIANGLE SHOCK"!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Its a bullshit paper. How many times have they had to print apologies to us for lies? Seems to be shitload. Why does anybody read it or care what it prints?

Next it'll be "ROBINHO, BELLAMY AND HUGHES IN LOVE TRIANGLE SHOCK"!

I know.Wouldn't be a surprise let alone a shock!
Last edited by Socrates on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby King Kev » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:03 pm

I hope the club forces them to asmit they are liars and publish an apology - again!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:21 pm

The thing is you can speak to someone who buys the sun and they are a perfectly reasonable person. They don't give the impression their world view is structured around whats printed in it(I'd say the mail has more followers in that respect). its as if they know its shit, but its worth a look just for a giggle. Unless they run a headline condoning paedophilia or declaring Islam as the way forward people will still hand over the 7p or whatever it doesnt cost nowadays to buy and read it. I wanted to be a sports writer once, a long time ago, but I would never have survived. Look at the people who consider their own opinion more important than a respect for balance or an appreciation of actual facts. They look silly. I get annoyed at the mis-representation but this alone wont drive these wretched publications out of business. Murdoch can afford to run the sun at a loss just so they hold their market share, just like tesco would.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby ronk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:The thing is you can speak to someone who buys the sun and they are a perfectly reasonable person. They don't give the impression their world view is structured around whats printed in it(I'd say the mail has more followers in that respect). its as if they know its shit, but its worth a look just for a giggle. Unless they run a headline condoning paedophilia or declaring Islam as the way forward people will still hand over the 7p or whatever it doesnt cost nowadays to buy and read it. I wanted to be a sports writer once, a long time ago, but I would never have survived. Look at the people who consider their own opinion more important than a respect for balance or an appreciation of actual facts. They look silly. I get annoyed at the mis-representation but this alone wont drive these wretched publications out of business. Murdoch can afford to run the sun at a loss just so they hold their market share, just like tesco would.

You managed over a thousand posts on here within two years. You're qualified to write for the Sun.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:31 pm

ronk wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:The thing is you can speak to someone who buys the sun and they are a perfectly reasonable person. They don't give the impression their world view is structured around whats printed in it(I'd say the mail has more followers in that respect). its as if they know its shit, but its worth a look just for a giggle. Unless they run a headline condoning paedophilia or declaring Islam as the way forward people will still hand over the 7p or whatever it doesnt cost nowadays to buy and read it. I wanted to be a sports writer once, a long time ago, but I would never have survived. Look at the people who consider their own opinion more important than a respect for balance or an appreciation of actual facts. They look silly. I get annoyed at the mis-representation but this alone wont drive these wretched publications out of business. Murdoch can afford to run the sun at a loss just so they hold their market share, just like tesco would.

You managed over a thousand posts on here within two years. You're qualified to write for the Sun.

I'll come clean. i am Neil AND Shaun Custis
Bianchi on Ice

Postby aaron bond » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:47 pm

King Kev wrote:I hope the club forces them to asmit they are liars and publish an apology - again!

The club have been pretty hot on things like that since our new owners took over so I'm hoping the lawyers have been scanning all of the papers this week and will be suing each of them for the shit they have been spouting!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Socrates » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:02 pm

aaron bond wrote:
King Kev wrote:I hope the club forces them to asmit they are liars and publish an apology - again!

The club have been pretty hot on things like that since our new owners took over so I'm hoping the lawyers have been scanning all of the papers this week and will be suing each of them for the shit they have been spouting!

Maybe a bit too shit hot? Could explain the levels of press hostility we are seeing now that they have been given an opportunity.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Socrates wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Maybe a bit too shit hot? Could explain the levels of press hostility we are seeing now that they have been given an opportunity.

Its not as cut and dried as that is it? This has breen brewing for years. City underacheive, the press have a little pop, we win the lottery, the press come at the club from all angles. Grown up, "professional" people should disregard their tribal allegiances(to put it mildly), retain some dignity and stop insulting peoples intelligence. Martin Samuel managed it, why can't others?
Bianchi on Ice

Postby irblinx » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:31 am

ronk wrote:

He was qualified to write for that rag over two years ago!
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:37 am

The rag tops will be on our case whatever we do, good or bad. They always have been as they pander to the lowest form of life; rags.

We have work to do before the rest of the media will trust us again though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:52 am

Who gives a shit? - My first thought was that it was just like reading this board after a loss or a draw!

If we are going to get upset every time the press puts 2 and 2 together to make 7834 we have a lot of pain ahead of us

Personally i content myself with the agony our beloved team puts us through

Take a positive view that we are now a target for the press - it means that we are at the high table of English/World football and will now be served large portions of journalistic bullshit instead of the tiny two liner crumbs we used to receive
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Socrates wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Its not as cut and dried as that is it? This has breen brewing for years. City underacheive, the press have a little pop, we win the lottery, the press come at the club from all angles. Grown up, "professional" people should disregard their tribal allegiances(to put it mildly), retain some dignity and stop insulting peoples intelligence. Martin Samuel managed it, why can't others?

No of course it's not cut and dried, just surprised by the ferocity and single mindedness of the twats and our tough line with their lies may have been one factor. That and pure bloody envy but we can't do anything about that!
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum