I feel like we're in 1976 all over again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I feel like we're in 1976 all over again

Postby Burt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:33 am

That last pot win is soooooooooooo long ago yet it seems like I feel like the same again. I can't explain how but I knew we we were gunna win that cup and gawd elp me but I for some reason, I now feel like we're gunna do it again.

I was hopeful that we'd do it under Leslie but now for whatever obscure reason am certain that we'll do it under Bobby Manc.

Have I lost the plot and gone all senile?. Again, I can't explain but I have this carzy feeling inside me that states categorically that our young pups like Lewis and many others are going to feel the joy of what all us other ol fuclers experienced all those years ago.

We're gunna wipe the floor with those despicable devilworshippin rags in the semi-finals and then go on to win the League Cup or whatever they call it these days.

Have I lost the plot and once again put my faith in our beloved Blues, only to be thwarted again? Hell knows but I cannnot get this vision of victory outta my dim little head.

I honestly think that I'll get more joy outta seeing all our young pup supporters dancin in the isles than enjoying it myself cos the they deserve it it for following such a BIG club and having their hopes shattered year after year after year.

Whatever we win after that is a bonus and then I can think of myself but I want this trophy just for our young uns.............OUR legacy. The boys that will will be willling us on after us old uns ave gone and..............more power to um.

Am I deluded?...........................We'll see I suppose.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: I feel like we're in 1976 all over again

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:38 am

Amen, once that first trophey is in our cabinet our silver will be delivered by the barrel load.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 am

Burt wrote:That last pot win is soooooooooooo long ago yet it seems like I feel like the same again. I can't explain how but I knew we we were gunna win that cup and gawd elp me but I for some reason, I now feel like we're gunna do it again.

I was hopeful that we'd do it under Leslie but now for whatever obscure reason am certain that we'll do it under Bobby Manc.

Have I lost the plot and gone all senile?. Again, I can't explain but I have this carzy feeling inside me that states categorically that our young pups like Lewis and many others are going to feel the joy of what all us other ol fuclers experienced all those years ago.

We're gunna wipe the floor with those despicable devilworshippin rags in the semi-finals and then go on to win the League Cup or whatever they call it these days.

Have I lost the plot and once again put my faith in our beloved Blues, only to be thwarted again? Hell knows but I cannnot get this vision of victory outta my dim little head.

I honestly think that I'll get more joy outta seeing all our young pup supporters dancin in the isles than enjoying it myself cos the they deserve it it for following such a BIG club and having their hopes shattered year after year after year.

Whatever we win after that is a bonus and then I can think of myself but I want this trophy just for our young uns.............OUR legacy. The boys that will will be willling us on after us old uns ave gone and..............more power to um.

Top post Burt mate but how many Holts have you had lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Socrates » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 am

Deluded or not, I want to give you a whopping big kiss for that post...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:53 am

Funny, the more I drink, the better the future appears.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 am

Socrates wrote:Deluded or not, I want to give you a whopping big kiss for that post...

it somehow made it seem more possible, didn't it?

Truth be told...the Scum are hurting and won't be anywhere near full-strength when the we have them at ours, right?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Burt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:57 am

gillie wrote:
Burt wrote:That last pot win is soooooooooooo long ago yet it seems like I feel like the same again. I can't explain how but I knew we we were gunna win that cup and gawd elp me but I for some reason, I now feel like we're gunna do it again.

Top post Burt mate but how many Holts have you had lol.

Do you know, the funny thing is mate, I'd usually be on the ol Holts gary glitter all day for most games. I think that I'll be sober as a fuclin judge for this game and just enjoy and take in the scenery of Blues goin wild with delight at us winning that first pot. What a party I envisage that our pups are guna put on whoohoooooooooooo!
Burt

Postby Burt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:59 am

Socrates wrote:Deluded or not, I want to give you a whopping big kiss for that post...

Awrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................you big softie Cratey fella!
Burt

Postby Burt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:03 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Truth be told...the Scum are hurting and won't be anywhere near full-strength when the we have them at ours, right?

I want them to put out a full strength side mate. Cos we're gunna whip their backsides big time whichever side they put out and the bettter side they put out, the better we're gunna play. I'm certain of that :o)
Burt

Postby Socrates » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

yeah and all that stuff about the kids,I think Burt might really be Santa.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:50 am

The atmosphere for that LC game in 76 was one of the best I've ever experienced, we blew the fuckers away. If we reproduce it again, they won't be able to handle it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:50 am

3 years old when we last won silverware...and you know what...i'm not ashamed to admit it...WHEN and not if we win something...I will cry like a fucking 3 year old too
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:46 am

Hey Burt! was that you walking down Trafford Road this afternoon...A ginger bald patch, flares and kipper tie?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:04 am

Top post Burt ! I like the "guarded' optimism you have in our side winning the League Cup this year and I also like yr wishes for the "young uns' to taste top flight success at last after long years of suffering. I am not so young but I haven’t seen us winning any trophies since I started supporting Mancity. The closest was the 81 FA Cup final (1st match) and that still hurts when I think about it. So its about bloody time.
Cheers mate for lifting my spirit.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 am

Can you try and have these premonitions more often than every 33 years from now mate?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:10 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:3 years old when we last won silverware...and you know what...i'm not ashamed to admit it...WHEN and not if we win something...I will cry like a fucking 3 year old too

Never in my life, I cried when Shaunies went in against Arsenal, still had a nagging doubt tho.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bear60 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Top post Burt.
I was 16 when we won that cup, Now is the right time to do it again.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Twobob » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:10 pm

I was 1 year old ...

you old gits ;-)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Return to The Maine Football forum