Ruthless chairman

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ruthless chairman

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:25 am

Peter Swales I mean. God he wouldn't have given Hughes 18 months. He moved a guy upstairs for finishing second in the league.

Yet the press are all howling as if something strange has gone on here, totally down to 'foreign owners'.

That well-known RAG Henry Winter asked Mancini 'dont you care who you work for?'. I wonder if he's asked Taggart that since working for the parasitic Glazers? Of course not. He also conveniently forgets Scum when they fired managers for fun!

From a league that's brought us the likes of Swales, Deadly Doug Ellis, Ken Bates, Freddy Sheppard, Abramovich to name but a few, why all the howls at City?

Cook didn't perform too well, but his 'need to draw a line under it' is quite right. The press are not interested in Mancini (until Saturday), they are just looking to attack City.

From a club/team point of view the most sensible time to move, if you're going to, is immediately after a match giving the dust a whole week to settle. Sound common sense.

Still come Sunday's papers it will be all about our result against Stoke and Mr Hughes will be long forgotten.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Ruthless chairman

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:21 am

Henry Winter is well known Gooner but other than I fully agree.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:29 am

It's partly our own fault though. Cook & the owners have been going out of their way to court these blokes & spoon feed them the story that we're different than other clubs, believe in stability & that Hughes is the best young manager in the business & will be given time to do the job. Some of them, Winter included, were on the verge of believing it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 am

oppotunity knocks again for these hacks, it was just getting back to normality with the negative press we endured durings Marks early days, now they can start again. Cook didnt cover himself in glory yesterday, but his patience is far stronger than mine. After informing the press he was reading a statement, and then the floor was being passed over to Mancini, some hacks starting shouting out questions before he even started reading. I would, in the same position, have had these fuckers ejected straight away, but thats me.

Imo any bad press aimed at the club, should see the journalist banned, bit like the fulkers at the swamp, having said that their commies
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby s1ty m » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:14 am

I thought the press yesterday with a disgrace. What have City done wrong? How else do you sack someone and do it nicely? Khaldoun flew over so he could speak personally to Hughes, that's highly honourable. That the news seems to have leaked before the game and the press seized on it they conveniently forget...the press are, therefore, complicit in making it tough for Hughes.

Winter strikes me as a very arrogant man. I don't know him, obviously, but he was arrogant at that conference. If he could just be as awful at a Ferguson conference, I would be happy. Chances of that are slim to nil.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ronk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:21 am

The press are pissed that they weren't in the loop. It got leaked, but not by the guys who'd done all the hard work chatting to Cook while knocking back free booze and enjoying the upgraded facilities.

If they're scrambling to write a story and do more research on Mancini then the easiest thing in the world to do is call us chaotic.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:43 am

s1ty m wrote:I thought the press yesterday with a disgrace. What have City done wrong? How else do you sack someone and do it nicely? Khaldoun flew over so he could speak personally to Hughes, that's highly honourable. That the news seems to have leaked before the game and the press seized on it they conveniently forget...the press are, therefore, complicit in making it tough for Hughes.

Winter strikes me as a very arrogant man. I don't know him, obviously, but he was arrogant at that conference. If he could just be as awful at a Ferguson conference, I would be happy. Chances of that are slim to nil.

I'll tell you my over-riding memory of Henry Winter. When we got knocked out of the FA cup at the Old Toilet be that disgraceful Alan Wilkie penalty which brought them an equaliser, that was the main talking point for 10M who saw it on BBC.

So what was Henry's story the next day? It was about aeroplane noises etc and how disgraceful City fans are. The guy is an obnoxious biased bighead who has always had it in for City.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:43 am

Last edited by Original Dub on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:43 am

All that's happened that shouldn't have is that the italian press got wind that Mancini had been appointed before the game finished and it had spread around the English press.... other than that, the way the club went about their business was exactly how all other big clubs do when they decide its time for a change - they feel out another manager, negotiate his contract and sack the present one.

Its a shame that news was filtering out before and during the game, but there's a big difference between a shame and a "disgrace". The press yesterday tried to make out that we were the first club to replace a manager. They were like a dog with a bone because it was "shabby" to let Mark sit through a game knowing he was getting the sack etc.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BUNCH OF BIAS PARASITES!

Let me cast your minds back to the Claudio Ranieri situation. Semi-Final of the champion's league. Second in the premier league. He knew for weeks or even MONTHS before that he was going to be replaced, but he got on with it because that's the nature of football management - especially when the club is the richest in the world - the pressure is immense.

Make no mistake, the only reason these pricks continued to chastise Cook and our owners (I know he didn't greatly help the situation) was because this whole thing is just another excuse for them to show the world that we are in fact ruining football.

Some of them were asking Mancini if he knew "what kind of people he would be working for". What he thought of the "shabby way Mark was sacked". Whatever about Cook, my blood was boiling yesterday and I'm still struggling to find why these pricks were allowed to continue to berate our club on live TV for basically the whole press conference. As someone mentioned earlier - would this have been allowed happen at United or Chelsea(who were far far more ruthless than us)? No fucking chance would it!

I always knew these cunts were bias and bitter, but it really has suprised me to what lengths they will go to to try to prevent us living this dream. Since the takeover, I feel like my eyes have been opened twice as much as to what really goes on between the press and the big four. Actually, scratch that - between the press and all of football's super powers, be it club or international. Its been the most eye-opening year of my life as a football fan. The big man must win at all costs. That's the fucking rule.

These arseholes spend all year saying Hughes' return of results is not good enough and they continue to spread rumours that Mourinho is on is way and Hiddink has been approached because the project is "too much for Mark hughes". Then they fucking lose the plot when he's sacked. I even heard one of them say "But you had us believe that this was a long term thing and Mark's job was safe.. and that's what we wrote" and this was said with an almost lip-quivering tone.... surreal to say the least.

Anyway, its not like its going to change, in fact, I'm not sure they'll ever take to us, but for all Cook's faults now is not the time to start pointing fingers within our club because one thing is for sure for the first time in years - we are ALL behind the new manager and the club as a whole. Cook will be laying low now for a while and lets just let him. he may not have held himself in the best possible light yesterday but I don't think the press would have either went for, or allowed to have gone for, any other exec chairman in such a fashion. Its damn hard when all of the press are after you.

CTID.
Original Dub

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Great post mate. Given the fact that Garry Cook turned up for the press conference took balls, let the hacks have their fun, while the new management and squad get on with the real buisness of winning football games.
eastlandsblue

Postby eastlandsblue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Great post mate. Given the fact that Garry Cook turned up for the press conference took balls, let the hacks have their fun, while the new management and squad get on with the real buisness of winning football games.
eastlandsblue

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:16 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:Great post mate. Given the fact that Garry Cook turned up for the press conference took balls, let the hacks have their fun, while the new management and squad get on with the real buisness of winning football games.

Thats what its all about IMO.
Original Dub

Return to The Maine Football forum