Robbie and Ade - Are They The Future?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robbie and Ade - Are They The Future?

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:06 am

Im forever stickin up for Robbie. Im also havin to remind people that he has been out injured for months!! But saying that I think it was obviuose none of the Brazillians got along with Hughes. Heck!!! Id even take Elano back now Hughes has gone!! But I can understand people gettin pissed off with Robbie as he really doesnt look too interested. Im sure Mancini can get him going again.

I also feel a little sorry for Ade and think he has been given a hard time. He plays upfront on his own and Hughes expected the wide players (Tevez,SWP,Robbie.Bellamy) to do everything!! track back,play wide,help out in centre mid and on top of that, play as second striker!!! It just didnt work and you cant expect tht much from a player. This left Ade up front on his tod wondering what the fook was goin on!! how often did you also see him gettin dragged back to midfield as he was being cut out of the game being up field on his own..I think its kind of unfair pickin this or that player as most of the time they all looked unorganised and clueless as to what they were doin. Barry and Ireland prob more so than anyone else!! Iv never see two players that looked so unsure with the ball at their feet!! One of the only players that looked sure was De Jong, with the simple roll of cleaning up the midfield.

Im sure Mancini will play a better stratigy and one that will help players understand their rolls alot better..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:16 am

Dazzacity wrote:Im forever stickin up for Robbie. Im also havin to remind people that he has been out injured for months!! But saying that I think it was obviuose none of the Brazillians got along with Hughes. Heck!!! Id even take Elano back now Hughes has gone!! But I can understand people gettin pissed off with Robbie as he really doesnt look too interested. Im sure Mancini can get him going again.

I also feel a little sorry for Ade and think he has been given a hard time. He plays upfront on his own and Hughes expected the wide players (Tevez,SWP,Robbie.Bellamy) to do everything!! track back,play wide,help out in centre mid and on top of that, play as second striker!!! It just didnt work and you cant expect tht much from a player. This left Ade up front on his tod wondering what the fook was goin on!! how often did you also see him gettin dragged back to midfield as he was being cut out of the game being up field on his own..I think its kind of unfair pickin this or that player as most of the time they all looked unorganised and clueless as to what they were doin. Barry and Ireland prob more so than anyone else!! Iv never see two players that looked so unsure with the ball at their feet!! One of the only players that looked sure was De Jong, with the simple roll of cleaning up the midfield.

Im sure Mancini will play a better stratigy and one that will help players understand their rolls alot better..

Possibly but Ade likes to drift about. Robbie will get his chance but will need to take it or face being marginalised. He'll have to run about too. Mancini doesn't like lazy sods anymore than Hughes so if he's hoping for an easy ride I recon he'll get a shock.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:Im forever stickin up for Robbie. Im also havin to remind people that he has been out injured for months!! But saying that I think it was obviuose none of the Brazillians got along with Hughes. Heck!!! Id even take Elano back now Hughes has gone!! But I can understand people gettin pissed off with Robbie as he really doesnt look too interested. Im sure Mancini can get him going again.

Possibly but Ade likes to drift about. Robbie will get his chance but will need to take it or face being marginalised. He'll have to run about too. Mancini doesn't like lazy sods anymore than Hughes so if he's hoping for an easy ride I recon he'll get a shock.

I think that was kind of the problem.. WE had Barry and Ireland wondering whether they should be staying back or pushin forward and then had the likes of Tevez,Bellamy,Ade,SWP runnin here,there and everywhere.From what I see we rather had players running into eachother or a guy with the ball at his feet with no one to pass to..WE only really looked a threat on breaks as we couldnt really out pass a side. Just not organised enough and had players on different chapters. 'FOUR FOUR FOOKIN TWO' ;-)
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Colin the King » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:48 am

I think Robinho will be rejuvenated by Mancini joining the club, partly because I'm sure as a very similar player in his day, he'll look up to Mancini, but for the most part- it was clear from very early on that he and Hughes didn't see eye to eye- selling the love of his life in the summer would have only strained things further. I suppose it's the nature of football management- your methods will inspire and bring that extra 10% out of some players- Ireland and Bellamy in our case, and others won't be suited to it- Robinho and Elano being the glaring examples. Hughes demanded a complete effort from his players and those two, while undoubtedly having the natural ability, didn't share his mentality.

With Adebayor, I think it's less clear cut. If he was unmotivated at Arsenal, under one of the World's great managers, I fear it might be very difficult for Mancini or anyone to do so. He has incredible ability as we've seen but his attitude has been all wrong since around October. He's done pretty well in terms of scoring goals, but looking at the bigger picture, he can be anonymous for most of a match. Santa Cruz might have less quality but he showed on Saturday that with the right application and desire to win the ball, you can overcome that and be effective.

Either way, I don't think either Robinho or Adebayor are the future of Manchester City Football Club. Even if they improve dramatically, with the nature of modern football, they'll move onto pastures new before long- whether it's a year or three years. Only a handful of top players these days stick around for life.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:This ain't a 'Something to moan About' thread, it is a question of whether these 2 players are the future of our club. So give up moaning about moaning

The threadstarter summarised his post
Beefymcfc wrote:do you think they will be on their way out because of their Superstar attitudes?
like it's a fact they have superstar attitudes and that's why they may not last here.

I'll stop now, I just get so down with the negativity, it seems every post is made with an agenda rather than being balanced.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:25 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think that was kind of the problem.. WE had Barry and Ireland wondering whether they should be staying back or pushin forward and then had the likes of Tevez,Bellamy,Ade,SWP runnin here,there and everywhere.From what I see we rather had players running into eachother or a guy with the ball at his feet with no one to pass to..WE only really looked a threat on breaks as we couldnt really out pass a side. Just not organised enough and had players on different chapters. 'FOUR FOUR FOOKIN TWO' ;-)

I think this kind of thing is part of the argument about 'gelling' though. Hopefully Mancini will find a way of adding a bit more structure to the team without taking away the unorthodoxy that made Hughes side impossible to stop when it worked.

Whatever anyone says, he tried to put out an incredibly attacking side & let them attack together in their own way rather than impose restrictions. The only requirement was that the attacking players did their bit to help the defence which so far hasn't really worked. It's no different to what Mercer & Allison tried to do though. Hopefully Mancini can take it further, quicker.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:34 am

london blue 2 wrote:Robbi talked about being the best in the world at one point. If he's gonna be regularly out shined by Craig Bellamy (all due respect) then that just aint gonna happen. I think the both (Rob and Ade) need a kick up the arse, if they cant pull their fingers out fuck em off.

Robbie's natural position is not on the left wing which entails a lot of defending and needs a speedy player ala SWP/Bellers which Robbie clearly isn't. So I don't think its fair to judge him in that position, although he didn't do too badly most of last season.
He is more suited as a 2nd striker (with licence to roam) which is the position he plays for Brazil just in front of Kaka. At the moment Tevez is filling that position for us , so its a tough one. Robbie shud be competing with Tevez and not Bellers.
As for Ade, I think he's going through a "relatively "bad patch and he'll bounce back. Goals like the one he scored against Chealsk is what he is employed for and his overall average is still good. Like someone else said he is also very good in defending corners which we badly need. A little competition from RSC will not harm him and shud motivate him more.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Robbi talked about being the best in the world at one point. If he's gonna be regularly out shined by Craig Bellamy (all due respect) then that just aint gonna happen. I think the both (Rob and Ade) need a kick up the arse, if they cant pull their fingers out fuck em off.

Robbie's natural position is not on the left wing which entails a lot of defending and needs a speedy player ala SWP/Bellers which Robbie clearly isn't. So I don't think its fair to judge him in that position, although he didn't do too badly most of last season.
He is more suited as a 2nd striker (with licence to roam) which is the position he plays for Brazil just in front of Kaka. At the moment Tevez is filling that position for us , so its a tough one. Robbie shud be competing with Tevez and not Bellers.
As for Ade, I think he's going through a "relatively "bad patch and he'll bounce back. Goals like the one he scored against Chealsk is what he is employed for and his overall average is still good. Like someone else said he is also very good in defending corners which we badly need. A little competition from RSC will not harm him and shud motivate him more.

Robbie has played about 99.9% of all his games for Brazil & Madrid on the left. He drifts inside, as he does for City but goes back out to the left. He doesn't like running & is normally not very good away from home for Brazil either & often gets substituted.

Brazil often get their 1st goal from a set piece then Robbie sometimes comes into the game effectively on the break as the other side chases the game but having watched all of Brazil's World Cup games live, his contribution to their team isn't usually any better or worse than his contribution to ours.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 am

I should imagine Robbie and Ade are gonna carry on playing the way they were which was pretty good.Good enough to keep them starting for their national teams(which arnt bad teams)
Its been more where and how the other players around them have performed that has not led to Robbie and Ade being so effective in the past few games.Its been Barry playing with an injury,Stevie being given a different role and NDJ being so defensive.
I dont go for this idea that they are lazy and more so away from home.Obviously when we play a team at their ground they are going to have the same advantage we do when we are at home of being in front of their own supporters familiar surroudings etc...For me Robbie and Ade have been playing quite well.If peo`le think Craig is better than Robson and brings more to the tem that is a diifferent matter but to say that Robbie and Ade haven't been trying and RM will make them into different players seems a bit wrong to me.They are what they are and try for us all the time how they are used is upto the new man.
Rag_hater

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:i actually thought robbie and ade was younger than what they was but there both 25 surely they should be reaching there peaks? I really believe robbie is not strong enough for the english game. With ade i agree with the poster above who said he is having to run around like a headless chicken rather than concentrate on scoring goals.

But i just have a feeling that felipe caceido is the future drogba! he is only 21 still learning his trade if he can work on his decision making and movement a little more i think he is a perfect goal machine. I heard he is doing shit in lisbon but i think the english game is perfect for him. I think jo at everton would be more suited to spain or lisbon rather than england also.

You could say weiss is the future of city but once again i havent seen him enough in premier league games to make a decision.

I wish robiinho would take a leaf out of SWP's book about getting stuck in and riding the tackles.

Robinho's not good enough but Caicedo is new Drogba. Oh dear.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Robbie has played about 99.9% of all his games for Brazil & Madrid on the left. He drifts inside, as he does for City but goes back out to the left. He doesn't like running & is normally not very good away from home for Brazil either & often gets substituted.

Brazil often get their 1st goal from a set piece then Robbie sometimes comes into the game effectively on the break as the other side chases the game but having watched all of Brazil's World Cup games live, his contribution to their team isn't usually any better or worse than his contribution to ours.

It seems you have watched many more Brazil matches then I have Ted, and you are probably right. My point is Robbie is not a natural winger and does not do well in defending. It might work for Brazil because they have a solid left back and they defend more from midfield and cover well for each other. I am sure Robbie will be much happier playing in a more inside position.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I should imagine Robbie and Ade are gonna carry on playing the way they were which was pretty good.Good enough to keep them starting for their national teams(which arnt bad teams)
Its been more where and how the other players around them have performed that has not led to Robbie and Ade being so effective in the past few games.Its been Barry playing with an injury,Stevie being given a different role and NDJ being so defensive.
I dont go for this idea that they are lazy and more so away from home.Obviously when we play a team at their ground they are going to have the same advantage we do when we are at home of being in front of their own supporters familiar surroudings etc...For me Robbie and Ade have been playing quite well.If peo`le think Craig is better than Robson and brings more to the tem that is a diifferent matter but to say that Robbie and Ade haven't been trying and RM will make them into different players seems a bit wrong to me.They are what they are and try for us all the time how they are used is upto the new man.

The question is whether the kind of football played in certain other countries & in internationals works week in week out in the PL. I firmly believe it doesn't. Against some teams it's fine but the week after you can be asked a completely different set of questions & you get mugged. If these players want to play regularly they have to adapt. I believe they're trying to do that but so far they're only succeeding 50% of the time. That has to improve if they're to stay. The manager's job is on the line & he can't afford to wait, they have to produce.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

It seems you have watched many more Brazil matches then I have Ted, and you are probably right. My point is Robbie is not a natural winger and does not do well in defending. It might work for Brazil because they have a solid left back and they defend more from midfield and cover well for each other. I am sure Robbie will be much happier playing in a more inside position.

I'd be happy to see Robbie play anywhere that works if we can get the best out of him but will he do it or will he just drift back to the left? The stars of Brazil's team have been the keeper, defence & defensive midfield imo. They get absolutely overrun in some games yet still somehow keep the ball out of the net!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I should imagine Robbie and Ade are gonna carry on playing the way they were which was pretty good.Good enough to keep them starting for their national teams(which arnt bad teams)

The question is whether the kind of football played in certain other countries & in internationals works week in week out in the PL. I firmly believe it doesn't. Against some teams it's fine but the week after you can be asked a completely different set of questions & you get mugged. If these players want to play regularly they have to adapt. I believe they're trying to do that but so far they're only succeeding 50% of the time. That has to improve if they're to stay. The manager's job is on the line & he can't afford to wait, they have to produce.

If your saying that the level of international football is different to PL footie I'd agree with you(for me in a lot of cases it is better).But I think players like Robson bring that level to the PL and it is more a case of the rest of the team not being at that level which makes the approach of the other players in the team make Robbie look like he is not being as effective as he is with Brazil.
I think when we get more players of the standard of Robbie we will see the best of him.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

If your saying that the level of international football is different to PL footie I'd agree with you(for me in a lot of cases it is better).But I think players like Robson bring that level to the PL and it is more a case of the rest of the team not being at that level which makes the approach of the other players in the team make Robbie look like he is not being as effective as he is with Brazil.
I think when we get more players of the standard of Robbie we will see the best of him.

Well as I said in a previos post, I've watched every internationaL game he's played over the past few years & he's exactly the same for Brazil as he is for City imo & was for Madrid. He spent long spells out of the Madrid team & unless he becomes more consistant, the same will happen at City. His skill is unquestionable but in other aspects he's not been good enough, including retaining the ball. I hope he sorts it out because I love watching him play.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:This ain't a 'Something to moan About' thread, it is a question of whether these 2 players are the future of our club. So give up moaning about moaning

The threadstarter summarised his post
Beefymcfc wrote:do you think they will be on their way out because of their Superstar attitudes?
like it's a fact they have superstar attitudes and that's why they may not last here.

I'll stop now, I just get so down with the negativity, it seems every post is made with an agenda rather than being balanced.

Cheers mate, however if you take the original question in it's entirity, not just your selective reading, it is there to provoke debate, and from what I'm reading, this is not a negative thread by any means. It is actually turned out to be very positive about the 2 players mentioned with honest opinions from good posters, which is how I mean't it. Thanks for the concern though ;-)

The original question (in full):
'Are these 2 the future of Man City or do you think they will be on their way out because of their Superstar attitudes?'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:i actually thought robbie and ade was younger than what they was but there both 25 surely they should be reaching there peaks? I really believe robbie is not strong enough for the english game. With ade i agree with the poster above who said he is having to run around like a headless chicken rather than concentrate on scoring goals.

But i just have a feeling that felipe caceido is the future drogba! he is only 21 still learning his trade if he can work on his decision making and movement a little more i think he is a perfect goal machine. I heard he is doing shit in lisbon but i think the english game is perfect for him. I think jo at everton would be more suited to spain or lisbon rather than england also.

You could say weiss is the future of city but once again i havent seen him enough in premier league games to make a decision.

I wish robiinho would take a leaf out of SWP's book about getting stuck in and riding the tackles.

Robinho's not good enough but Caicedo is new Drogba. Oh dear.

I didnt say he " is " but i have a feeling he could be. Awesome left foot , very powerful just need sthe right guidance. I watched a few of his goals for city the other night and i just thought the signs are there just needs bringing on.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum