Robbie and Ade - Are They The Future?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robbie and Ade - Are They The Future?

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:03 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:You say they have superstar attitudes like it is a fact. Either you lot are easily manipulated by the media or you just want to believe the negative stories about our club and players.

Seems like alot of people on here aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.

This ain't a 'Something to moan About' thread, it is a question of whether these 2 players are the future of our club. So give up moaning about moaning, as I would like to think these 2 players can become Man City, similar to the likes of Goater and Kinky.

And guess what, it beats talking about Hughes, Cooke and all the other crap that's going on!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:After watching some, let's say, underwhelming games from these 2 lately, there seems to be some renewed vigour from all quarters that these 2 can change the face of the club. Manc-io has suggested that Robbie can make history with the club and Ade needs to get his confidence back to be a City and Premier League hit again.

Now, I know that our attacking options aren't really a problem, but these 2 alone cost the owners just short of 57 million. I believe that these 2 not playing regularly or consistently had a baring on Hughes' departure, especially as the Sheikh's 'We are Here' signing seemed not to be first on the team sheet.

So, enough of the waffle, what I'm wondering is 'Are these 2 the future of Man City or do you think they will be on their way out because of their Superstar attitudes?'.

Over to you.

I think the criticism of both of them is somewhat unfair.
When we were attacking this week against Mackems, RSC was probably more effective going forward than Ade has been past couple of games but for me when we were defending corners and set pieces then RSC didnt seem to be as effective to me as Ade has been.So this acussation of laziness I would question.To me his style is different and you might not see him huffing and puffing but I do think there is plenty of effort there.
I think Robson is being made a scapegoat somewhat.If Bellers does so much defending why did the Mackems score 3 goals aswell.If you watch their 3rd goal you'll see that Mackem player just waltz past Sylvinho and Bellers, easily, and that wasn't the only time it happened in the match.

You are right in certain respects but the fact remains that Ade is not there for his defensive duties, but to attack the opposition defence and put the ball in the back of the net. Like I've said in another thread, Robbie for me would be the first name on the team sheet as he opens so much space for other players, as he shown prior to his injury. However, with Craig doing so well since he came in, you cannot argue that he doesn't deserve a starting place. So, if that's the case, will Mancio push Robbie inside and leave Craig out on the left?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:37 pm

dikdik wrote:Could it simply be a question of weather. South American and African players, to me, just seem to perform better in the sunshine. Or is that an oversimplification?

I quite agree with you there, especially for Robbie. I said a while ago that I thought Robbie 'Needs the Love' and that's why he was playing great at home, but not so away. Hopefully Mancio can address this problem and motivate the pair to set this side of their character aside.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
dikdik wrote:Could it simply be a question of weather. South American and African players, to me, just seem to perform better in the sunshine. Or is that an oversimplification?

I quite agree with you there, especially for Robbie. I said a while ago that I thought Robbie 'Needs the Love' and that's why he was playing great at home, but not so away. Hopefully Mancio can address this problem and motivate the pair to set this side of their character aside.

Mate i understand your points but dont you think for 32.5 mill he should a bit better.

For £160,000.00 a WEEK I dont think we should be making excuses for him.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Kladze » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:33 pm

It may sound simplistic but, for me, Robinho's main problems are 1) His instant control of the ball should see him able to move it on with much more pace - he often seems to want to dwell on it for my liking .... and 2) if the game isn't going our way ( especially away obviously) he doesn't seem to have the desire to actually force himself to be available / involved.

Read a stat recently which 'suggested' that he'd only sprinted for a total of 38 yards during one game. Doubt that's true but it does sort of sum him up.

Could be a wonderful player but I've yet to see it apart from rare glimpses.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:39 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Mate i understand your points but dont you think for 32.5 mill he should a bit better.

I'm not making excuses mate, I'm doing a 'Catch Phrase'... say what you see. Just because you are paid a lot of money does not mean that you have no emotions/feelings/characteristics. Robbie does need to be loved and feel that he is within the bussom of all those who see him; it's not an excuse, it's an observation.

On the other hand, Ade just doesn't seem to be arsed sometimes, is that to do with his 25 mil price tag and 140 grand a week or is there something else?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm not making excuses mate, I'm doing a 'Catch Phrase'... say what you see. Just because you are paid a lot of money does not mean that you have no emotions/feelings/characteristics. Robbie does need to be loved and feel that he is within the bussom of all those who see him; it's not an excuse, it's an observation.

On the other hand, Ade just doesn't seem to be arsed sometimes, is that to do with his 25 mil price tag and 140 grand a week or is there something else?

If i'm honest I think they both would rather be elsewhere mate. As much as we love our club, top class superstars don't look at MCFC like we do.....yet.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Mancini will try to get him playing but so far this season both Bellamy & Petrov have been better than him. If he doesn't produce quickly, Mancini will dump him because his arse is on the line & he can't afford the time. I would love him to succeed because I love flair players but I fear he's more suited to Spanish football than the PL. Really hope I'm wrong.

TH I agree he has been out played by both of them, but let's keep one thing in mind, he has been miscast as a left side player. While he is gifted enough to play anywhere, why not play him at his strength and then we can really see what we got in him?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Grob » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Robinho has a rare ability. He has footballing talent coming out of his ears. That talent needs to be incorporated into a team and thats yet to happen consistantly.

For that talent to be so poor away from home and often wasted is tragic.

I hope Mancini can build a winning team around Robinho because if he does it will be great to watch.

Adebayor is not one of the worlds elite strikers and far from it. But he was the best out there who wanted to come last summer and thats why we have him. He's a pretty good player aswell.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby saulman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:29 pm

I reckon Lesleys downfall was his failure to include Robinho. He's a world class player and you don't sit world class players on the bench. If you do, they fuck off somewhere else and in our case, we cannot afford that.
If Brazil can find a spot for him in their starting line-up then Les should have found a spot for him. I'll bet both my nuts that we see a different Robby now that Mancini is in charge and not because he's told to play him, but because Mancini is not a blinkered cock-head and he'll recognise that Robby is actually a brilliant player.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:35 pm

I've no doubt that both will be superb for the next month or so. New manager syndrone will kick in, hope it lasts
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby shawzy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 pm

I cant see Robbie havin a future with City if he keeps being played wide on the left unless the fullback has ready made MF cover ala Barry...He is not a defense player..He would suit playing ahead of Ireland and behind Ade in the centre.Then he would be relieved of more defensive duties and do what he can do best..Create attack and goal scoring opportunitys for the striker and indeed himself.
Ade recently seems to be doing too much of everything..Trackin back,Left side and right, and not really being a target man (headless chicken lately)..The bloke needs a break and needs to have other players doin the donkey work and concentrate on wacking goals in the net..
I cannot wait for the Stoke game to see our new gaffer do his magic with our formation.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Difficult to answer. Robinho may go in the January transfer window and Adebayor will be off to the African Nations in January.

If they stay I would see Robinho having more of a future. He is world class when he delivers and it is up to the manager to provide the defensive platform for Robinho to deliver in attacking for City. To make the top 4 we need an in-form Robinho this season and for the future as we chase European and domestic honours.

Adebayor was impressive in his early games. The suspension had a massive impact on his form. He may prove to be a quality attacking option but as he will be in Africa for January I suspect that Mancini who needs results quickly will build his early team around Santa Cruz or another (Torres?).
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:08 pm

If Mancini thinks they are the future , especially Robinho and it doesn't work out I hope he has the bottle to drop him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:26 pm

I'd definitely sell Robinho, the guy who is hugely talented but he's not consistent enough nor does he turn up for away games. And as a consequence of him not turning up for away games, for me, he is mentally weak and isn't the type of playing we need going forward in the future.

To use an analogy, Robinho is the icing on the cake in a top class side. We are a good side and he's too much of a luxury.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:39 pm

i actually thought robbie and ade was younger than what they was but there both 25 surely they should be reaching there peaks? I really believe robbie is not strong enough for the english game. With ade i agree with the poster above who said he is having to run around like a headless chicken rather than concentrate on scoring goals.

But i just have a feeling that felipe caceido is the future drogba! he is only 21 still learning his trade if he can work on his decision making and movement a little more i think he is a perfect goal machine. I heard he is doing shit in lisbon but i think the english game is perfect for him. I think jo at everton would be more suited to spain or lisbon rather than england also.

You could say weiss is the future of city but once again i havent seen him enough in premier league games to make a decision.

I wish robiinho would take a leaf out of SWP's book about getting stuck in and riding the tackles.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:42 pm

shawzy wrote:I cant see Robbie havin a future with City if he keeps being played wide on the left unless the fullback has ready made MF cover ala Barry...He is not a defense player..He would suit playing ahead of Ireland and behind Ade in the centre.Then he would be relieved of more defensive duties and do what he can do best..Create attack and goal scoring opportunitys for the striker and indeed himself.
Ade recently seems to be doing too much of everything..Trackin back,Left side and right, and not really being a target man (headless chicken lately)..The bloke needs a break and needs to have other players doin the donkey work and concentrate on wacking goals in the net..
I cannot wait for the Stoke game to see our new gaffer do his magic with our formation.

You know Shawzy, I'm right with you there mate!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:48 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:I'd definitely sell Robinho, the guy who is hugely talented but he's not consistent enough nor does he turn up for away games. And as a consequence of him not turning up for away games, for me, he is mentally weak and isn't the type of playing we need going forward in the future.

To use an analogy, Robinho is the icing on the cake in a top class side. We are a good side and he's too much of a luxury.

Exactly, we need to see a consistent performance from him.

Robbie would be good agaisnt the good sides like the sky4 plus villa and spuds and maybe a couple of others who like to play. however, robbie would crash and burn against burnley, hull and stoke for example. We need playerers that are adaptable to all walks of premiership life.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:50 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:Difficult to answer. Robinho may go in the January transfer window and Adebayor will be off to the African Nations in January.

If they stay I would see Robinho having more of a future. He is world class when he delivers and it is up to the manager to provide the defensive platform for Robinho to deliver in attacking for City. To make the top 4 we need an in-form Robinho this season and for the future as we chase European and domestic honours.

Adebayor was impressive in his early games. The suspension had a massive impact on his form. He may prove to be a quality attacking option but as he will be in Africa for January I suspect that Mancini who needs results quickly will build his early team around Santa Cruz or another (Torres?).

Are you sure about the so called Crocky, remembering that he has only played one full game? Personally I thought he has come off the bench well but was still not worthy of a starting spot (proved wrong there of course). Hughes pushed him out to prove a point and he was well worth the 3. Santa Cruz or Ade, now that isa big question?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 am

If Adebayor decides he's going to play then he's an awesome player but he's so different to RSC that the two could easily play together anyway. Ade can swan around on the edge of the box or on the wing as he likes to do but we would still then have RSC in the six yard box rather than the usual yawning space. I think RSC's already dispelled all the utter nonsense that he can't control the ball etc. Both are highly skilled players & just because they're both tall doesn't mean they can't both play. We don't seem to mind playing 7 dwarves so why not 2 tall geezers on occasion?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum