Robbie and Ade - Are They The Future?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robbie and Ade - Are They The Future?

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 am

After watching some, let's say, underwhelming games from these 2 lately, there seems to be some renewed vigour from all quarters that these 2 can change the face of the club. Manc-io has suggested that Robbie can make history with the club and Ade needs to get his confidence back to be a City and Premier League hit again.

Now, I know that our attacking options aren't really a problem, but these 2 alone cost the owners just short of 57 million. I believe that these 2 not playing regularly or consistently had a baring on Hughes' departure, especially as the Sheikh's 'We are Here' signing seemed not to be first on the team sheet.

So, enough of the waffle, what I'm wondering is 'Are these 2 the future of Man City or do you think they will be on their way out because of their Superstar attitudes?'.

Over to you.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Robbie and Ade - Are They The Future?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 am

IT,S HARD TO SAY ISNT IT -

ROBBIE IS WORLD CLASS WHEN HE IS IN THE MOOD - YOU CANNOT PLAY LIKE A WORLD STAR FOR BRASIL ONE WEEK THEN MEDIOCRE FOR US THE NEXT WEEK AS IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE.....AS LONG AS ROBBIE HAS SOMEONE TO PLAY OFF AND WHO IS ON THE SAME WAVE LENGH AS HIM ,AS WAS SUPERMAN UNTIL HE WAS FUCKED AROUND POSITION WISE ,THEN MAYBE HE CAN BE "THE FUTURE" OF OUR TEAM.

LET,S SEE WHAT MANCINI CAN DO WITH HIM
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:47 am

Beefymcfc wrote:After watching some, let's say, underwhelming games from these 2 lately, there seems to be some renewed vigour from all quarters that these 2 can change the face of the club. Manc-io has suggested that Robbie can make history with the club and Ade needs to get his confidence back to be a City and Premier League hit again.

Now, I know that our attacking options aren't really a problem, but these 2 alone cost the owners just short of 57 million. I believe that these 2 not playing regularly or consistently had a baring on Hughes' departure, especially as the Sheikh's 'We are Here' signing seemed not to be first on the team sheet.

So, enough of the waffle, what I'm wondering is 'Are these 2 the future of Man City or do you think they will be on their way out because of their Superstar attitudes?'.

Over to you.

I think the criticism of both of them is somewhat unfair.
When we were attacking this week against Mackems, RSC was probably more effective going forward than Ade has been past couple of games but for me when we were defending corners and set pieces then RSC didnt seem to be as effective to me as Ade has been.So this acussation of laziness I would question.To me his style is different and you might not see him huffing and puffing but I do think there is plenty of effort there.
I think Robson is being made a scapegoat somewhat.If Bellers does so much defending why did the Mackems score 3 goals aswell.If you watch their 3rd goal you'll see that Mackem player just waltz past Sylvinho and Bellers, easily, and that wasn't the only time it happened in the match.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:50 am

Robbi talked about being the best in the world at one point. If he's gonna be regularly out shined by Craig Bellamy (all due respect) then that just aint gonna happen. I think the both (Rob and Ade) need a kick up the arse, if they cant pull their fingers out fuck em off.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:51 am

You say they have superstar attitudes like it is a fact. Either you lot are easily manipulated by the media or you just want to believe the negative stories about our club and players.

Seems like alot of people on here aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 am

Robinho is starting to lose my sympathy - every time he beats a man or 2, turns onto his right foot, shoots across the goal and misses - again! Is this what world superstars are supposed to do? You have to remember he came to us basically because Real couldn't find a way to accomodate him in the team. I'm sure he will be brilliant now for a couple of weeks, and then eventually Mancini will have a problem getting consistent performances from him. Then he will be on the bench, eventually move on. Then he will be brilliant initially before settling down to a new bench. Before you know it his career will be over and everyone wil be talking about what might have been or, more likely nowadays, what a brilliant player that Robinho was!

As for Adebayor he is awesome at times. Needs real man management, more than anyone else, so lets see how Robbie Manc does.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:IT,S HARD TO SAY ISNT IT -

ROBBIE IS WORLD CLASS WHEN HE IS IN THE MOOD - YOU CANNOT PLAY LIKE A WORLD STAR FOR BRASIL ONE WEEK THEN MEDIOCRE FOR US THE NEXT WEEK AS IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE.....AS LONG AS ROBBIE HAS SOMEONE TO PLAY OFF AND WHO IS ON THE SAME WAVE LENGH AS HIM ,AS WAS SUPERMAN UNTIL HE WAS FUCKED AROUND POSITION WISE ,THEN MAYBE HE CAN BE "THE FUTURE" OF OUR TEAM.

LET,S SEE WHAT MANCINI CAN DO WITH HIM

I agree mate.

I think Superman could be the key that unlock's this question. There's no doubt that he brings out the best in Robinho when played in the right role, as I think Mancini will allow him to. In turn, when Robinho is given the space that Ireland gives him with his through balls, then Ade will benefit from not having to drop as wide or deep. Ade had a fantastic understanding with Cesc and there's no reason why he can't directly benefit from Ireland's passing as well.

IMO out and out playmakers are VITAL to where we're going and I'm confident Mancini knows this. Hughes downfall may not have been because he relied on Ade and Robinho, but because he forgot what made us tick last season and tried to chnge the way Ireland plays.

Are these guys the future of city? No one can be sure. But if they get the delivery they need they will play an important part for us.

The future of city is what will be the spine of the team for years to come and we don't know who that is yet. Maybe come
May, we'll have our Terry, Lampard and Drogba. Our Carra, Gerrard and Torres. Our Vidic, Fletcher and Rooney. Our Gallas, Fabregas and Arshavin.

Please god.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:Robinho is starting to lose my sympathy - every time he beats a man or 2, turns onto his right foot, shoots across the goal and misses - again! Is this what world superstars are supposed to do? You have to remember he came to us basically because Real couldn't find a way to accomodate him in the team. I'm sure he will be brilliant now for a couple of weeks, and then eventually Mancini will have a problem getting consistent performances from him. Then he will be on the bench, eventually move on. Then he will be brilliant initially before settling down to a new bench. Before you know it his career will be over and everyone wil be talking about what might have been or, more likely nowadays, what a brilliant player that Robinho was!

As for Adebayor he is awesome at times. Needs real man management, more than anyone else, so lets see how Robbie Manc does.

Every time he beats a man or two.Who else does that?
And his last season here for RM he started 28 league games out of 38 scoring 11 times in La liga.More if you include the CL.So whats this myth that he was a benchwarmer at RM?
This year he has played in 6 matches not fully in most of them and people are writting him off cos he hasn't been MOM in all of them
And ask the RM fans about how they felt about losing Robson.The majority of them were gutted and are somewhat appeased now cos they have Tranny.Apparently Barca have been interested in him cos the Spanish would like to see one of the best players they have seen return to Spain.Crowds that watch Messi,Xavi,Zlatan,Tranny ,Kaka,Villa and players of such calibre want to see Robbie come back cos on his day which is a lot he is better than them.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Robinho is starting to lose my sympathy - every time he beats a man or 2, turns onto his right foot, shoots across the goal and misses - again! Is this what world superstars are supposed to do? You have to remember he came to us basically because Real couldn't find a way to accomodate him in the team. I'm sure he will be brilliant now for a couple of weeks, and then eventually Mancini will have a problem getting consistent performances from him. Then he will be on the bench, eventually move on. Then he will be brilliant initially before settling down to a new bench. Before you know it his career will be over and everyone wil be talking about what might have been or, more likely nowadays, what a brilliant player that Robinho was!

And his last season here for RM he started 28 league games out of 38 scoring 11 times in La liga.More if you include the CL.So whats this myth that he was a benchwarmer at RM?
This year he has played in 6 matches not fully in most of them and people are writting him off cos he hasn't been MOM in all of them
And ask the RM fans about how they felt about losing Robson.The majority of them were gutted and are somewhat appeased now cos they have Tranny.Apparently Barca have been interested in him cos the Spanish would like to see one of the best players they have seen return to Spain.Crowds that watch Messi,Xavi,Zlatan,Tranny ,Kaka,Villa and players of such calibre want to see Robbie come back cos on his day which is a lot he is better than them.

Somewhat??!

They are a MILLION miles away in terms of how good they are and how important they are to their respective teams. A MILLION TIMES.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Mancini will try to get him playing but so far this season both Bellamy & Petrov have been better than him. If he doesn't produce quickly, Mancini will dump him because his arse is on the line & he can't afford the time. I would love him to succeed because I love flair players but I fear he's more suited to Spanish football than the PL. Really hope I'm wrong.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 pm

well both players fit in very nicely with how mancini likes his team to play i.e pace from the wings matched with a large centre forward to aim at so I think we will start to see more of these 2 in a system that suits there style of play much better
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Wooders wrote:well both players fit in very nicely with how mancini likes his team to play i.e pace from the wings matched with a large centre forward to aim at so I think we will start to see more of these 2 in a system that suits there style of play much better

Adebayor won't be here so Mancini's team will be formed without him. If it succeeds Ade may struggle to get a game when he comes back as, once again, Mancini doesn't have time to build for the long term, just has to win every game if possible. Same goes for Toure.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Robbie is class and we will see the best of him for the rest of the sesason. At least I hope so and any judgement on him this year I think would be unfair as he has hardly played a game. Crap in the Spurs game I accept but he will be fine.

Ade I am less sure about .I really do believe he has world class ability but it just isn't seen that often. In the early matches this season he was excellent but along with the quailty and goals went effort , desire and running. After he came back from the supension the goals sort of dried up as did the desire effort and running and consequently as did our victories.He will get his opportunities ( maybe after Januray as he is seemingly injured now I assume as he hasnt been at training)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Somewhat??!

They are a MILLION miles away in terms of how good they are and how important they are to their respective teams. A MILLION TIMES.

Hot and cold enigma v Best player in the world....they must be fucking ropeable.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:44 pm

That's what I'm more optimistic about, if he could manage a nutcase like Ibra for three years without a problem and making him perform week in week out (at least in the domestic league, as the whole team usually went missing in CL, but that happens with Jose too so I'd say it is more linked with Inter than with Mancini) he can make Ade perform, I'm positive of that. This said, I don't agree completely of your criticism of Robinho but he does have a lot to prove now.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Had to laugh the other day when some plank on SSN said that Ade could have got out the way for his og against Chelsea and that this proved he was trying to get Hughes sacked. ?????? WTF ?????
Ade spoiled us in his first few games with his goalscoring but even now his general play and creating space for teammates is brilliant. He drops short, Tevez moves into the gap unmarked, GOAL. So easy when we're on song. All we need is a bit of tightening at the back, probably more full back than centre-half although Toure has been wank for the last fortnight and then the 2 or 3 goals we score will win us most games.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:10 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Robbi talked about being the best in the world at one point. If he's gonna be regularly out shined by Craig Bellamy (all due respect) then that just aint gonna happen. I think the both (Rob and Ade) need a kick up the arse, if they cant pull their fingers out fuck em off.

Totally agree.

Yeah Mark its not that the press like to chat shit, its the fact that robby has been underperforming tremendously. I dont care if hes got the best attitude out their, but he has been shit. He talks of us winning the league and not being possitive enough for him, yet its him that needs to pull his finger out! Added to the fact stroming down the tunnel when ur teamates are down 2-0 isnt the best attitude....
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Nick wrote: its not that the press like to chat shit

Can't believe you have said that. Wow.

Your point about the tunnel storm, I haven't seen footage of it so can't comment although I remember Horlock being booked for aggressive walking, so everything is up for interpretation.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby dikdik » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Could it simply be a question of weather. South American and African players, to me, just seem to perform better in the sunshine. Or is that an oversimplification?
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby kinkylola » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm

I think that robinho and ade have been the victims of mismanagement and tactical naivety on the part of hughes. Yes it is still their job to perform but I think they have been utilized poorly, and in a way that does not play to their strengths or set them up to succeed. I actually think it has been rare to see the type of beautiful "team goals" as we did at points last season, we've had to rely more on individual brillance and hard work from players like bellamy and tevez. Of course there have been great team goals, but in my opinion every aspect of our team has looked more disjointed than last season. Our successes have been down to quality of players managing the scrap draws and wins even though they were dragged down and shackled by the previous system.

We have so many creative forces in our team, and I can't help think that hughes' rigid team structure just wasn't the right fit. If Mancini comes in with a more fluid approach, which I believe he will, it will go along way towards solving our problems as a team.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum