Training Tuesday 22/12

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 22/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 pm

What a fantastic scene, with Carrington all in white and the snow still falling fairly heavily. The footpath at the side of the fence an inch deep in snow and treacherous as hell ( especially for me with stupid slippy trainers on) and the first thing I saw was the City cameraman on his little gantry filming the training.

I was there reasonably early for the past training times but apparently thet came out today at 10am! Not a great surprise on the basis that RSC had said it was 2 sessions today so the first had to be earlier to have time for lunch and a second session. Maybe no lunch at all:)

The trooper that is NMT was already there with his son and chatting to a security guard at the spot where Lewis's season ticket seat is/was. Sounds like the players were doing work in groups separately rather than all being out together at the same time. Defenders working on stuff and then they go in and the forwards come out for a while. We have worked out the defence already though you will be glad to hear. At right full back Zabba as Micah not fit enough yet, 2 centre backs , Toure and Vinnie as they are all we have and 2 left full backs.

Yes that's 2 left full backs playing side by side. The opposition might think they can get at us there but those 2 will sort them out :)
When I got a first glimpse of things it was attacking players practicing 3 touch moves with Brian Kidd in goal. He wasn't acting keeper just using that vantage point to help direct operations. The snow was still falling and after a while they were called in and the midfield and defenders came out to replace them.

They seemed almost to split into 3 groups and one noticeable one was Stevie/NDJ and Barry almost working on their own but clearly moving around each other in that midfield area making quick passes , making space and angles and showing a good first touch and technique. After a short while they all got together at the other end of the pitch to work on some other drills as just one group.

It really was snowing quite hard and even starting to sit on the undersoil pitch so I decided to call it a day. The anticipated arrival of Ant didn't materialise so I trudged off and home. No doubt Egypt didnt have this weather and he was making the most of it somewhere and building a snowman to rival the Sphynx.

Training apparently tomorrow is at 2.30! Maybe inside work and discussions only as there isn't much light left after that but you never know. And on christmas day They will be getting together at a hotel in the evening to prepare for the big match.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 22/12

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Good read doug. 2 left backs that will help. In his press conference yesterday he said we could play 4 2 4 do u recon he ever will do that it souns exciting.

Working Xmas day is a bit harsh is this normal.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby s1ty m » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

Very normal for footballers. The only drawback of their job.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 pm

From what he said at the press conference yesterday he sounded comfortable with any system at all. I would expect he would be happy to play 4.4.2 if it suited the team he was playing against and the players we had available.

My guess would be some kind of 4.3.3 for saturday but it would just be a guess and in any event with the players we have like Bellamy,Robinho ,Ireland and Tevez it's all pretty fluid anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Good read doug. 2 left backs that will help. In his press conference yesterday he said we could play 4 2 4 do u recon he ever will do that it souns exciting.

Xmas day is fairly normal in England even if not anywhere else. They even had games on Xmas day in the " old" days
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Wow Doug you really are a trooper , I know I have thanked you throughout the year but M8 you go above and beyond , Have a great Christmas fella Put your feet up let those trainers dry out.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Cheers. Has anyone seen the footage of Carrington today on SSN. I think they waited for the worst of the weather to show how Mancini is working them hard.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Twobob » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks again Doug, well done for braving the weather!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby irblinx » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Cheers. Has anyone seen the footage of Carrington today on SSN. I think they waited for the worst of the weather to show how Mancini is working them hard.

Tuned in on your recommendation, "Roberto Mancini took his first training session with Manchester City today"!!! Honestly how do they get away with being so bad all the time?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby david yearsley » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Cheers Doug , usual top report but one little detail - we need to double up at RIGHT back coz if we take Etherington out of the game I can´t see Stoke hurting us - just a little tip for Bob ;0)
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby ant london » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Mr H

Apologies for my no-show. I actually didn't get here til VERY late last night after my 16 hour journey home and...well.....I overslept!!

And, I also didn't think they'd be out in this weather??!???!

I hope that we shall be seeing each other on Saturday though?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:Good read doug. 2 left backs that will help. In his press conference yesterday he said we could play 4 2 4 do u recon he ever will do that it souns exciting.

Xmas day is fairly normal in England even if not anywhere else. They even had games on Xmas day in the " old" days

Holidays are the perfect time to have games from a TV ratings standpoint especially on Xmas. Most people are done with Xmas activities by the afternoon. So they have nothing else to do. That’s why the NBA over here always has games on Xmas. They use to have 3 games now it is 5 games. Also I don’t know how it is over there. But over here movie theaters are open and they are packed Xmas night.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby city9_4eva » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Hey Doug, neva replied to your training posts, but always enjoy reading them.
anyway, was Shay, and bellers out there today? and how did they seem?
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:58 pm

city9_4eva wrote:Hey Doug, neva replied to your training posts, but always enjoy reading them.

Yes both out there and just getting on with it in the brief glimpses we got. Nothing to say they were anything but in a good frame of mind.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
city9_4eva wrote:Hey Doug, neva replied to your training posts, but always enjoy reading them.

Yes both out there and just getting on with it in the brief glimpses we got. Nothing to say they were anything but in a good frame of mind.

Surprise surprise.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Kladze » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Doug :)

If there has been one shining beacon on this forum during the Hughes in / out / shake it all about conflicts it has been the daily read of your reports.

Thanks mate. Happy festive season to you :-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:38 pm

ant london wrote:Mr H

Apologies for my no-show. I actually didn't get here til VERY late last night after my 16 hour journey home and...well.....I overslept!!

And, I also didn't think they'd be out in this weather??!???!

I hope that we shall be seeing each other on Saturday though?

Beds are always much comfier in Prestwich mate.

I'll be back at Disco Towers on xmas eve,cannee wait to rest me peepers back at me mother disco's fine abode.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Biamp » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Cheers Doug, great effort as usual.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Cheers Doug great read asusual. :)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Cheers Doug, what a trooper always lke reading your reports.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum