GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US.

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:04 pm

The publicity has led to the club banning newspapers from the training ground so that players will not be faced with negative headlines.

BEST MOVE YET.

SO FUCK OFF YOU VILE BUNCH OF JOURNALISTIC TURDS.

City: Cook did not lie to fans

22/12/2009

Manchester City have been forced to insist they did not lie to fans over when they approached Roberto Mancini to become their new manager.

Mancini revealed on Monday he had met City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak two weeks ago but club chief executive Garry Cook said negotiations with the Italian only began on Thursday - two day before Mark Hughes was sacked.

City have issued a statement saying Cook "absolutely" did not lie to fans.

Cook did state that the decision to consider replacing Hughes was taken three weeks ago but several reports on Tuesday stated the club had been caught out trying to disguise when Mancini was first approach.

The publicity has led to the club banning newspapers from the training ground so that players will not be faced with negative headlines.

Advertisement - article continues below »
EarthShare

Fans have also contacted City to complain about the club's conduct.

A statement on Tuesday said: "Yesterday, CEO Garry Cook and new manager Roberto Mancini together took to the stage to give journalists and, more importantly, our fans the complete picture of the events of the past few days and week.

"The outcome was characterised in way which has suggested that the football club and Garry Cook has lied to its fans. Manchester City Football would like to point out that this is absolutely not the case."

The statement points out that Cook stated during Monday's press conference that "the decision to look at managerial options was taken only three weeks ago after the Hull game, but I think it is important for people to know that Roberto was only offered the job after the Spurs game; we negotiated on Thursday and finalised his agreement on Friday.

Mancini, when questioned when he was first contacted by the club, replied: "Two weeks ago, I met Khaldoon for the first time. But they called me the day after the Tottenham game. Not before." The statement adds: "In light of the fact that both Garry Cook's and Roberto Mancini's responses are consistent, it is with some surprise that we and our fans read some of today's reporting."
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US.

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Im sure they will see them at the petrol station on the way to training.

;-)
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 pm

All's they've got to do is ban them from the ground now. I can't believe we give twats like Collymore and Winter 1st class treatment, slap up meals and all the drink they want when they visit the stadium. From now on, they should give those media sorts access to this priviledge only if they are going to report the truth, and nothing but the truth, rather than their slanted Top 4 bigotted bias!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:All's they've got to do is ban them from the ground now. I can't believe we give twats like Collymore and Winter 1st class treatment, slap up meals and all the drink they want when they visit the stadium. From now on, they should give those media sorts access to this priviledge only if they are going to report the truth, and nothing but the truth, rather than their slanted Top 4 bigotted bias!

I KNOW - I WOULD BAN SERIAL OFFENDERS LIKE THEM FOR GOOD UNTIL THEY KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE THATS WHY IM GLAD WE HAVE BANNED THEM FROM THE TRAINING - GOOD MOVE IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:15 pm

KK, thought this was it but totally different yet similar. UNLOCK could be appropriate ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JonnyAsh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Does that mean that DH is the only one reporting from the training ground now ?
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Henry Winter is good journalist. He thought Hughes should have been given more time and you can disagree with him on that, as I did, but he is the only one who asked Mancini questions about the kind of football City will play and he has usually written stylish and thoughtful articles, so don't lump him in with the papers that are getting on the "let's abuse MCFC" bandwagon.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:All's they've got to do is ban them from the ground now. I can't believe we give twats like Collymore and Winter 1st class treatment, slap up meals and all the drink they want when they visit the stadium. From now on, they should give those media sorts access to this priviledge only if they are going to report the truth, and nothing but the truth, rather than their slanted Top 4 bigotted bias!

I KNOW - I WOULD BAN SERIAL OFFENDERS LIKE THEM FOR GOOD UNTIL THEY KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE THATS WHY IM GLAD WE HAVE BANNED THEM FROM THE TRAINING - GOOD MOVE IMO.

the shit have banned a number of reporters. If fact, there is the famous story of fergie banning shaun custis for something he wrote, and then banning neil custis the following week(working at a completely different paper) simply because he was his brother!!!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:58 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Henry Winter is good journalist. He thought Hughes should have been given more time and you can disagree with him on that, as I did, but he is the only one who asked Mancini questions about the kind of football City will play and he has usually written stylish and thoughtful articles, so don't lump him in with the papers that are getting on the "let's abuse MCFC" bandwagon.

Sorry Bobby but Henry Winter knows two thirds of fuck all. I was half expecting him to dazzle us with his perfect Italian again but on hearing Mancini's English was passable merely launched into a one man version of Panorama. Listen to him on sunday supplement(if you can keep your breakfast down after looking at mcgarry's rat like face) and be sure he's just like the rest albeit with a fucking plum in his gob.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Agreed - a good start
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Excellent work from the club and about time too! The last few days have had me doubting I must confess ... faith fully restored!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:08 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Henry Winter is good journalist. He thought Hughes should have been given more time and you can disagree with him on that, as I did, but he is the only one who asked Mancini questions about the kind of football City will play and he has usually written stylish and thoughtful articles, so don't lump him in with the papers that are getting on the "let's abuse MCFC" bandwagon.

Bobby - you obviously do not see him on Sunday supplement - total smug, arrogant anti-CITY toad
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:45 pm

Sorry Bobby, Henry Winter is a very good correspondent, but he does seem to have something bad to say everytime there is an issue with City. Just because he writes for the Telegraph does not make him impartial, as seen on the Sunday Supplement many a time. The problem in this case is that Winter near enough nailed his mast to Mark Hughes, not Man City, and once the guillotine fell, he had to look after is credibility.

Anyone know which football team Winter supports?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Chinners wrote:Excellent work from the club and about time too! The last few days have had me doubting I must confess ... faith fully restored!

Ha ha ha, did you ever question it??? ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:06 pm

To be honest, yes. The way last weekend panned out was very unlike the previous superb PR the club had done. I was beginning to think they'd spawned it!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Chinners wrote:To be honest, yes. The way last weekend panned out was very unlike the previous superb PR the club had done. I was beginning to think they'd spawned it!

The truth is, there's no good way to do what the club have had to do, but at least we did it correctly. And we didn't blag about the new bloke!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Carl, I think you might have missed another made up story.

They probably just sent someone down to have a gawk at training (or just heard from someone else bitching) and found out about the fence. In tabloid-speak you just make up that Cook has thrown his toys out of the pram.

There's a lot to suggest that this is a story from nothing and simply made-up. The story itself is talking about us being annoyed at them making up stories...
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Am I right that all they have done is ban newspapers from the training ground? Not yet banned the tosspot repeorters themsleves or photographers.

Funny really as it has only been done to make a point and it only makes that point if it gets publicised that it's been done. Everyone knows that whether they read them at Carrington or somewhere else or just pick it up from the net or tv the players will still see and hear the same thing.

And why exactly is it great news for all of us? What have I missed?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:27 pm

They must have read my response earlier today and though, well done that man.... lol.

I however, think that the press have a massive role to play in our future. We should remove the idiots who are out to ensure they write bad things about us no matter what the situation. We should encourage a balanced view and reward those who write the truth, even if it is not great towards city with exclusives. This will ensure the idiot journos do not get any lifeline at city.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:16 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Am I right that all they have done is ban newspapers from the training ground? Not yet banned the tosspot repeorters themsleves or photographers.

Funny really as it has only been done to make a point and it only makes that point if it gets publicised that it's been done. Everyone knows that whether they read them at Carrington or somewhere else or just pick it up from the net or tv the players will still see and hear the same thing.

And why exactly is it great news for all of us? What have I missed?

SEEING AS THERE WAS BITCHING FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE FENSE OVER RECENT EVENTS - BANNING ANYTHING TO DO WITH JOURNALISM FORM THE TRAINING GROUND WAS "GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF US" AS WE WOULD ALL AGREE ON THIS COURSE OF ACTION.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum