talksport right now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

talksport right now

Postby kinkylola » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm

whoever is on with collymore is saying that city, chelsea, tottenham are going to be the powerhouse teams of the next decade and teams like liverpool and utd should get used to saying they were good last decade.

quite forcifully too.

Collymore is still a cock though. Talking about how we will always be getting 6,7,8th pick of players behind teams in the prem above us ... and even though we fill 50,000 people in a stadium we think we're big. ass.

edit: though collymore seems to think that liverpool and utd. could go bankrupt ... which put a smile on my face.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: talksport right now

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 pm

collycunt really found his level with that station.

its like the sun on air.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:02 pm

kinkylola wrote:whoever is on with collymore is saying that city, chelsea, tottenham are going to be the powerhouse teams of the next decade and teams like liverpool and utd should get used to saying they were good last decade.

quite forcifully too.

Collymore is still a cock though. Talking about how we will always be getting 6,7,8th pick of players behind teams in the prem above us ... and even though we fill 50,000 people in a stadium we think we're big. ass.

It's Mark Saggers....the same Cnut who was saying we were a bag of shite over the last day or so. These Pundits are simply contradicting themselves week in week out

A couple of weeks ago, Cascarino was saying he'd be suprised if Hughes got to last the full season...He gets the sack and Cascarino is lambasting us left right and centre...The same stuff from Hansen and Lawrenson on MOTD. I'm now not listening to pundits because I know that as soon as we win something, their tongues will be out.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby kinkylola » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 pm

only british sports talk that I can seem to stream over here in the US ... shit, but it's something to pass the day at work.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Collymore is a complete and utter clunt. He basically starts the show taunting every club in an attempt to get people to phone in, then lambasts them for doing so (not as bad as Durhham though). I used to have it on in the car because I knew it would have plenty of footie talk, however with all the shit being thrown at City I've gone to the softy softness of Tameside FM ;-)

PS. I had the displeasure to meet Collymore in the City Press Room, needless to say that he was sat on his own and not many wnated to associate with him. Strange that?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goataldo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 pm

If they weren't spewing inflammatory bile, people would just think; 'Hmm, that sounds reasonable' and not phone in. It's a formula that seems to work though. Darren Gough always makes me laugh, he sounds like a drunken seven year old. But then drunken 7 years olds shouldn't be presenting a radio show.

Anyone noticed how much they seem to love Harry Redknapp on that station? always sticking up for him and his 'achievements' and getting soundbites from him.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:19 pm

their currently picking team of the decade.
van de sar in goal
g, neville right back, says it all really.
rag lovers.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby edgeley blue » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:54 pm

the tosser is delierating about shearer
or drogba.
No contest
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:05 pm

I personall like and enjoy listening to Talksport most of the time..... they do have some good debates on there and sometimes make some very good points, you just have to read between the lines and the bullshit..... while the do make some good and valid points you also have to be aware of the fact that they will spout spurious amounts of bullshit but this is only to illicit a response from you (the listener) in the hope that you will ring them, thus paying them.......
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:07 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:If they weren't spewing inflammatory bile, people would just think; 'Hmm, that sounds reasonable' and not phone in. It's a formula that seems to work though. Darren Gough always makes me laugh, he sounds like a drunken seven year old. But then drunken 7 years olds shouldn't be presenting a radio show.

Anyone noticed how much they seem to love Harry Redknapp on that station? always sticking up for him and his 'achievements' and getting soundbites from him.

I actually like listening when Goughies on as he does the understudy duties so well. Yes, he sounds like a 7 year old, but it is good entertainment; sometimes he sounds like he wants to punch Durnham's lights out.

TalkSport = Listen but don't hear, it's just not worth understanding.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 pm

edgeley blue wrote:the tosser is delierating about shearer
or drogba.
No contest

So, what's the answer to 'No Contest'? For me, I couldn't pick between them.

Oh, go on then, Shearer!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 am

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:If they weren't spewing inflammatory bile, people would just think; 'Hmm, that sounds reasonable' and not phone in. It's a formula that seems to work though. Darren Gough always makes me laugh, he sounds like a drunken seven year old. But then drunken 7 years olds shouldn't be presenting a radio show.

Darren Gough once gave me some money when I was out busking one night. Love that man.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:46 am

Ahhh Stan Collymore - what a reliable, stable good man in society he is.

He and white van man radio fit together like Tiger Woods and a room full of hookers
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum