City v Stoke

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City v Stoke

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:43 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote: Surely he cant drop Tevez or Bellers on their current form, and after the way RSC played against Sunderland, he's got to be starting as well. So where will Robbie play? Will Bellamy drop into a midfield role?

Surely he can. He's a new manager and in my opinion he needs to really take the bull from its horns straight away.
If Mancio feels the best XI doesn't include someone, whoever that might be, he will not be playing - simple as.
Everything will now start over again. Everyone must convince him, starting on Monday I think - especially if he hasn't seen our latest games.
A good professional wouldn't moan if he was axed from the starting line-up. He would fight his way back to the starting XI by proving the manager wrong in training or wherever he has the chance to do so. And that is what I expect from every Manchester City player.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:02 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote: Surely he cant drop Tevez or Bellers on their current form, and after the way RSC played against Sunderland, he's got to be starting as well. So where will Robbie play? Will Bellamy drop into a midfield role?

Surely he can. He's a new manager and in my opinion he needs to really take the bull from its horns straight away.
If Mancio feels the best XI doesn't include someone, whoever that might be, he will not be playing - simple as.
Everything will now start over again. Everyone must convince him, starting on Monday I think - especially if he hasn't seen our latest games.
A good professional wouldn't moan if he was axed from the starting line-up. He would fight his way back to the starting XI by proving the manager wrong in training or wherever he has the chance to do so. And that is what I expect from every Manchester City player.

Also it's fairly sure that Bellers wont be playing Sat and Mon. So Robbie Manc has to pick which match. He may prefer him away at Wolves and then the smoggies, and rest him against Stoke for Robson.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:31 am

in terms of selection , the only thing for me is that RSC HAS to keep his place.

We have injuries pretty much all over the rest of the park so it's going to be a patched-up XI we put out on satdi, whoever ends up playing.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:53 am

I like the idea of Barry at left back. Even Spanish gaz would be better than Sylvinho right now. If Robson is fit, he should start. He frightened them to death last season.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:17 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Its a tough one isn't it? I have no idea. Lewis' competition will be low scoring this week.
For me, these are big questions for this one;

What formation will he play and will he start Robinho and if so where?

Surely he cant drop Tevez or Bellers on their current form, and after the way RSC played against Sunderland, he's got to be starting as well. So where will Robbie play? Will Bellamy drop into a midfield role?

This is a total guess but I think we may line up like this. I dont like our left side though? Not exactly solid defensively.

Given

Zabba Toure Kompany Sylvinho

Bellamy De Jong Ireland Robinho

RSC Tevez

I'd change Sylvinho for Barry and Micah for Zabba in that otherwise thats the team for me with Vlad taking Bellars place on about 70 mins unless Bellars is playing for his hatrick.And Petrov on for Robbie at about 65/70 mins.
Last edited by Rag_hater on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:23 am

------------------Given

Zabba-----Toure-----Kompo-----Sly

-------Ireland----------Bazza

--------------Robinho

Tevez-------Adebayor-----Bellers

yeah motherfucker
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Martinez wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:Only thought I have, is that, no-one I have seen so far has mentioned Weiss...... I honestly think it is entirely possible Weiss might flourish under Mancini..... I undersatnd the qualitites SWP brought to the side and why his qualities were needed, but is it not within the realms of possibility that Bob may see him as the ideal player to play on the opposite side of Robi, Imagine how many defences will run scared if you have players of the ilk of Robi and (potentially, based on the glimpses we have seen so far of the lad) Weiss attacking each side......

My team - and this is purely based on a comment from dougs training report about us training with two left backs playing in defence, I wonder if we will play a 5-4-1 with the full backs getting forward but still leaving 3 defenders at the back and still leaving two in Midfield.... Ireland should be given the reign to go forward while I expect barry to sit back more (of course NDJ could play aswell - I was going for left and Right footed balance) and I expect to see one of SWP/Tevez/Weiss on the Right, and either Robi/Bellers on the left with Either Tevez/Santa up front.

There is a reason I am not a football manager and fully expect some of you lot on here to rip holes through the below!

------------------Given----------------------

---------Toure--Kompany--Sylvinho--------

Zabba-------------------------------Garrido

---------------Ireland---Barry---------------

Weiss/Tevez--------------------------Robi/Bellamy

----------------Santa/Tevez--------------

I read the report as well, and I like the idea of actually adressing the defensive problem by changing the team rather than just telling the defenders and midfielders to defend better.

It looks quite negative though, doesn't it? We will leave a lot of talent on the bench if we apply a system like this, but it could just be to get that clean sheet and some peace and quiet back to the defense.
Ade is injured right? he wasn't training yesterday for sure, does no-one read Dougs posts anymore?

I don't fully agree that it's negative..... as it pretty much allows us to play as we do near enough, but means we have 3 defenders at the back.... I read somewhere aswell that Bob has said that he wants the defence to pass to the midfield and the midfield get it wide..... with two wing backs and two unorthodox inside forwards who like to play wide it could make sense that this formation would work......

Guess we'll see on Satdi
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I actually like the look of that formation mate, and with a few alterations it looks like Christmas Tree ;-)
pepsi_dave wrote:[center]Given

Toure--Kompany--Sylvinho

Zabba-------------------------------Garrido

---------------Ireland---Barry---------------

Weiss/Tevez--------------------------Robi/Bellamy

----------------Santa/Tevez--------------
[ ]
----
\ /[/center]
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BJTOUSERB » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:10 pm

hope he gets off to a win 2-nil
BJTOUSERB
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby Pike1975 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:45 pm

New to this site so a big hello to everyone. If the injuries are as bad as is being reported then i can see the following for the weekend

Given
Zabeleta Kompany toure Garrido
bellamy Ireland Barry Robinho
Tevez RSC

Obviously plenty of options going forward its at the back which causes the usual concern. Lets hope mancini has them better organised as a unit and actually gets defenders to ATTACK the ball when balls are delivered into our box. This has drove me mad for weeks, how our defenders wait for the ball to come to them then get caught napping.
Pike1975
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Craig Bellamy

Postby daveh1962 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Given

Zabaleta Kompany Toure Silvinho

Bellamy NDJ Barry Robinho

Tevez RSC

The problem that Silvinho had was the pace of Lennon but Stoke dont have that flier so I would stick with him he is a good footballer
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:23 pm

.............Given
Zabba Toure Kompany Sly
..........NDJ Bazza
Tevez....................Robi
...........RSC ADE

4-4-2 but is fluid and more like a 4-2-4 when going forward.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gilford » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Excuse me if this has been answered, but what is this game being showed/streamed on?

I
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby peg-6 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:17 am

1st half:
........Given

Zabaleta Kompany Toure Silvinho
.........NDJ Barry
Tevez.............Petrov