I just bumped into Khaldoon..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I just bumped into Khaldoon..

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:37 pm

.. at a sportswear shop in Marina Mall AD (he wasnt getting Umbro products btw, I think we are getting Puma next year) and he was keen on having a quick chat.. I dont know if this deserved its own thread but he clearly doesnt give a shit about all this media bollocks as its a waste of time and all he cares about is what's left from the season.. which I liked..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Re: I just bumped into Khaldoon..

Postby ashton287 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:59 pm

is this bullshit or wat?? you dont just "bump into" these people

im a fan of being sponsered by umbro also i say bring back BROTHER
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:03 pm

It's important he appreciates what City means to ordinary folk who grew up or live in cold and rainy Manchester as he looks out on all that sun and wealth and sparkling ocean. Change is good, and he could make more than anyone in our history, but City's soul must go on for ever.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:14 pm

ashton287 wrote:is this bullshit or wat?? you dont just "bump into" these people

when you live or have relatives living there you might.

what did he actually say AD? and are you joking about the Puma thing? i think the umbro story is really fantastic...best kits in the Prem by a mile and a half.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sharkey » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:15 pm

In London? did you have a chat about "football in general". i hear its a common occurence for kaldoon
sharkey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Elvistheblue » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
ashton287 wrote:is this bullshit or wat?? you dont just "bump into" these people

when you live or have relatives living there you might.

what did he actually say AD? and are you joking about the Puma thing? i think the umbro story is really fantastic...best kits in the Prem by a mile and a half.

cheers

I don't think we'll be wearing Puma next season...I'm sure the Umbro deal was a ten year deal.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:20 pm

sharkey wrote:In London? did you have a chat about "football in general". i hear its a common occurence for kaldoon

in London? the post says "in Marina Mall in AD."

reading is an art form. Ask Vhero for some tips if you need them.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby The Original Special One » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:.. at a sportswear shop in Marina Mall AD (he wasnt getting Umbro products btw, I think we are getting Puma next year) and he was keen on having a quick chat.. I dont know if this deserved its own thread but he clearly doesnt give a shit about all this media bollocks as its a waste of time and all he cares about is what's left from the season.. which I liked..

did he actually use the term "media bollocks"?
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby King Kev » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:.. at a sportswear shop in Marina Mall AD (he wasnt getting Umbro products btw, I think we are getting Puma next year) and he was keen on having a quick chat.. I dont know if this deserved its own thread but he clearly doesnt give a shit about all this media bollocks as its a waste of time and all he cares about is what's left from the season.. which I liked..

Please tell us, word for word, how the conversation went. I love stuff like this!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:40 pm

What did he say mate? I doubt its puma next year, didnt we just sign like the biggest deal ever with Umbro.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Tell us, tell us!!
Original Dub

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Come on tell. Don't be such a tease.....
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby irblinx » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Is that the Sports shop that has a little rack of City shirts (or at least did a while back), nearly opposite the Bench shop?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 pm

So mate, you leave apost like that and just don't bother telling us the ins and outs.

And I can see you're logged in you bastard.
Original Dub

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Of course the Puma thing was a joke.
Why? you didnt hear we are getting puma?!!

Well it wasnt a long chat. I was just entering the store when I saw him on the cashier checking out. Normal Arabic greeting at the entrance then I introduced my City enthusiasm and mentioned to him that I try to attend games whenever I can and that I attended the Chelsea game which he showed his appreciation to. I said "the English media isnt the most supportive is it?" and he said you cant control their irrationality and that we dont work for them, we work for the fans and we still have the bigger part of the season ahead. Something to that extent. Then I told him how great I thought they've been doing and wished him good luck.

And yes, you can almost bump into anyone in AD, anyone. Even Sheikhs. Some of them even have open sessions to meet people at their place twice a week.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:38 pm

irblinx wrote:

Is that the Sports shop that has a little rack of City shirts (or at least did a while back), nearly opposite the Bench shop?

Well, I'm not sure which shop had the City shirts as I ordered all my city stuff from the OS, but i suppose so. It was the shop with Nike, Addidas, Umbro and all that stuff. I didnt notice any city shirt though because I got what I wanted from the front of the shop.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:Of course the Puma thing was a joke.

Well it wasnt a long chat. I was just entering the store when I saw him on the cashier checking out. Normal Arabic greeting at the entrance then I introduced my City enthusiasm and mentioned to him that I try to attend games whenever I can and that I attended the Chelsea game which he showed his appreciation to. I said "the English media isnt the most supportive is it?" and he said you cant control their irrationality and that we dont work for them, we work for the fans and we still have the bigger part of the season ahead. Something to that extent. Then I told him how great I thought they've been doing and wished him good luck.

And yes, you can almost bump into anyone in AD, anyone. Even Sheikhs. Some of them even have open sessions to meet people at their place twice a week.
Love it!!

Cheers for sharing AD :o)
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lythamblue » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:17 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:and mentioned to him that I try to attend games whenever I can and that I attended the Chelsea game which he showed his appreciation to.

Did you mention to him that you sat in one of MY seats ...... and that I could do with a seat warmer for cold winter night matches and a nice food and drink kiosk of my own so I don't have to send one of the kids to queue at half time?

Did you tell him that if he can arrange the above, he can join me on spiral J at half time for a swift smoke ...... and if you were there you would give him some of that Arabic shit that you smoke in a pipe?

Hmmmmm ...... just thought you might have engaged in some important conversation!

Enjoy the sun mate ..... it's snowing again here.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CitizenYank » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:29 am

lythamblue wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:and mentioned to him that I try to attend games whenever I can and that I attended the Chelsea game which he showed his appreciation to.

Did you mention to him that you sat in one of MY seats ...... and that I could do with a seat warmer for cold winter night matches and a nice food and drink kiosk of my own so I don't have to send one of the kids to queue at half time?

Did you tell him that if he can arrange the above, he can join me on spiral J at half time for a swift smoke ...... and if you were there you would give him some of that Arabic shit that you smoke in a pipe?

Hmmmmm ...... just thought you might have engaged in some important conversation!

Enjoy the sun mate ..... it's snowing again here.

If I could buy that wacky tobaccy at the Stadium I'd fucking immigrate!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:07 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:Of course the Puma thing was a joke.

that's top stuff mate! Next time you see him, tell him that I worship the earth under his feet for saving our club and giving us future.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum