Mancini best of both worlds

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini best of both worlds

Postby psut1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ro ... 66309.html

New Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini isn’t bothered by the pundits who say he may struggle to adapt to the unique demands of the English games, claiming Italian managers and British players are a good mix.

He can point to Fabio Capello’s success with the national side and he is confident he can satisfy the demanding Sheikh Mansour.

“The Premier League is, for me, the best there is,” said Mancini, who revealed he had received a good luck call from ex-City boss Sven Goran Eriksson. “It is better for Italian football that there are several coaches working here.

“It is good experience. Italian managers are good technically and tactically and, coupled with the spirit and mentality of British players and clubs, it is a good mix.

“I think I can do a good job here because we have good players. The training is good and there were no problems.

“I told the players they have to believe in themselves and that we can win things if we work hard.

“The top four is the aim and I want a good run in the FA Cup too. Hopefully we can get to two finals.

“Sixth place in the league is not good for me and hopefully in a month’s time that will have improved and we will have made progress in the cups too.

“I know how important the cups are in England, in Italy they only become so at the semi-final stage.”
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Re: Mancini best of both worlds

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Thats just the softener for the hatchet job to follow over the weekend. Print parts of an interview, then make up shit. They've been at it for years now, no wonder we are getting a bit sensitive. DENY THEM ACCESS!!!
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby ashton287 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:52 pm

managers are good technically and tactically and, coupled with the spirit and mentality of British players and clubs, it is a good mix

so basically were the downsyndrome kids who get very excited about it all ha
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:16 am

It'd be nice if we had a few British kids, wouldn't it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum