Fat Sam blames City stars

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fat Sam blames City stars

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:10 am

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce believes the sacking of Mark Hughes at Manchester City was the 'ultimate sacrifice' after players ignored a duty to perform for their former boss.

Allardyce thinks that the expensively-assembled squad at Eastlands failed to live up to their high salaries and as a result cost their manager his job, with Roberto Mancini immediately appointed as a replacement on Saturday.

The Blackburn chief is disappointed for Hughes and does not think it is fair that the manager is always the one to be fired.

Allardyce said: "It looks like player performances have been the key issue rather than results.

"It looks like that has been the ultimate problem for Mark and that's very, very disappointing when he's gone out and he's brought those players to a club like that with huge amounts of money, not just in transfer fees but also in salaries.

"These are the sort of salaries they would never get anywhere else in the world of football in their entire careers.

"They had an obligation to have done and given more and from afar it looks like they haven't done so.

"That to me looks like it's triggered the ultimate sacrifice which is the manager - we are always the first to get chopped and that's a great shame."

Allardyce added that Hughes, who left Blackburn 18 months ago to take over at City, had not been given enough time.

"He will be frustrated because it's never happened to him before, it's his first one which is always more difficult," he said.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Fat Sam blames City stars

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:16 am

I'd agree with most of that, although I think his choices at the back were odd to say the least, not one of them has performed to the level they had at their previous clubs.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:45 am

It was Hughes who bought those players.

Anyway, I'm tired of all the Hughes arguments. Whether you thought his tenure was like dancing to 'Everybody Dance Now' on top of the rainbow or like being banged in the wrong one by red devil, the point is HE IS GONE NOW. He will soon fade into just another memory of just another manager.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby irblinx » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:37 am

Interesting considering so much was made of the fact that Hughes went to great pains to sign players with Premier League experience and thoroughly researched their attitudes etc to make sure that they fit in to his work ethic. It's a typical Manager thing to blame players for letting their boss down but the Manager's job is to make sure that doesn't happen, considering Hughes bought them all too I just don't understand how anyone can take the stance that the buck stops anywhere other than with him
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:24 am

We're a few points off fourth place & in the semi final of a cup. For a team that's had a brand new spine brought in just a few months ago, I think that's excellent from both players & manager. Better than I was expecting at this stage of the season anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:01 am

I have to agree with both camps - the players certainly underperformed many many times recently and yes - it is hughes most important duty to motivate them - but again players at that level shouldnt need that much motivation ffs - they are here to win stuff and paid handsomely to do just that
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:We're a few points off fourth place & in the semi final of a cup. For a team that's had a brand new spine brought in just a few months ago, I think that's excellent from both players & manager. Better than I was expecting at this stage of the season anyway.

Strip out Adebayor's purple patch in the first 4 games though and it looked very dire. No amount of spin can change that.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Return to The Maine Football forum