Pandev anyone?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pandev anyone?

Postby Lee_Kinda » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:03 am

Tottenham and Chelsea eye Lazio's Goran Pandev
Macedonia striker Goran Pandev can leave Lazio for free with immediate effect after an Italian league commission agreed to cancel his contract, alerting both Tottenham and Chelsea in the January transfer window.

The 26-year-old has not played for the Serie A club this term after being banished for asking for a move in the close-season.
"Pandev's appeal has been upheld by the league commission, which ruled in our favour. Goran's contract with Lazio has therefore been resolved," lawyer Mattia Grassani said.

Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus have been linked with moves for Pandev and Inter boss Jose Mourinho mentioned him as a potential replacement for African Nations Cup-bound forward Samuel Eto'o. Chelsea have also been eyeing Pandev ever since former manager Luiz Felipe Scolari first showed interest last year.
"It's the end of a nightmare. I'm sorry for Lazio and the fans. I've been treated shamefully," Pandev said.
Lazio have struggled this term without their most consistent performer for the last two seasons, but club president Claudio Lotito had been adamant that Pandev deserved such severe punishment and would not be sold.
"The sentence was already written," a bitter Lotito told Radio Radio, referring to his unhappiness with the makeup of the specially-convened commission.
"It doesn't finish here. We will see who will win in the end."
Pandev, whose deal with the Rome club was to run out in June anyway, could have left for Zenit St Petersburg for around 15 million euros last summer, according to media reports.
Lazio have now missed out on recouping any money while Grassani said the commission had ruled they would have to pay 160,000 euros in damages and legal costs for the treatment of Pandev, who has trained alone for five months.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... andev.html
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Pandev anyone?

Postby roytoncity » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:24 am

yes please, if his head is in right place, defenders are the priority tho, but a cheeky free one good one esp if it starves Chelsea no one left when Drogba goes the Elk injured and Sturridge not in line and denies tottingham a target
fgfc frank gallagher fan club
roytoncity
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 am

Would be a good signing he looks a quality player,i have a feeling it will be some scramble to get him.With so many clubs with no money they will all be in for him.I reckon Benitez will make a move for him anyway.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Vhero » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:07 am

Why not? Taking him from under 'Arrys nose is always fun too.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Definitely a good signing, Lazio have missed him incredibly this season up front, too bad he wants to stay in Italy (or so he says).
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Only negative I can see is whether he'd be a disruptive influence cos God knows we've had our fill of those. That aside he'd be a very good signing
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum