The official transfer update thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The official transfer update thread

Postby irblinx » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:32 am

The same Mutu that was a drug cheat and then just wandered over to Italy and continued his career as if nothing had happened? I certainly hope not
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ronk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 am

irblinx wrote:The same Mutu that was a drug cheat and then just wandered over to Italy and continued his career as if nothing had happened? I certainly hope not

He took cocaine, he wasn't doping.

Chelsea terminated his contract and he served his ban, then worked his way back up.

But I still wouldn't want us to sign him.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby irblinx » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:47 am

ronk wrote:
irblinx wrote:The same Mutu that was a drug cheat and then just wandered over to Italy and continued his career as if nothing had happened? I certainly hope not

Chelsea terminated his contract and he served his ban, then worked his way back up.

He was caught for taking a banned substance, hence "drug cheat"

He served 6 months after Chelsea sacked him however they sacked him on the 29th October and he "worked his way back up" straight to Juventus in the following January even though he was banned till May (incidentally including a paperwork fiddle to get past Italian registration rules by him signing for another team and then moving to Juve). I'm sure it was more down to his agent and Juve but still wouldn't touch him with a barge pole
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby edge275 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:53 am

irblinx wrote:
ronk wrote:

He served 6 months after Chelsea sacked him however they sacked him on the 29th October and he "worked his way back up" straight to Juventus in the following January even though he was banned till May (incidentally including a paperwork fiddle to get past Italian registration rules by him signing for another team and then moving to Juve). I'm sure it was more down to his agent and Juve but still wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

He also snorted the cocaine off a strippers body. What a guy!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 am

edge275 wrote:
irblinx wrote:
ronk wrote:

Bloody hell! I need to try that but not sniff the cocaine because i dont do drugs and just have sex with the stripper :)
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:26 am

edge275 wrote:
irblinx wrote:
ronk wrote:

me and him would have some top nights out.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Chopper » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:19 am

Thats soo last decade.

I get Strippers to pay for the Charles, then have them suck it out of my arsehole.

If they want to snort it, I get the poppers out.
Chopper

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:17 am

There's not much good left in Mutu imho, he's starting to get old. Besides, I don't think Fiorentina would sell him, they almost did last season to Roma and when the manager was told about it he threatened to resign, so the deal wasn't completed. I can't see him being sold as long as Prandelli stays their manager.

Jovetic, now that could be a good shout, upcoming attacking midfielder/forward who has shown very good qualities for Fiorentina both in the league and in the CL in the last two seasons.

Van Nistelrooy is not a bad shout as a goalscorer and if we play Petrov more under Mancini then I could see RVN bagging some with headers from Petrov's crosses, but he's not a long term solution. I'd go for Dzeko, if we need to buy a big guy up front.

Arda Turan looks class, but on the left we have Petrov, Bellamy and Robinho who will hopefully go back to form under Mancini, and on the right we have SWP and Weiss, who I'd like to see getting some pitch time. If we get Arda Turan, Weiss wouldn't be playing much, would he?
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blueboylewis » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:24 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html

Neven Subotic's agent has played down talk linking the defender with a move to Manchester City.

Fresh reports have suggested City are lining up a mega bid to lure Subotic away from Borussia Dortmund in the January transfer window.

Subotic's future has been the subject of conjecture for some time, with the Serbian international regarded as one of the best young defenders in world football.

The talented 21-year-old has been an ever present for Dortmund in the Bundesliga this term and he only signed a long-term contract last summer.

Subotic's representative, Stephen Kelly, claims the City link is just speculation and admits any move this month is highly unlikely.

"I have not heard anything from anybody at Manchester City. It is just speculation," Kelly told skysports.com.

"I would be really surprised if Neven was to leave Dortmund in January.

"It would take something special for Dortmund to sell him as he is on a long-term contract there."
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum