Gary Cook is starting to sound like Kenyon

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gary Cook is starting to sound like Kenyon

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:44 pm

What a fucking knob this bloke is ! he keeps cocking up on club statements talks in a very schoolboyish manner about important things and seems to try very badly to always be controling all media situations. Peter Kenyon was so far up his own arse he began to believe he was the top man at Chelsea until Roman kicked him out. Its now time to get rid of this very smug twat and find a more acceptable front man than Cook. He is an embarrasment to the club and how he ended up as top man for Nike god knows ! The sooner he goes the better for me. A piece in the Telegraph if only 50% true exposes him as a real liability to MCFC and also a very shallow character with no great fotballing nouse. IMO he is the root cause of some of the off the pitch shite flying around.... I give him 3 months and then perhaps he will have not got his Key Performance Indicators where the Shiek wants them to be. Hopefully he will end up in the fucking bin with Kenyon and others like him.
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Gary Cook is starting to sound like Kenyon

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:48 pm

yeah and we can get kenyon to replace him!!! ;)

got a link for that telegraph article?

on a sidenote anyone no what david dein is doing these days?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 pm

eastlands-lostboy wrote:.... and how he ended up as top man for Nike god knows !

You know he was only in charge of the Jordan brand for a few months. He took the job in January 2008 but was employed by City in May 2008.

http://www.designtaxi.com/news.php?id=15085

Granted he was an International General Manager beforehand but the "top" job was only his for a matter of a couple of months if you factor in notice periods etc.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Mods please can we get a Gary Cook Out sticky thread just like the Hughes Out one?

I can already see how this one is gonna pan out....
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:13 pm

eastlands-lostboy wrote:What a fucking knob this bloke is ! he keeps cocking up on club statements talks in a very schoolboyish manner about important things and seems to try very badly to always be controling all media situations. Peter Kenyon was so far up his own arse he began to believe he was the top man at Chelsea until Roman kicked him out. Its now time to get rid of this very smug twat and find a more acceptable front man than Cook. He is an embarrasment to the club and how he ended up as top man for Nike god knows ! The sooner he goes the better for me. A piece in the Telegraph if only 50% true exposes him as a real liability to MCFC and also a very shallow character with no great fotballing nouse. IMO he is the root cause of some of the off the pitch shite flying around.... I give him 3 months and then perhaps he will have not got his Key Performance Indicators where the Shiek wants them to be. Hopefully he will end up in the fucking bin with Kenyon and others like him.

Do you have a sky blue bandana you could sport to hang out with your crew? Makes Bingo's crew poop in their pants...

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Dubciteh wrote:yeah and we can get kenyon to replace him!!! ;)

got a link for that telegraph article?

on a sidenote anyone no what david dein is doing these days?

something in France maybe? and/or positioning himself with Stan Kroenke when he buys the Arse? one of those? i can't be hassled to google him. sorry.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 pm

How cool it has become to slag Garry Cooke off on a daily basis.

Let's all conveniently forget the good things he has done for the club.

Oh shit, wait a minute, good things aren't cool.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:29 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Mods please can we get a Gary Cook Out sticky thread just like the Hughes Out one?

I can already see how this one is gonna pan out....

SECONDED, jesus this getting fuckin ridiculous.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:54 pm

eastlands-lostboy wrote:What a fucking knob this bloke is ! he keeps cocking up on club statements talks in a very schoolboyish manner about important things and seems to try very badly to always be controling all media situations. Peter Kenyon was so far up his own arse he began to believe he was the top man at Chelsea until Roman kicked him out. Its now time to get rid of this very smug twat and find a more acceptable front man than Cook. He is an embarrasment to the club and how he ended up as top man for Nike god knows ! The sooner he goes the better for me. A piece in the Telegraph if only 50% true exposes him as a real liability to MCFC and also a very shallow character with no great fotballing nouse. IMO he is the root cause of some of the off the pitch shite flying around.... I give him 3 months and then perhaps he will have not got his Key Performance Indicators where the Shiek wants them to be. Hopefully he will end up in the fucking bin with Kenyon and others like him.

^^^this guy is 1 of them glory hunters.
Never goes the games and has been supporting city for 2 seasons.
Who gives a fuck as long as we win?
Hughes is gone now and from what i see from todays game upto now, we are playing better football.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby bluej » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Isn't Peter Kenyon widely regarded as good at his job? If Cook sounds like him then that'll do me.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:52 pm

".... and how he ended up as top man for Nike god knows..."

Because serious / professional business organisations (like we aspire to be) judge on serious business results - not shallow bollocks / veneer stuff that seems to impress people who clearly have no knowledge of business

Some of the stuff posted on here re Cook is well founded - some just smacks of attention seeking children - unaware of how embarrassing they make themselves look
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:54 pm

bluej wrote:Isn't Peter Kenyon widely regarded as good at his job? If Cook sounds like him then that'll do me.

Cook has his issues - but in business acumen Kenyon is a couple of leagues below (at least)
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:".... and how he ended up as top man for Nike god knows..."

Because serious / professional business organisations (like we aspire to be) judge on serious business results - not shallow bollocks / veneer stuff that seems to impress people who clearly have no knowledge of business

Some of the stuff posted on here re Cook is well founded - some just smacks of attention seeking children - unaware of how embarrassing they make themselves look

Eh mate, forgot to thank you for your reply regarding Garry Cooks business acumen. Personally, I think he is going to outshine others in that respect and strangely enough, we are always in the media. Good or bad, publicity is publicity!

I actually quite like him in the media as well, makes the odd boo-boo, but does show that he is a genuine guy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Shit, it looks like we have another guy who likes to start threads dissing a member of our club and then fuck off...

Also known as a WUM.

I hope I'm wrong but the early indications are very CITYTILLIDIE11-ish , or RIGish.

So no comment on Garry Cook, particularly not when there is a MASSIVE thread already there about him.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Garry Cook is starting to sound like a City fan??? Maybe there is hope for him yet then...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Socrates wrote:Garry Cook is starting to sound like a City fan??? Maybe there is hope for him yet then...

Mate, he does come across like that doesn't he; as if he doesn't want anyone disrespecting the club. I know he was gutted after the Burnley game and when he mentioned 'We spent 60 million on that back four' with a slight tear in his eyes, I didn't know if he'd been turned or was facing the sack ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Grob » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Give Gary a break.

As a fan its a refreshing change to have a ceo be candid and frank over whats happening at the club but the press cant handle it. It removes the need for them to make things up. Yes Mark was disposed of ruthlessly but if his team wasnt underachieving every week none of this would never have happened.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Return to The Maine Football forum