Robinho again today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho again today

Postby JB » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:I really don't have a problem with Robinhos performance today.

Actually ,i'm very pleased with the way he played.

He was part of a team today.... a team that didn't let the opposition score a goal.

i can live with that.

Nail-on-head there mate. He worked his socks off and was man-marked all the way through, with extra back-up when he had the ball.

Agreed. Robi was rusty but was far from awful and played for the team.

Seems some folks need to always find fault with someone and can't accept it when everyone puts in a shift.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Robinho today reminded me a little of Tevez when he started with us. Lack of match fitness and very rusty. I think he will come good eventually but if he doesn't he'll find himself out the door.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Grob » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

He was part of a team today.... a team that didn't let the opposition score a goal.

i can live with that.

Nail-on-head there mate. He worked his socks off and was man-marked all the way through, with extra back-up when he had the ball.

Does the countless times he didnt compete for the ball when he was upfront at the start of the second half count as working your sock off and being part of the team. Granted he probaly shouldnt have been up there but he was and he didnt work hard enough. Hence why he went off.

I not turning into a Robinho hater, today he had nothing more than a reasonable/dissappointing game and a man of his ability should be doing better.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Redna » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:54 pm

stockportblue wrote:He was crap today.Opportunities 1 v 1 didnt look like he could beat his meat.

Your spot on. He's converted to a vegetarian. Give him same Bacon(face).
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Wooders » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:02 pm

he was very crap today but got himself in good positions - the goals will come when he gets his match fitness up and some confidence back

I am watching football first now, he knows he was awful today
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby HeyMark » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:21 am

Original Dub wrote:He's a very likeable bloke and has moments of brilliance, but these moments of brilliance are not nearly frequent enough and haven't been for sometime now.

He's started the same amount of games as RSC since they both recovered from their respective injuries and IMO hasn't contributed nearly the same as him.

Yet RSC was slated and Robinho mollie-coddled because he is the darling of the club. Like I said above, he's a likeable bloke, but that's not enough. I don't want him sold but FFS lads he HAS to start playing like a British record signing soon or we will suffer for it in certain games and that can't happen... the difference Bellamy made in his short time on the pitch was vast and comprehensive.

He has to work harder on almost every aspect of his game and show desire and commitment. Because that's what Ronaldo did and he's who Robinho wants to emulate.

Mate unbelievable post, you just summed up my complete feelings on this matter, saves me having to type it all out! The comparison with his and RSC's treatment is spot on.

He should not be starting ahead of Bellamy atm, if he's not match fit use him as an impact sub and ease him back into the game!

Also does anyone else feel that he doesn't seem to want to take on a defender and beat him, he always looks to pass it off! Maybe I'm wrong but I could swear at Real Madrid he was more likely to take players on when attacking.
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 am

Grob wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

i can live with that.

Does the countless times he didnt compete for the ball when he was upfront at the start of the second half count as working your sock off and being part of the team. Granted he probaly shouldnt have been up there but he was and he didnt work hard enough. Hence why he went off.

I not turning into a Robinho hater, today he had nothing more than a reasonable/dissappointing game and a man of his ability should be doing better.

A striker can only chase the ball down and try to win the ball off the oppositions defense if the rest of the team are going to support him. There's nothing worse that running between players chasing the ball down and getting no support from your midfield. It also leaves a striker tired and needing to recuperate, probably at the time he's expected to put a spurt on and run at goal. So if the team collectively decide to get behind the ball and get organised , as City did quite well yesterday when not in possession, why should a striker go chasing the ball down ?
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:27 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He was fucking awful today, worst home performance of his City career but he did as much closing down as it's fair to expect from a player of his type. He was trying as hard as you're ever going to see him. No lack of effort imo, just lack of pace, poor decision making, bad shooting technique.

I think once he scores we'll see the old Robinho exciting the crowd again. Having said that, imo Bellamy & Tevez are simply better players than him & so is Ribery, who we should sign.

You mean at the moment, right??!

I think he does mate :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:46 am

HeyMark wrote:

Mate unbelievable post, you just summed up my complete feelings on this matter, saves me having to type it all out! The comparison with his and RSC's treatment is spot on.

How is it? How many goals did RSC score for us last season?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:48 am

Vhero wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He was fucking awful today, worst home performance of his City career but he did as much closing down as it's fair to expect from a player of his type. He was trying as hard as you're ever going to see him. No lack of effort imo, just lack of pace, poor decision making, bad shooting technique.

I think once he scores we'll see the old Robinho exciting the crowd again. Having said that, imo Bellamy & Tevez are simply better players than him & so is Ribery, who we should sign.

I'm hoping so!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:42 am

aaron bond wrote:
Mike J wrote:probably because he was dire again. he really needs to start showing why we paid that money.

15 goals from the left wing in your first season isn't a bad return, and he's been injured for most of this season so far. I don't know why people are so keen to get on his back.

I know a lot of people don't accept this but it does often take players a while to settle into a new team/country. Robinho's performance last year was pretty good in my book. Today he did work hard but was having one of those days where things just didn't happen for him.

Remember that most people didn't rate Drogba until his 3rd season in the Prem now he's considered to be one of the best strikers around.

Mate it doesn't matter what he did in the past. At the moment he does not deserve to be in the team. He has been fit for weeks now but:

Cant sprint
Wont tackle (embarrassing)
Cant shoot straight

Yesterday was a home match, with a new manager, with his much-craved 'free role', and he was absolutely dire.

People sometimes need to take off the Robinho specs and look at the performance of the player in front of them.

Im sure Mancini will!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:47 am

john@staustell wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Mike J wrote:probably because he was dire again. he really needs to start showing why we paid that money.

15 goals from the left wing in your first season isn't a bad return, and he's been injured for most of this season so far. I don't know why people are so keen to get on his back.

I know a lot of people don't accept this but it does often take players a while to settle into a new team/country. Robinho's performance last year was pretty good in my book. Today he did work hard but was having one of those days where things just didn't happen for him.

Remember that most people didn't rate Drogba until his 3rd season in the Prem now he's considered to be one of the best strikers around.

Mate it doesn't matter what he did in the past. At the moment he does not deserve to be in the team. He has been fit for weeks now but:

Cant sprint
Wont tackle (embarrassing)
Cant shoot straight

Yesterday was a home match, with a new manager, with his much-craved 'free role', and he was absolutely dire.

People sometimes need to take off the Robinho specs and look at the performance of the player in front of them.

Im sure Mancini will!

The worry for me is that apparently Robinho doesn't seem to want the ball as much as he should and when he gets on it he isn't doing a lot with it. He isn't and never has been a sprinter or a tackler although it would be nice if he did a little more running to get into good positions to recieve the ball and to hinder the opposition when they have the ball .

It must be a confidence thing and Mancini has to find the right balance between getting him game time to build his confidence up and leaving him out for players who are in better form and giving so much more to the team. I think we just trust Mancini to do that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby King Kev » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:56 am

Judging from his comments to Robinho regarding becoming a legend at the club I think we can safely say that Mancini will be sticking with him for the foreseeable future.

I don't think he is going to be leaving us anytime soon and I am looking forward to seeing him in his pomp again in the very near future.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Hopefully it's a confidence thing after his injury hasn't done much (if anything so far) but i'm hopefull we'll see the best of Robi soon as he looked happy enough in Sylvi's interview so just thing a good performance topped of with a goal and he'll be back to his best.

He would of skinned them yesterday if he was in the form of last year, form is temporary and class is permanant as andy gay says on fifa10 ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:10 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Hopefully it's a confidence thing after his injury hasn't done much (if anything so far) but i'm hopefull we'll see the best of Robi soon as he looked happy enough in Sylvi's interview so just thing a good performance topped of with a goal and he'll be back to his best.

He would of skinned them yesterday if he was in the form of last year, form is temporary and class is permanant as andy gay says on fifa10 ;o)

And that is a very good point mate. The World Cup is just around the corner and Robbie will want as much playing time as possible. That can only be a good thing for us.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:25 pm

HeyMark wrote:
Original Dub wrote:He's a very likeable bloke and has moments of brilliance, but these moments of brilliance are not nearly frequent enough and haven't been for sometime now.

He's started the same amount of games as RSC since they both recovered from their respective injuries and IMO hasn't contributed nearly the same as him.

Yet RSC was slated and Robinho mollie-coddled because he is the darling of the club. Like I said above, he's a likeable bloke, but that's not enough. I don't want him sold but FFS lads he HAS to start playing like a British record signing soon or we will suffer for it in certain games and that can't happen... the difference Bellamy made in his short time on the pitch was vast and comprehensive.

He has to work harder on almost every aspect of his game and show desire and commitment. Because that's what Ronaldo did and he's who Robinho wants to emulate.

He should not be starting ahead of Bellamy atm, if he's not match fit use him as an impact sub and ease him back into the game!

Also does anyone else feel that he doesn't seem to want to take on a defender and beat him, he always looks to pass it off! Maybe I'm wrong but I could swear at Real Madrid he was more likely to take players on when attacking.

We know Bellamy cannot play every game, let alone 2 games in 3 days! The manager quite rightly elected to play Robinho in the HOME game and save Bellamy for the AWAY game. And Robinho isn't going to recapture his magic unless he gets some game time, let's give him a chance after his injuries eh?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:29 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Hopefully it's a confidence thing after his injury hasn't done much (if anything so far) but i'm hopefull we'll see the best of Robi soon as he looked happy enough in Sylvi's interview so just thing a good performance topped of with a goal and he'll be back to his best.

"Tevez, with his bulldog like approach." Funny thing is, most bulldogs just sit there doing fuck all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:59 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Vhero wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

I'm hoping so!

I love watching flair players, Rodney Marsh was my hero. I still knew that Bell Lee & Summerbee were more important than him though, not because they had more skill, just that they contribute more to the team, in other words; they were better.

We will have to tweak the team find a way to get the best from Robinho. We don't need to do anything other than throw Tevez & Bellamy on the pitch & they will perform consistantly better than him. Every so often he'll produce something beautiful. Meanwhile they're shooting, crossing, passing, tackling, heading, beating men etc etc even on a bad day. They're just better.

Hopefully we can use all of them because a game of football with Robbie at his best is as much fun as you can have but I fear he'll get the boot.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Why does he need a shitload of games to get back in the mix when hes worth so much? SWP, santa, craig etc. are all expected to just resume when they've been out for a few weeks.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ronk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:38 pm

He had an error strewn performance, it was frustrating at times but there were still glimpses of the talent we all know is there. He linked up well and dragged Stoke around the place. They were very cautious of him and had probably too much success with the physical approach.

He set up Petrov well for the goal and I liked his movement in the build up. I want to see much more from him though.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum